Hingis - Compare Radwanska to me when she's won a slam - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 21st, 2013, 06:11 PM   #76
edificio

edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hingis - Compare Radwanska to me when she's won a slam

I actually don't find their games to be that similar except superficially. But with five slams, maybe Hingis doesn't have to be so uptight. Reminds me of when someone asked Pete what was the difference between him and Pat Rafter and he said: about 12 slams [however many was the difference at the time]. He got a lot of flack for saying that. It was funny.

Last edited by edificio : Jan 21st, 2013 at 06:19 PM.
edificio is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 21st, 2013, 06:13 PM   #77
country flag Steven.

Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute

remember when people used to say Caroline's game was more similar to Hingis' than Aga's? sad times. not like this is much better actually...
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 06:32 PM   #78
country flag Lunaticalm

Lunaticalm is a splendid one to behold Lunaticalm is a splendid one to behold Lunaticalm is a splendid one to behold Lunaticalm is a splendid one to behold Lunaticalm is a splendid one to behold Lunaticalm is a splendid one to behold Lunaticalm is a splendid one to behold Lunaticalm is a splendid one to behold Lunaticalm is a splendid one to behold Lunaticalm is a splendid one to behold Lunaticalm is a splendid one to behold

I see time (and the 1999 FO final) haven't done much to mellow Martina's notorious haughtiness towards other players. Oh well.
Lunaticalm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 06:33 PM   #79
country flag kusiak

kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSumGame View Post
Hingis is right! Comparing her game to Radwanska's when Radwanska actually hasnt used the supposed skill set to win a slam only diminishes Hingis' achievements as fluke
I love Martina, maybe even more then Aga, but she's not right there. Poeple say that htey've got similat games, that's all. And they do. Of course Martina had better almost everything and probably will still have much bigger achievements when Aga edns her carreer but still we can see similarities. Martina had great net game - Aga's very good, both use it often. Martina had amazing touch - Aga's very good. Both have better backhand than forehand, both second's serve is weakness, both use slices a lot, both had variety (Martina's much better). Both are great movers (Aga's better), both have great anticipation (Martina's slightly better), both great redirecters...and many more.

AGA - FUTURE SLAM CHAMP AND WORLD NUMBER ONE

SERENA WILLIAMS - GOAT
kusiak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 06:35 PM   #80
country flag Simugna Help

Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucemferre View Post
Radwanska's game doesn't have the flow of Hingis'. She looks disinterested and grumpy on the court. Her serve is ugly, groundstrokes look awkward. Hingis was not only easier on the eyes, her style was very appealing too. That weak serve was aesthetically 100 times better than anyone except Serena's. At least to me. Her game had a unique beauty to it that had more to do with the way she hit her shots than its variety.

She has a fantastic service motion.

Quote:
and I've seen all of these from Voskoboeva in Sydney qualies, still nobody gives a shit who she is.
You're just seething cause you'll never see Sharapova chipin'n'chargin'.

Quote:
Who has done that exactly? I know the comparison has been floating around for a while, but I don't have the impression that it's particularly coming from Aga's fans. I think the comparison is more popular among sports journalists with a deadline and nothing interesting to say.
Yup.
Simugna Help is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 06:37 PM   #81
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invisible Fan View Post
Uncharitable observes might say Hingis was lucky to win those most of the slams when the Williams sisters hadn't "arrived" yet.
How I love these theories

Let's say that in 2015 the WTA will see a brand-new amazing player who does everything better than the Williams sisters.

Will you then come up with this nonsense than Serena and Venus were lucky to win their slams, because this fantastic player hadn't arrived yet when Serena and Venus dominated and call their domination a 'transition period' before this amazing new champion appeared?
Petronius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 06:39 PM   #82
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novichok View Post
What's your point?
My point is praising her for the variety and IQ or whatever will lead her exactly to the middle of nowhere.
She improved her rankings and result in past 1,5 year because of her endurance, defensive play and serve.
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 06:42 PM   #83
country flag RenaPova

RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future

Why is Hingis so pressed? Clinging on to Radwanska's coat-tails is getting her some relevance
RenaPova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 06:47 PM   #84
country flag Simugna Help

Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavstry. View Post
My point is praising her for the variety and IQ or whatever will lead her exactly to the middle of nowhere.
She improved her rankings and result in past 1,5 year because of her endurance, defensive play and serve.
I think she has a general idea where she needs to take her tennis next regardless of what is written by tennis journos. She would never achieve what she already has if she listened to what people say on the internetz.
Simugna Help is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 06:48 PM   #85
country flag JarkaFish
Multiform

JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invisible Fan View Post
Uncharitable observes might say Hingis was lucky to win those most of the slams when the Williams sisters hadn't "arrived" yet (although I don't know what happened to Graf at that time ).
Hingis had a neutral H2H against the WS.

If anything, they were maybe lucky that she was injured so they could go on that spell of dominance from the 2002 FO-2003 AO.
JarkaFish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 06:52 PM   #86
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aselto View Post
I think she has a general idea where she needs to take her tennis next regardless of what is written by tennis journos. She would never achieve what she already has if she listened to what people say on the internetz.
Good for her.
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 06:53 PM   #87
country flag JarkaFish
Multiform

JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future

You seem agitated, feeling a bit nervous about the prospects of an Agatha-Martha SF, Pavstry?

JarkaFish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 06:56 PM   #88
country flag TheDream

TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
Hingis had a neutral H2H against the WS.

If anything, they were maybe lucky that she was injured so they could go on that spell of dominance from the 2002 FO-2003 AO.
most of her wins over serena came when serena was young and before 2002. besides, capriati began to own hingis so the WS were the least of her problems. and don't forget the belgians hitting their stride around that time. who knows how many times she would've had a chance to face a WS.
TheDream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 06:57 PM   #89
country flag Novichok

Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
Feeling a bit nervous about the prospects of an Agatha-Martha SF, Pavstry?

He should be. It took Peak Sharapova to barely beat a tired Aga in Instanbul.
Novichok is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 07:00 PM   #90
country flag RenaPova

RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDream View Post
most of her wins over serena came when serena was young and before 2002. besides, capriati began to own hingis so the WS were the least of her problems. and don't forget the belgians hitting their stride around that time. who knows how many times she would've had a chance to face a WS.
Clock her!

Hingis was finished once te Williams sisters (and other players) started playing better, they punchedT her out and her bruised ego couldn't take it. Hingis and ha stans will just have to deal.
RenaPova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote