Romney Had Own Inaugural; but Failed To Show - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 12:14 AM   #1
country flag tennisbum79

tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute
Romney Had Own Inaugural; but Failed To Show

I was not aware of this "other" inaugural, I just discovered this article by accident.
Never too late to learn somehing new

Past portaits in the inaugurals hall include John Kerry, Al Gore, John McCain etc...you get the idea

Quote:

Al Bello/Getty Images

Former Republican presidential candidate and Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney dreamt the impossible dream ... and the First State Bank in Norton, Kan., is putting his portrait in its second-floor gallery of those, like Romney, who have tried and failed to become the President.

Mitt Romney likely didn’t watch President Obama’s inauguration, inaugurated to 'They Also Ran Gallery'

An aide to Mitt Romney said it was 'doubtful' that the Massachusetts Governor and his wife, Anne, watched President Obama’s inauguration on television. While Romney had 'no big plans' for the weekend, a Kansas bank planned to hang his portrait in its ‘They Also Ran Gallery’ on Tuesday.

After losing the 2012 election, Mitt Romney went to Disneyland, but as President Obama took his oath of office this weekend and celebrated his second inauguration, the former Massachusetts Governor had “no big plans.”
Rather than travel to Washington for the inauguration of his campaign rival, Romney spent the weekend at his home in La Jolla, Calif., NBC News reported.

Asked whether Romney and his wife, Anne, planned to watch coverage of the festivities in the nation's capital, an aide said it was “doubtful.”
Since his electoral college drubbing, Romney has largely kept out of the public eye, but his former running mate, Paul Ryan, took the opportunity on Monday to congratulate Obama on his reelection.

“We may disagree on matters of policy,” Ryan wrote on his Facebook page. “But today we remember why we take those matters so seriously—because we seek the public good. It’s our highest duty—one that we share—and one for which we’re grateful.”

Romney, meanwhile, can find some small consolation knowing that he will be have his own inauguration of sorts.
First State Bank in Norton, Kan. houses a second-floor gallery full of those, like Romney, who have tried, but failed to become president.
"I've tried to make it a party and a little inauguration," Lee Ann Shearer, the gallery’s director, told the Salina Journal. "After a welcome, I will have a little talk about the rejected candidate."

Romney’s portrait will join those of 59 other presidential losers, including John Kerry, Bob Dole, Al Gore, and John McCain.
The 10 a.m. “Inaugural Event and Reception,” will also include coffee and cookies

source: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...icle-1.1244471

Nadia Petrova Grand Slam Hope Is Fading
Updated: Sep 11. 2013
Next Update Date: Post 2014 USO
Rest in peace, Elena Baltacha.
tennisbum79 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 12:16 AM   #2
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Romney Had Own Inaugural; but Failed To Show

Who?

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live."
Sammo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 01:42 AM   #3
country flag Sir Stefwhit

Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute

A gallery of losers...WTF!?
The REAL GOAT Rafael Nadal
Future Inductees: Clijsters, C.Evert, A.Agassi, A.Berasategui, N. Zvereva, I.Majoli, M.Safin, Li Na, VIKA, and Del Potro
Sir Stefwhit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 01:51 AM   #4
country flag Helen Lawson

Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute

I heard about this, it's for real.

Romney not only said he would not be attending the real one, he said he wouldn't even be watching on TV. Doesn't need to be said, sore loser.
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 02:03 AM   #5
country flag tennisbum79

tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen Lawson View Post

Romney not only said he would not be attending the real one, he said he wouldn't even be watching on TV. Doesn't need to be said, sore loser.
Yeah, it is for real.

And to make Romney feel at home, the gallery is owned by and located in a bank
I cannot reconcile this Romney attitude to what one of his son contended, he was not really interested in being president.

Last edited by tennisbum79 : Jan 22nd, 2013 at 02:33 AM.
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 02:22 AM   #6
country flag GOATdin0931

GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute

He is not being a sore loser he is just not going to support someone with different beliefs from him
GOATdin0931 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 02:26 AM   #7
country flag mykarma

mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodin0931 View Post
He is not being a sore loser he is just not going to support someone with different beliefs from him
Not sure about that because in the last two debates he agreed with everything Obama said.
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 02:35 AM   #8
country flag tennisbum79

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykarma View Post
Not sure about that because in the last two debates he agreed with everything Obama said.
On foreign policy, he was to the left of Obama

He did everything short of endorsing the president

Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 02:42 AM   #9
country flag tennisbum79

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodin0931 View Post
I don't think it is supporting the president rather than supporting the institutions.

Although not officially mandated, it is part of the protocol in transition of power.
IN non-democratic countries, it is usually the case if the loser refuses not to appear at the inauguration of the winners, his loser support takes it as their leader is not fully accepting the outcome.

I am not accusing Romney of doing that here, but it is bad sport that he has not recovered from his loss.

Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 02:57 AM   #10
country flag wild.river

wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute

the US isn't a banana republic. romney's presence doesn't make obama any more or less legitimate.
he just took away the opportunity for your pals to make gifs out of his and his wife's facial expressions.
wild.river is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 03:16 AM   #11
country flag tennisbum79

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild.river View Post
the US isn't a banana republic. romney's presence doesn't make obama any more or less legitimate..
I don't disagree with that. But if you have watched, there is a lot of pride in emphasizing this aspect of transition of power.
There is an healthy sense insecurity when journalists, political historians and politicians constantly point at the cordiallity between the loser and the winner as a sign of good health and confidence in our democracy compared to other countries.

As for legitimacy, I wouldn't be so sure. The number republican who feel the president was not borne here and therefore is illigemiate has increase since he took office. There are lot of conspiracy theorists who would see in Romney's gesture yet another agrument to use to delegitize the president.
Quote:
he just took away the opportunity for your pals to make gifs out of his and his wife's facial expressions.
Do you really think politicans (left or right) care what we post here?
BTW, you have been here long enough to know that my "pals" do not have monopoly in making gifs out of politician facial expressions.

Last edited by tennisbum79 : Jan 22nd, 2013 at 03:22 AM.
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 03:40 AM   #12
country flag wild.river

wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisbum79 View Post
I don't disagree with that. But if you have watched, there is a lot of pride in emphasizing this aspect of transition of power.
There is an healthy sense insecurity when journalists, political historians and politicians constantly point at the cordiallity between the loser and the winner as a sign of good health and confidence in our democracy compared to other countries.

As for legitimacy, I wouldn't be so sure. The number republican who feel the president was not borne here and therefore is illigemiate has increase since he took office. There are lot of conspiracy theorists who would see in Romney's gesture yet another agrument to use to delegitize the president.
you must've missed the fact that mcconnell, boehner, and cantor were there
paul ryan was booed by the classy crowd.

Quote:
Do you really think politicans (left or right) care what we post here?
not tennisforum, obviously, but the media in general. if the romneys had attended, we'd have thousands of lefty websites and blogs continuing to mock them

Quote:
BTW, you have been here long enough to know that my "pals" do not have monopoly in making gifs out of politician facial expressions.
and?
wild.river is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 04:57 AM   #13
country flag tennisbum79

Quote:
you must've missed the fact that mcconnell, boehner, and cantor were there
paul ryan was booed by the classy crowd.?
Yes these leaders were there because they have constitutional duty to be there.
Having Romney there would have meant more

You seem to think these politicians ego is so easy to bruise it needs protecting.

Quote:
not tennisforum, obviously, but the media in general. if the romneys had attended, we'd have thousands of lefty websites and blogs continuing to mock them
You have been here long enough to know righty and lefty websites do this all the times.
Some righty website still believe Obama is illegitimate president, he was not borne here, he won because he suppresed the vote.

These websites are now part of American political landscape, and you cannot credibly make the case that this the monopoly of the left.
The earlier you get used to them ( and not be sensitive), the better off you'll.
Imagine if you were a liberal and saw the images purpoted to be Obama that were in Tea Party demonstrations. Gorilla, African witch doctor, Mao, Stalling Mussolini, Hitler. You would have lost interest in politicis by now.
I am sure you have heard of The Drugde Reports, The Blaze, NewsMax, RedState, Breitbart, Dikck Morris, Michelle Malkin, .. and of course FOXNews.

As the inauguration was in progress, FOXNews was already criticizing Obama, they even fail to show some of the very importnat optics of the inauguration, namely the parade where diversity abound with flotial including, chinese american community group, Gay Americans, Hispanic Americans, Hawaians.

This all ties in the theme of equal, civil rights Obama talked about in his speech.
Prior to the parade, the president has mentioned Stonewall in an inaugural speech, the first time it was ever done in an inagural.
Plantman should be grateful to the president for this.

Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 08:36 AM   #14
country flag AliceMariaRenka

AliceMariaRenka has much to be proud of AliceMariaRenka has much to be proud of AliceMariaRenka has much to be proud of AliceMariaRenka has much to be proud of AliceMariaRenka has much to be proud of AliceMariaRenka has much to be proud of AliceMariaRenka has much to be proud of AliceMariaRenka has much to be proud of AliceMariaRenka has much to be proud of AliceMariaRenka has much to be proud of AliceMariaRenka has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen Lawson View Post

I doubt Mr Obama will leave the USA in any better shape in a few years time. Anyone can talk about change and making the world a better place. It's what you get done that counts.

Ana; Maria; Vika

Come on Caroline, prove everyone wrong!
AliceMariaRenka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 09:39 AM   #15
country flag Helen Lawson

Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute

No one expected him to go or to watch on TV, but to announce he's not going to watch it on TV, I think that's very strange.