Welcome to the Top 20 Sloane Stephens! - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 21st, 2013, 03:27 PM   #31
country flag KeysisGOAT

KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future
Re: Welcome to the Top 20 Sloane Stephens!

Why did Kirilenko withdraw?
KeysisGOAT is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 21st, 2013, 03:28 PM   #32
country flag gbenga

gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute

:roc ker:
gbenga is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 03:29 PM   #33
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Sloane! Well earned

Next goal: Top 10
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 04:08 PM   #34
country flag Jimmy Dragoon

Jimmy Dragoon is a glorious beacon of light Jimmy Dragoon is a glorious beacon of light Jimmy Dragoon is a glorious beacon of light Jimmy Dragoon is a glorious beacon of light Jimmy Dragoon is a glorious beacon of light Jimmy Dragoon is a glorious beacon of light Jimmy Dragoon is a glorious beacon of light Jimmy Dragoon is a glorious beacon of light Jimmy Dragoon is a glorious beacon of light Jimmy Dragoon is a glorious beacon of light Jimmy Dragoon is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
Nothing she's done has been impressive so far.
I would consider myself a fan of hers ( for reasons not entirely due to her play) and I agree with you. In fact, I think it would be embarassing for the WTA if a player at Sloane's current level of play is able to break into the top 10. Anyways,I have been following Sloane since U.S. Open 2011 and I believe her match against halep in the first round of this year's open was the first in which she had a positive winners to unforced errors ratio?

Madison Keys has been far more impressive, IMHO.

Last edited by Jimmy Dragoon : Jan 21st, 2013 at 04:21 PM.
Jimmy Dragoon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 04:10 PM   #35
country flag Super Dave

Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Quite the meteoric rise! Congratulations to her.
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 04:18 PM   #36
country flag mauresmofan

mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute

She's an exciting player and at only 19 can improve on various aspects of her game which is great. She also seems to be a gutsy big match performer which shows great mental fortitude and unlike a lot of players coming through has terrific natural athletic ability and is probably the fastest mover on the WTA tour at this moment.
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 04:44 PM   #37
country flag Morrissey

Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotre View Post
Her performance in the majors though is underwhelming when you think about it. With the exception of the French, she lost to the first seeded player she faced. Which will probably happen here as well, since she's up against Serena. Stephens was lucky enough to avoid facing seeded players until she could get some major points out of it.

Don't get me wrong, Stephens is a very good and consistent player. You don't get to the top 20 by being a bad player but she really hasn't had what I'd call an impressive run to date.
I disagree with the negativity from people's comments which I think is just stupid. You try going to out there and being in the top 20 tennis player on the PLANET. If it is so easy then why do so many players you probably never heard of NEVER make it to the top 20? I agree, that Sloane needs to solidify the ranking by starting to win WTA events.

However, Sloane is also only nineteen years old, people need to remember this she's NEW! Also, the comparions to Varana is ludicrous that lady is 26 years old. Big difference compared to a nineteen year old just starting to make her move in the pro ranks.

For American women's tennis this is VERY important because for a long time the USA women have NOT done well. Melanie Oudin remember her? Oudin NEVER made it to the top 20 her highest ranking was number 31.
Morrissey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 04:44 PM   #38
country flag Morrissey

Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotre View Post
Her performance in the majors though is underwhelming when you think about it. With the exception of the French, she lost to the first seeded player she faced. Which will probably happen here as well, since she's up against Serena. Stephens was lucky enough to avoid facing seeded players until she could get some major points out of it.

Don't get me wrong, Stephens is a very good and consistent player. You don't get to the top 20 by being a bad player but she really hasn't had what I'd call an impressive run to date.
I disagree with the negativity from people's comments which I think is just stupid. You try going to out there and being in the top 20 tennis player on the PLANET. If it is so easy then why do so many players you probably never heard of NEVER make it to the top 20? I agree, that Sloane needs to solidify the ranking by starting to win WTA events.

However, Sloane is also only nineteen years old, people need to remember this she's NEW! Also, the comparions to Varana is ludicrous that lady is 26 years old. Big difference compared to a nineteen year old just starting to make her move in the pro ranks.

For American women's tennis this is VERY important because for a long time the USA women have NOT done well. Melanie Oudin remember her? Oudin NEVER made it to the top 20 her highest ranking was number 31.
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 04:50 PM   #39
country flag Morrissey

Sloane Stephens is doing well the girl is only nineteen years old people need to give her time. I am pleased that Sloane is starting to do well in the grand slams reaching her first quarterfinal. But I think Sloane can do even better she just needs to keep on working on her game. The second serve is weak, and the backhand needs improvement. But overall very good that Sloane has reached the top 20.

Melanie Oudin couldn't do it she never reached the WTA top 20. Sloane is the first American teen since Venus or Serena to reach the WTA top 20 that says something about her talent she's got it.
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 07:09 PM   #40
country flag A-Bond

A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute

Wow. I mean I like her and she's a cool player, but Top 20?!?! It took several players like Safarova years to get there, and they've been far more impressive. Sloane DEFINITELY had some easy GS-Draws, but it's not only about good draws, you also have to make the best out of them, and that's what Sloane did. But Top 20... Amazing.
A-Bond is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 07:11 PM   #41
country flag MrProdigy555
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats, girl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProdigy555 View Post
Don't make me come to T&T to huff and puff and blow your hut down, girl.
Fuck y'all
MrProdigy555 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 07:12 PM   #42
country flag zigga

zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of

Congrats
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 07:25 PM   #43
country flag Ntosake

Ntosake has a reputation beyond repute Ntosake has a reputation beyond repute Ntosake has a reputation beyond repute Ntosake has a reputation beyond repute Ntosake has a reputation beyond repute Ntosake has a reputation beyond repute Ntosake has a reputation beyond repute Ntosake has a reputation beyond repute Ntosake has a reputation beyond repute Ntosake has a reputation beyond repute Ntosake has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Sloane!
Ntosake is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 07:35 PM   #44
country flag Sir Stefwhit

Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdterp01 View Post
Congrats Sloane, but getting there is only part of it. Still need to scalp a big player or win a title to be considered a threat.
Bite your tongue sweetie, plenty of time for upsets in the future... for now QF is plenty good enough!
The REAL GOAT Rafael Nadal
Future Inductees: Clijsters, C.Evert, A.Agassi, A.Berasategui, N. Zvereva, I.Majoli, M.Safin, Li Na, VIKA, and Del Potro
Sir Stefwhit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 07:45 PM   #45
country flag tenisboss

tenisboss has much to be proud of tenisboss has much to be proud of tenisboss has much to be proud of tenisboss has much to be proud of tenisboss has much to be proud of tenisboss has much to be proud of tenisboss has much to be proud of tenisboss has much to be proud of tenisboss has much to be proud of tenisboss has much to be proud of tenisboss has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergius View Post
People were whining the whole previuos year about Cibulkova, Kirilenko, Makarova and Safarova having poor Slam results, easy draws and poor stats against top 20 players, but now when it's about young American player, no one gives a shit

Congrats, Sloane, though. Well deserved!
Sloane's GS Results after AO

AO - QF
RG - 4R
WIM - 3R
US - 3R

+ Her last tournament of 2012 was US Open