Pattaya Final: Maria Kirilenko def. Sabine Lisicki 5-7 / 6-1 / 7-6(1) - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 10:47 AM   #1
country flag Geekking

Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of
Pattaya Final: Maria Kirilenko def. Sabine Lisicki 5-7 / 6-1 / 7-6(1)

Sabine
Geekking is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 10:47 AM   #2
country flag rrfnpump

rrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute rrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute rrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute rrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute rrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute rrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute rrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute rrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute rrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute rrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute rrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Pattaya Final: Maria Kirilenko def. Sabine Lisicki 5-7 / 6-1 / 7-6

Great fight from Lisicki in the end, but the outcome was never in doubt. That service game at 6*-5 was horrible, horrible. Somebody should tell her that a tennis match is best of three and not best of one. Her results since the beginning of 2012 are quite telling:

Australian Open Hard Jan 29 2012
4 Maria Sharapova(4) - Lisicki(14) 3-6 6-2 6-3

Fed Cup First Round Feb 4 2012
Iveta Benesova-cze - Lisicki 2-6 6-4 6-2
Petra Kvitova-cze - Lisicki 6-7(2) 6-4 6-1

Doha Premier Hard Feb 19 2012
1 Angelique Kerber - Lisicki(9) 4-6 6-4 6-1

Miami Premier Hard Apr 1 2012
4 Na Li(8) - Lisicki(12) 3-6 6-4 6-2

Olympic Games Grass Aug 5 2012
3 Maria Sharapova(3) - Lisicki(15) 6-7(8) 6-4 6-3

Montréal Premier Hard Aug 12 2012
2 Carla Suarez Navarro - Lisicki(15) 3-6 6-3 6-4

US Open Hard Sep 9 2012
1 Sorana Cirstea - Lisicki(16) 4-6 6-2 6-2

Luxembourg International Hard Oct 21 2012
1 Kirsten Flipkens-WC - Lisicki(5) 3-6 6-3 6-1

Australian Open Hard Jan 27 2013
1 Caroline Wozniacki(10) - Lisicki 2-6 6-3 6-3

Pattaya City Hard Feb 4 2013
F Maria Kirilenko (5) - Lisicki 5-7 6-1 7-6(1)
Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 10:47 AM   #3
country flag SilverSlam
I-G-G-Y

SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute
Pattaya F: [2] Maria Kirilenko d. [5] Sabine Lisicki 5-7 6-1 7-6(1)

Avoided the choke from 5-2 40-15* in the third. A little lucky to get away with that.
Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 10:47 AM   #4
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute
Pattaya Final: Kirilenko def. Lisicki 5-7 6-1 7-6(1)

Congrats Maria!

What a crazy match that was. Lisicki was 7-5 1-0* 40-15 in front but lost 9 games in a row after that. Maria had 2 MPs at 5-2* 40-15 but just missed the line with a FH return and Sabine hit an ace to save the second MP. Kiri then had a chance to serve it out at *5-4 but failed to do so. All the momentum + confidence was on Sabine's side from then on BUT she failed to serve it out as well at *6-5 (got broken to love ). Maria was the better player in the TB.
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 10:49 AM   #5
country flag Angelpova
Naoned e Breizh

Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of
Re: Pattaya Final: Kirilenko def. Lisicki 5-7 6-1 7-6(1)

Angelpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 10:49 AM   #6
country flag JarkaFish
Multiform

JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future
Re: Pattaya Final: Maria Kirilenko def. Sabine Lisicki 5-7 / 6-1 / 7-6(1)

NID

Lisucki

JarkaFish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 10:49 AM   #7
country flag Jimmie48
Don't stop me now!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Sabine

My Tennis Photo Database
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 10:49 AM   #8
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Pattaya F: [2] Maria Kirilenko d. [5] Sabine Lisicki 5-7 6-1 7-6(1)

When Lisicki broke to serve for the match, I thought it was all over... but then she only won 1 more point

Maria Sharapova: Always on Your Mind
AnnieIWillKnow is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 10:49 AM   #9
country flag Bronx19

Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of

Massive fuckery.
Bronx19 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 10:49 AM   #10
country flag Phenomareva

Phenomareva is a splendid one to behold Phenomareva is a splendid one to behold Phenomareva is a splendid one to behold Phenomareva is a splendid one to behold Phenomareva is a splendid one to behold Phenomareva is a splendid one to behold Phenomareva is a splendid one to behold Phenomareva is a splendid one to behold Phenomareva is a splendid one to behold Phenomareva is a splendid one to behold Phenomareva is a splendid one to behold

Somebody had to win this I guess . Well done, lil' Masha, finally a singles title again !! Enjoy!

Savinykh - Kirilenko - Sharapova - Buchina - Diatchenko - Kleybanova - Panova - Solovieva
Good luck to all russian and dutch players
Phenomareva is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 10:50 AM   #11
country flag Sergius

Sergius has a reputation beyond repute Sergius has a reputation beyond repute Sergius has a reputation beyond repute Sergius has a reputation beyond repute Sergius has a reputation beyond repute Sergius has a reputation beyond repute Sergius has a reputation beyond repute Sergius has a reputation beyond repute Sergius has a reputation beyond repute Sergius has a reputation beyond repute Sergius has a reputation beyond repute

some GOAT royal choking has been showing in the match by both players
such a weird match

Thank you, Kiri
Sergius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 10:50 AM   #12
country flag TheBoiledEgg
Moderator - Challengers & Juniors

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute

Maria
should have been 6-2 or 6-3 in 3rd

got away and broke back and then won TB easily
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
http://www.twitter.com/TheBoiledEgg
TheBoiledEgg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 10:50 AM   #13
country flag VIKA?

VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute

OMG YES! Finally a title
Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 10:50 AM   #14
country flag Sabinator.

Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute

Great fight Sabine

Magdalena Rybarikova * Su-Wei Hsieh * Jie Zheng * Jamie Hampton * Mathilde Johansson * Mona Barthel * Aleksandra Wozniak * Alison Riske
Andrea Petkovic * Jana Cepelova * Petra Cetkovska * Petra Martic * Karolina Pliskova * Svetlana Kuznetsova * Kristina Mladenovic * Annika Beck
Sabinator. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 10:50 AM   #15
country flag Gilas.

Gilas. has a brilliant future Gilas. has a brilliant future Gilas. has a brilliant future Gilas. has a brilliant future Gilas. has a brilliant future Gilas. has a brilliant future Gilas. has a brilliant future Gilas. has a brilliant future Gilas. has a brilliant future Gilas. has a brilliant future Gilas. has a brilliant future

Sabine at least you reached the final. Hopefully you're on your way back.
Congrats to Maria for winning the title, it seems to mean so much to her judging her reaction.