Radwanska: Why Was She So Physically Weak Today? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 01:06 AM   #1
country flag tennisbum79

tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute
Radwanska: Why Was She So Physically Weak Today?

She looked gingerly, unsure of herself, puffy balls all over the place, dumping many of them in the middle of net.

Was is it just Li Na's power, using the classic "how to beat a pusher" strategy.

Nadia Petrova Grand Slam Hope Is Fading
Updated: Sep 11. 2013
Next Update Date: Post 2014 USO
Rest in peace, Elena Baltacha.

Last edited by tennisbum79 : Jan 22nd, 2013 at 01:32 AM.
tennisbum79 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 01:08 AM   #2
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Radwanska: Why Was She So Physically Weak Today?

This is her standard level.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 01:10 AM   #3
country flag JCNALI

JCNALI is a name known to all JCNALI is a name known to all JCNALI is a name known to all JCNALI is a name known to all JCNALI is a name known to all JCNALI is a name known to all JCNALI is a name known to all JCNALI is a name known to all JCNALI is a name known to all JCNALI is a name known to all JCNALI is a name known to all

She never had the power, none of her opponents before could rally with her fh and bh .
JCNALI is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 01:11 AM   #4
country flag Morrissey

Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold

Li Na played well but I was surprised at Agnieszka she didn`t play well ON THE BIG POINTS. And that was the shock! Agnienzka had so many leads in the first set and blew it! She had a 3-2 lead could not consolidate, then she had a 5-4 lead serving for the first set and gets broken at love! Li Na played okay, but Agnieszka didn`t bring it today she needed to play a more aggressive form of tennis. I felt like Agnieszka thought Li was just going to spray balls and did somewhat. But I believe Agnieszka blew her chances that`s why she lost she wasn`t aggressive enough. This is so disappointing four time an Australian Open quarterfinalst this result is a huge disappointment!
Morrissey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 01:11 AM   #5
country flag tennisbum79

tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
This is her standard level.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCNALI View Post
She never had the power, none of her opponents before could rally with her fh and bh .
I don't think so.

I am not arguing she is a power players like the of the top 3, but usually her shots have more zip or punch than what I saw today.
She played like someone who had a long, tiring match in previous round and did not get enough rest.

Nadia Petrova Grand Slam Hope Is Fading
Updated: Sep 11. 2013
Next Update Date: Post 2014 USO
Rest in peace, Elena Baltacha.

Last edited by tennisbum79 : Jan 22nd, 2013 at 01:33 AM.
tennisbum79 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 01:12 AM   #6
country flag saarsngg

saarsngg has much to be proud of saarsngg has much to be proud of saarsngg has much to be proud of saarsngg has much to be proud of saarsngg has much to be proud of saarsngg has much to be proud of saarsngg has much to be proud of saarsngg has much to be proud of saarsngg has much to be proud of saarsngg has much to be proud of saarsngg has much to be proud of

I thought she did well until the sun came up. Heat's probably an issue since she's running so much

Titles
PAW: Paris '13, Carlsbad '13, Seoul '13, Osaka '13 & Nurnberg '14
TT Doubles: ITF Perth '13 (w/Chilenaitor), ITF Nules '13, ITF Winnipeg '14 (w/Spencer.)
saarsngg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 01:13 AM   #7
country flag sxeraserhead

sxeraserhead is a splendid one to behold sxeraserhead is a splendid one to behold sxeraserhead is a splendid one to behold sxeraserhead is a splendid one to behold sxeraserhead is a splendid one to behold sxeraserhead is a splendid one to behold sxeraserhead is a splendid one to behold sxeraserhead is a splendid one to behold sxeraserhead is a splendid one to behold sxeraserhead is a splendid one to behold sxeraserhead is a splendid one to behold

I think it has a lot to do with how consistently deep Li Na's rally ball was, very few players on tour are capable of that, another notable example being Azarenka who can also make Radwanska look helpless. It probably messes with the timing of her strokes.
sxeraserhead is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 01:14 AM   #8
country flag AndreConrad

AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know if she was tired; in fact I don't think she was. I think she was very nervous and it took quite a bit of energy and accuracy from her. She also lacked her usual concentration. I think she feels pressure to win a slam.
Bally, Rest In Peace!
AndreConrad is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 01:14 AM   #9
country flag danieln1
VIP and The Cheesecake Factory

danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute

When you win 13 straight matches or whatever the number was one day you´ll get tired, especially with her retrieving running all over the place.

Ivanovic - Görges - Agnieszka - Li - Woz

Venus - Kvitova - Putintseva - Golden Flowers - Stosur - Stephens

that is so disrespectful.... so disrespectful!
danieln1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 01:15 AM   #10
country flag longtin23

longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrissey View Post
Li Na played well but I was surprised at Agnieszka she didn`t play well ON THE BIG POINTS. And that was the shock! Agnienzka had so many leads in the first set and blew it! She had a 3-2 lead could not consolidate, then she had a 5-4 lead serving for the first set and gets broken at love! Li Na played okay, but Agnieszka didn`t bring it today she needed to play a more aggressive form of tennis. I felt like Agnieszka thought Li was just going to spray balls and did somewhat. But I believe Agnieszka blew her chances that`s why she lost she wasn`t aggressive enough. This is so disappointing four time an Australian Open quarterfinalst this result is a huge disappointment!
I wonder when she has the serve and ability to serve out the set when encountering a power baseliner... Aga is too passive today and nervous, at the end she gave up. That's all.
Remember she played just one more 60 60 match than Li...

V.Williams Zheng Peng Zhang Pavlyuchenkova Cornet Larsson
Mladenovic Garcia Wickmayer
longtin23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 01:16 AM   #11
country flag C-Woz-A-Rod

C-Woz-A-Rod is a splendid one to behold C-Woz-A-Rod is a splendid one to behold C-Woz-A-Rod is a splendid one to behold C-Woz-A-Rod is a splendid one to behold C-Woz-A-Rod is a splendid one to behold C-Woz-A-Rod is a splendid one to behold C-Woz-A-Rod is a splendid one to behold C-Woz-A-Rod is a splendid one to behold C-Woz-A-Rod is a splendid one to behold C-Woz-A-Rod is a splendid one to behold C-Woz-A-Rod is a splendid one to behold

Worst I've seen her play for a while, she was incredibly poor, seemed lost, footwork wasn't right and the errors were sloppy.

Hopefully she bounces back though, it's definitely not her normal standard as some are saying, she didn't get the Wimbledon final because of a fluke, and going 13 matches unbeaten at the start of this year is no fluke either.
C-Woz-A-Rod is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 01:16 AM   #12
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by @danieln1 View Post
When you win 13 straight matches or whatever the number was one day you´ll get tired, especially with her retrieving running all over the place.
^ this.
None of the top 10 played so many matches before AO, today she paid that price I guess..
Trih is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 01:18 AM   #13
country flag Boxuan

Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of

Radwanska is never a powerful player, but she's very good at reflecting opponents' strokes, the faster and stronger she receives the ball, the faster and stronger it goes back too. Li Na realised it after first two games and reduced her usual stroking power, only used full strength on killer shots, that's probably why Aga looked more puffy and made more errors today than usual.

·┏┻━┓┏━━━┓┏━━━┓┏━━━┓┏━━━┓┏━━━┓
┏┛李娜┣┫·科娃┣┫·郑洁┣┫·伊万┣┫·彭帅┣┫·杨科┃
┗◎━◎┛┗◎━◎┛┗◎━◎┛┗◎━◎┛┗◎━◎┛┗◎━◎┛
Boxuan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 01:19 AM   #14
Volcana

Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisbum79 View Post
She looked gingerly, unsure of herself, puffy balls all over the palce, dumping many of them in the middle of net.

Was is it just Li Na's power, using the classic "how to beat a pusher" strategy.
You see the movies "The Avengers"? It's what Phil Coulson said to Loki.

"You lack commitment."

She lacks commitment. Bring it to her at all, and she goes into her shell. It happens that her level of skill is so high, it takes a lot to intimidate her, but once you do, she's over.

Last edited by Volcana : Jan 22nd, 2013 at 01:35 AM.
Volcana is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 01:19 AM   #15
country flag longtin23

longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trih View Post
^ this.
None of the top 10 played so many matches before AO, today she paid that price I guess..
Na played the same amount, with one less (the 60 60 bagel in Sydney final) And Li is 30, Aga is twenty sth only...

V.Williams Zheng Peng Zhang Pavlyuchenkova Cornet Larsson
Mladenovic Garcia Wickmayer
longtin23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote