WWW The "Disrespectful QF": Serena vs. Sloane? - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: WWW?

Serena in 2 109 81.34%
Serena in 3 3 2.24%
Sloane in 2 5 3.73%
Sloane in 3 1 0.75%
Respect wins most at the end of the day 16 11.94%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old Jan 21st, 2013, 09:57 PM   #76
country flag brickhousesupporter

brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute
Re: WWW The "Disrespectful QF": Serena vs. Sloane?

For some reason this is going to be closer than it needs to be and not because of the quality of the opponent but because of the background stuff. I expect one break a set.
Advertisement

Old Jan 21st, 2013, 10:00 PM   #77
country flag Charlatan
Diabolical

Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Stefwhit View Post
Here's a small excerpt from Sloane's presser about Rena
Nice. Really tactful answers

Prove them wrong and try to win at least more than 4 games, Solane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasey View Post
Can't grab a Slam, grab cash then
Charlatan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 10:06 PM   #78
country flag TrojanStallion

TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic View Post
What are you talking about!? It clearly wasn't a joke and she was right.
I took it as a joke when she said it on-court, and again when she reiterated it was a joke.

Next.
TrojanStallion is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 11:20 PM   #79
country flag RVD

RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrojanStallion View Post
Completely annoying how this whole situation with Sloane complaining of Rena's come on's has blown up!!!
If you bothered to watch the match, or even just the on-court coaching when she made this statement, you can clearly see it was a dry joke, that her coach and Sloane laughed about.
With that said, Rena will roll in 2 sets. Sloane is a good athlete, but this is a slam, and Rena doesnt care who is in her way
Naw, sorry, don't even try to rewrite the script on this.
I viewed during the match and watched a clip on this several times, and neither her, nor her coach even came close to thinking of it as a joke when initially stated.
She was visibly bothered by it, and it's so easy to see this.
Plus, she was dead wrong to consider that "come-on" from Serena disrespectful.

No biggie though, because its obvious that she's not quite professionally mature yet.
Most newbies require some time on the tour to understand what is typical of professional play and what isn't.

If anyone is having trouble determining whether Sloane was serious or not, here is the clip of the complaint once again.

Again, it can easily be marked as professional immaturity on Sloane's part, as other opponents she's faced have done this countless times to boost their competitive juices.
SERENA: "I hate losing more than I love winning" | RVD: Knowledge(able)…?- In issues researched that interests me and affect my life directly. | Understand(ing)…?- Many subjects & topics in general; with an unquenchable thirst and open mind to learn more. | Experienced…?- In courses of study, and adversities faced. | Racism…?- Living it everyday; experiencing it’s pain in every way; knowing it’ll never go away; and fully understand the futility of arguing it’s ‘evils’ with 'the ignorant' more than I could possibly say.

Last edited by RVD : Jan 21st, 2013 at 11:24 PM. Reason: Discovered a better clip
RVD is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 11:44 PM   #80
country flag shoparound

shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future

Sloane definitely threw in the joke card to protect herself in the media.
She did look bothered by it clearly, and it's not exactly a "joke" that would make you feel better during matches.
shoparound is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 11:59 PM   #81
country flag RafaKimRena

RafaKimRena is an unknown quantity at this point

Sloane will be lucky to take games. Serena wins in a blowout something like 6-1 6-1
RafaKimRena is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 01:51 AM   #82
country flag Sir Stefwhit

Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Stefwhit View Post
Quick question: are we in danger of Serena not being as motivated to step on her throat as she would against any other QFinalist? No doubt Serena will win, but will she be motivated show her what she's all about and try to dish out bagels- Or does the whole mentor admiration aspect soften her just a wee bit? I surely hope that's not the case but her friends on tour play her tougher than the girls she's not as close to.

Serena's friends on tour through the years: Chanda Rubin, Svetlana Kuznetsova, Alexandra Stevenson, (Venus), Renae Stubbs, Wozniacki, Gajdosova, and Gisela Dulko. The only friend on tour she likes to beat "nasty-style" is poor Azarenka...lol
I figured the respect thing would get Sloane a few games in the beginning. I will be watching to see if Rena can kick it into stingy gear and be motivated to slay the dragon in her normal ruthless fashion.
The REAL GOAT Rafael Nadal
Future Inductees: Clijsters, C.Evert, A.Agassi, A.Berasategui, N. Zvereva, I.Majoli, M.Safin, Li Na, VIKA, and Del Potro
Sir Stefwhit is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 03:42 AM   #83
country flag Willam

Willam has a reputation beyond repute Willam has a reputation beyond repute Willam has a reputation beyond repute Willam has a reputation beyond repute Willam has a reputation beyond repute Willam has a reputation beyond repute Willam has a reputation beyond repute Willam has a reputation beyond repute Willam has a reputation beyond repute Willam has a reputation beyond repute Willam has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by koyak View Post
Serenita 6-2, 6-2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandabou View Post
Serena's so dominant on serve right now, it's gonna be awfully tough for Sloane. And of course: grand slam Serena is different than Brisbane Serena.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.K.B. View Post
Serena in 2. If Sloane plays like she did in the last two sets of her 4R, it'll be over in 45 mins.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCNALI View Post
This is over, that girl will be in a world of pain
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdterp01 View Post
Oh Sloane. Girl you needed 3 sets to get past Jovan (however u spell that child's name). And this is a major, not a lead up tournament. Get ready to be disrespected again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharakim View Post
Serena by domination and destruction 6-0 6-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by stromatolite View Post
I'd love to see Sloane make it competitive. And who knows, she might to some extent. But at best she'll make Serena sweat a bit in two tight sets. At worst, well ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlicznie View Post
I've really grown to like you Sloane, but gurl you'll get slaughtered.
Sarin said she had nothing to lose, we all know that means a bloodbath within an hour.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svetlana))) View Post
Serena 6-2 6-2 in a completely anticlimatic trashing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olórin View Post
Please disrespect her in under an hour, Serena!
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.M View Post
OMG this girl is so gonna get a spanking from Rena .

Serena 6-0,6-3
Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Woz-A-Rod View Post
Serena will teach Sloane a lesson, would be surprised if Sloane won more than four games.

Sloane will want to make a point, but Serena is just too strong and in great form.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoPova View Post
Sloane will need luck to win a game or two. Serena in 2 in 50 minutes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
I wonder how disrespectful will Serena be this time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanejeanne View Post
It'd be nice to say I hope Sloane puts up a fight but we know Serena will beat the holy spirit out of the child.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazillo View Post
Might be similair to the Muguruza match.
Quote:
Originally Posted by missvarsha View Post
Sereta will probably win 6-0 6-0 to try and snatch the record for reaching the semis by losing the least number of games.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReboundAce View Post
Bakery products will be served, serena will keep that bakery open the next round
Quote:
Originally Posted by southpaw58 View Post
I hope Serena wipes the court with Sloane.

I like Sloane a lot, she's engaging. But I want Serena to kick her ass.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LethalLaura View Post
I think Sloane will be a pest for Serena. Sloane won't be blown off the court, i don't think.

I predict something like 6-3 6-3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevecw View Post
Sloane will do well to win a game here. At best gonna be 6-1, 6-2
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Will2 View Post

Serena might double bagel Sloane, she's never held back against fellow Americans at slams and I don't expect this match to be any different.

Sloane won't be afraid though so I hope this is a eye opener for her, she needs to see Serena in full flight to truly learn what Greatness is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenaSlam. View Post
Serena wins 61 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddogz48 View Post
Serena in straight sets preferably a bagel in set 1 or 2 or both sets.

Sloane is due for a beatdown.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCS View Post
I won't even be pretty. Serena gonna smash Sloane.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyDuck View Post
I want after the first point Serena wins to launch a big COMON in Sloane's face. Then I wanna see some heavy bitching as she goes down 6-0 6-0 in 45 minutes
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVD View Post
The one overwhelming truth, as I see it, is that Brisbane is no slam tournament, and that Sloane will see a completely different and scary Serena across the net.
Serena will see Sloane as purely an opponent to defeat and this match will be a severe learning experience for Sloane.
Friendship off the court does not supersede competitive match-play.
Plus, the best thing Serena can do as a friend is play Sloane as if her life depended on it, because that's how she plays any other slam opponent.

I expect a straight set win for Serena here.
Sloane is a great athlete and has a very powerful, consistent, and reliable forehand.
Her net play is surprisingly good as well. She's a bit of a pusher, but that may actually buy her a few points off of Serena's serves, IMHO.
Still, I can't see to where she possesses enough weapons or a slam-level maturity to throw Serena off-balance or threaten Serena with any sort of strategy. Add to that, when Serena REALLY starts motivating herselfe with "COME ONs!!", it's unsure how Slaone will react.
I'm simply hoping that this isn't a complete blow-out and that Sloane doesn't fall into despair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_the_greek View Post
Rena in 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by RafaKimRena View Post
Sloane will be lucky to take games. Serena wins in a blowout something like 6-1 6-1
Good to know y'all knew what you were talking about.

GG ♥ Sunny ♥ Taeyeon ♥ Hyoyeon ♥ Jessica ♥ Tiffany ♥ Yuri ♥ Yoona ♥ Seohyun ♥ Sooyoung ♥ SNSD
Willam is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 03:44 AM   #84
country flag Brad[le]y.
Wingis <3

Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzar View Post
Good to know y'all knew what you were talking about.
Serena got hurt
Brad[le]y. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 03:45 AM   #85
country flag Willam

Willam has a reputation beyond repute Willam has a reputation beyond repute Willam has a reputation beyond repute Willam has a reputation beyond repute Willam has a reputation beyond repute Willam has a reputation beyond repute Willam has a reputation beyond repute Willam has a reputation beyond repute Willam has a reputation beyond repute Willam has a reputation beyond repute Willam has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad[le]y. View Post
Serena got hurt
She was moving just fine. Her groundies were off.

GG ♥ Sunny ♥ Taeyeon ♥ Hyoyeon ♥ Jessica ♥ Tiffany ♥ Yuri ♥ Yoona ♥ Seohyun ♥ Sooyoung ♥ SNSD
Willam is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread