Radwanska: Why Was She So Physically Weak Today? - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 02:20 AM   #16
country flag tennisbum79

tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Radwanska: Why Was She So Physically Weak Today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxeraserhead View Post
I think it has a lot to do with how consistently deep Li Na's rally ball was, very few players on tour are capable of that, another notable example being Azarenka who can also make Radwanska look helpless. It probably messes with the timing of her strokes.
I don't deny Li Na played well; in fact she has played better in the past than today. But Aga was just pitful.
We all know she can't compete with power, but even her reflexes, anticipation, ability to keep the ball in play when in difficulty, her midcourt game, all deserted her. LI Na did not have to force the issue.

It would be interesting to see how she answers the question "What happened out there to day?" in the press room

Nadia Petrova Grand Slam Hope Is Fading
Updated: Sep 07. 2014
Next Update Date: Post 2015 AO
Rest in peace, Elena Baltacha.
tennisbum79 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 02:20 AM   #17
country flag JCNALI

JCNALI is a name known to all JCNALI is a name known to all JCNALI is a name known to all JCNALI is a name known to all JCNALI is a name known to all JCNALI is a name known to all JCNALI is a name known to all JCNALI is a name known to all JCNALI is a name known to all JCNALI is a name known to all JCNALI is a name known to all

Na were making her run and hit it pretty flat ,so its deep and Radwanska can't keep bending her knee,
The ball were pretty slow, didn't you see Na didn't hit it as hard too? She can generate pace,but that play into Na's hand, she knows it too. So she try to bait out the error. Radwanska is not a natural power player, she can only hit the shoulder height balls ,when she's in position to be the aggressor ,gradually now her serve improve, it take more toll physically. But today it didn't matter what she did. Na was too good
JCNALI is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 02:22 AM   #18
country flag Sylvester

Sylvester has a reputation beyond repute Sylvester has a reputation beyond repute Sylvester has a reputation beyond repute Sylvester has a reputation beyond repute Sylvester has a reputation beyond repute Sylvester has a reputation beyond repute Sylvester has a reputation beyond repute Sylvester has a reputation beyond repute Sylvester has a reputation beyond repute Sylvester has a reputation beyond repute Sylvester has a reputation beyond repute

Radwanska struggles everytime she gets outplayed on a match. She is unable to fight back, try to find new solutions on her game, come up with a backup plan. Once she starts getting outplayed by her opponent, she collapses and loses interest on the match.

I don't even recall any good comeback win from Radwanska. A single one!
Sylvester is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 02:25 AM   #19
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvester View Post
Radwanska struggles everytime she gets outplayed on a match. She is unable to fight back, try to find new solutions on her game, come up with a backup plan. Once she starts getting outplayed by her opponent, she collapses and loses interest on the match.

The only one I can think of off-hand is one against Jankovic, who chokes against all and sundry

I guess that Wimbledon QF, where she was 2 points away from defeat, was reasonably impressive from a mental-strength standpoint. Then again, that match was against....Kirilenko.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 02:27 AM   #20
country flag n1_and_uh_noone

n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute

Must have been the titanic slugfest she engaged in with Anci in the previous round.

I jest. Beating Li last week was the worst thing that could have happened to her. Li was flat then but Rad came in feeling ocnfident, expecting her to crash and burn all on her own. Didn't happen, she dropped her aggressive play from mid-match unceremoniously and got beaten.
n1_and_uh_noone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 02:28 AM   #21
country flag tennisbum79

tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvester View Post

To be fair, after losing the 1st set in Wimbledon 2012 final against Serena, she bounced back to win the 2nd set.
No she did not win the match, but she fought back at least.
There was none of that here.

Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 02:31 AM   #22
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by @danieln1 View Post
When you win 13 straight matches or whatever the number was one day you´ll get tired, especially with her retrieving running all over the place.
This.

She was corpse like in R1 but her other matches were better, she was going to wilt sooner or later. She shouldn't have played two warm-ups.
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 02:33 AM   #23
country flag Morrissey

Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold

Maybe people are correct Agnieszka played too much tennis prior to the Australian Open? She only needed to play Auckland or Sydney she didn`t need to play both events. I think she over did it.
Morrissey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 02:38 AM   #24
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Again, as someone already pointed out, the "overplaying" excuse just doesn't wash, because Na played the same number of matches ahead of the tournament, and her matches were generally longer/tougher than Radwanska's too
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 02:38 AM   #25
country flag nelsondan

nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe her weight at Wimbledon was the same as it is now....she looks thinner now, to me....don't know if that would have an effect.....

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by nelsondan : Jan 22nd, 2013 at 02:45 AM.
nelsondan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 02:41 AM   #26
country flag Brad[le]y.
Wingis <3

Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
The only one I can think of off-hand is one against Jankovic, who chokes against all and sundry

I guess that Wimbledon QF, where she was 2 points away from defeat, was reasonably impressive from a mental-strength standpoint. Then again, that match was against....Kirilenko.
At Wimbledon 5 years ago she came back from 4-1 in the final set against Kuznetsova. But we all know what a mental giant she is
Brad[le]y. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 02:41 AM   #27
tejmeglekvár
CFO

tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute

Excuses.
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 02:44 AM   #28
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

I get where people are coming from but Li is in better shape and stronger than Aga. I mean even last year she had like what 3? really good results post Miami, Wimbledon, Tokyo and YEC.
With her gamestyle she just can't hold up as long. It doesn't really matter anyway, Li played a smart match for once and even vs PEAK Aga it's still on Li's racquet. I definitely think today was subpar from Aga though.
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 02:45 AM   #29
country flag tennisbum79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavstry. View Post
Excuses.
What excuses?

I really wanted to know why such a drop in her physical performance between her preivous rounds and today, especially she beat Ana comfortably
I wouldn't think that is the same as looking for an excuse.

Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 02:51 AM   #30
country flag mdterp01

mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute

Cuz she is!!!! THE END!!!

Serena Williams Australian Open Champion (03,05,07,09,10)
French Open Champion (02,13)
Wimbledon Champion (02,03,09,10,12)
US Open Champion (99,02,08,12,13,14)
mdterp01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote