Hingis - Compare Radwanska to me when she's won a slam - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 21st, 2013, 06:01 PM   #61
country flag Orbis

Orbis has a brilliant future Orbis has a brilliant future Orbis has a brilliant future Orbis has a brilliant future Orbis has a brilliant future Orbis has a brilliant future Orbis has a brilliant future Orbis has a brilliant future Orbis has a brilliant future Orbis has a brilliant future Orbis has a brilliant future
Re: Hingis - Compare Radwanska to me when she's won a slam

Don't know if that's really fair from Hingis, the slam comment anyway. She won all her slams before the rise of the big hitters finally overwhelmed her Aga has the court craft and skill to win a slam but it's hard when you know she's eventually going to have to face in in-form power player and that's a match-up that's never going to be very much in her favour...

Regarding their playstyles, I guess there are similarities, they both keep their errors low and win by forcing opponents into errors more often than not. They both love drop shots/lobs, both anticipate well, have good volleys...weak serves It's hard to deny all those. Lot of differences too though
Orbis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 21st, 2013, 06:09 PM   #62
tejmeglekvár
CFO

tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stromatolite View Post
Who has done that exactly? I know the comparison has been floating around for a while, but I don't have the impression that it's particularly coming from Aga's fans. I think the comparison is more popular among sports journalists with a deadline and nothing interesting to say.
I didnt say it was coming from Aga fans. (Fans, in general, always trying to present their faves as an unique competitor anyway.)
But should we just ignore/accept what professional pundits throwing in our face? Like this obnoxious:

Old Jan 21st, 2013, 06:11 PM   #63
country flag JarkaFish
Multiform

JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowking View Post
Don't know if that's really fair from Hingis, the slam comment anyway. She won all her slams before the rise of the big hitters finally overwhelmed her Aga has the court craft and skill to win a slam but it's hard when you know she's eventually going to have to face in in-form power player and that's a match-up that's never going to be very much in her favour...

Regarding their playstyles, I guess there are similarities, they both keep their errors low and win by forcing opponents into errors more often than not. They both love drop shots/lobs, both anticipate well, have good volleys...weak serves It's hard to deny all those. Lot of differences too though
Agatha has a better serve than Hingis.
JarkaFish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 06:21 PM   #64
country flag Orbis

Orbis has a brilliant future Orbis has a brilliant future Orbis has a brilliant future Orbis has a brilliant future Orbis has a brilliant future Orbis has a brilliant future Orbis has a brilliant future Orbis has a brilliant future Orbis has a brilliant future Orbis has a brilliant future Orbis has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
Agatha has a better serve than Hingis.
Agreed, a bit more power and placement on Aga's. She's really improved that in recent times.
Orbis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 06:22 PM   #65
country flag Exodite

Exodite has much to be proud of Exodite has much to be proud of Exodite has much to be proud of Exodite has much to be proud of Exodite has much to be proud of Exodite has much to be proud of Exodite has much to be proud of Exodite has much to be proud of Exodite has much to be proud of Exodite has much to be proud of Exodite has much to be proud of

Hingis is too evil to be Gryffindor and too ugly to be a Slytherin. You think on that for a while Harry. Maybe the scar my words left on your cookie box will help you sort the truly good from the truly bad.
Exodite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 06:27 PM   #66
country flag sowisko

sowisko is a splendid one to behold sowisko is a splendid one to behold sowisko is a splendid one to behold sowisko is a splendid one to behold sowisko is a splendid one to behold sowisko is a splendid one to behold sowisko is a splendid one to behold sowisko is a splendid one to behold sowisko is a splendid one to behold sowisko is a splendid one to behold sowisko is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavstry. View Post
But should we just ignore/accept what professional pundits throwing in our face? Like this obnoxious:

sowisko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 06:27 PM   #67
country flag overrule

overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold

Only compare Aga to Hingis when Aga chokes away a final, breaks down sobbing, and needs her mother to carry her off the court.
overrule is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 06:30 PM   #68
country flag Drake1980

Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jan 21st, 2013, 06:32 PM   #69
tejmeglekvár
CFO

tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sowisko View Post
and I've seen all of these from Voskoboeva in Sydney qualies, still nobody gives a shit who she is.
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 06:43 PM   #70
country flag #1SteffiGraf#1

#1SteffiGraf#1 has a brilliant future #1SteffiGraf#1 has a brilliant future #1SteffiGraf#1 has a brilliant future #1SteffiGraf#1 has a brilliant future #1SteffiGraf#1 has a brilliant future #1SteffiGraf#1 has a brilliant future #1SteffiGraf#1 has a brilliant future #1SteffiGraf#1 has a brilliant future #1SteffiGraf#1 has a brilliant future #1SteffiGraf#1 has a brilliant future #1SteffiGraf#1 has a brilliant future

Don't dis Aga for this. She never said she was Hingis. She didn't pick a fight
------------------------------------------------------------
Hingis Fan est. 1996
Pova Fan est. 2009
#1SteffiGraf#1 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 06:55 PM   #71
faboozadoo15

faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1SteffiGraf#1 View Post
Don't dis Aga for this. She never said she was Hingis. She didn't pick a fight
Great point.

Imagine if we had a player with a cannon forehand and a slice backhand. She wouldn't go around asking to be compared to Graf....
faboozadoo15 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 06:56 PM   #72
faboozadoo15

faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
and I've seen all of these from Voskoboeva in Sydney qualies, still nobody gives a shit who she is.
As much as people don't think Aga should be compared to a legend like Hingis, Veskoboeva hasn't exactly done anything to get anybody's attention.
faboozadoo15 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 07:05 PM   #73
country flag JarkaFish
Multiform

JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by overrule View Post
Only compare Aga to Hingis when Aga chokes away a final, breaks down sobbing, and needs her mother to carry her off the court.
JarkaFish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 07:06 PM   #74
tejmeglekvár
CFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by faboozadoo15 View Post
As much as people don't think Aga should be compared to a legend like Hingis, Veskoboeva hasn't exactly done anything to get anybody's attention.
Just like Radwanska's variety didnt win her any slams.
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 07:08 PM   #75
country flag Novichok

Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Just like Radwanska's variety didnt win her any slams.
What's your point?
Novichok is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote