[WTA SAVED!] AO R4: Stephens d. Jovanovski 61 36 75 - Page 12 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 21st, 2013, 12:54 PM   #166
country flag pancake

pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute
Re: [WTA SAVED!] AO R4: Stephens d. Jovanovski 61 36 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by lupojohn View Post
That comes down to experience and big-match situations.
I know, but Bojana has been on tour for a longer time, she faced some big stars in the past too.
pancake is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 21st, 2013, 01:03 PM   #167
country flag lupojohn
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pancake View Post
I know, but Bojana has been on tour for a longer time, she faced some big stars in the past too.
Never with a chance to win, though. That's my point. It's one thing to play them and lose badly, but it's another to get that experience with a chance to win. It's altogether different. Can you name me one match Bojana played against a ''big star'' that she had a chance to win?
lupojohn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 01:07 PM   #168
country flag lupojohn
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
1. Then why quoted MY post when you're talking something in general but not specifically to me?
2. See post #132, you quoted me FIRST, so it's normal of me to respond back, isn't it?
3. Still, it's in favor of Sloane, even not convincingly, but all but ONE stats are not in favor of her, a little something here and there adds up to make a huge difference already.
4. I was saying Bojana didn't have that many 'bigger numbers' as you once said in the thread, and am I right? What bigger numbers does she have, other than UEs and DFs?
5. Still, I didn't trash her, I simply told the other poster why his argument is flawed. And I didn't understand why you kept saying Bojana being trashed coz my posts have nothing to do with that, that's why I asked.
1. I can quote someone's post without talking to them.
2. It is, but i've responded to posters in other threads and they don't answer back.
3. Never mind.
4. See 3.
5. Again, I never said YOU were trashing her. I said people here in general were trashing her. That's where that came in.

Let me answer my own question. Larcher de Brito screams louder than ANYONE, but no one brings her up.
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 01:09 PM   #169
country flag pancake

pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Never with a chance to win, though. That's my point. It's one thing to play them and lose badly, but it's another to get that experience with a chance to win. It's altogether different. Can you name me one match Bojana played against a ''big star'' that she had a chance to win?
Well, apparently the other poster made it clear that Stephens hasn't beaten a lot of "big stars" either.
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 01:15 PM   #170
country flag pancake

Quote:
1. I can quote someone's post without talking to them.
2. It is, but i've responded to posters in other threads and they don't answer back.
3. Never mind.
4. See 3.
5. Again, I never said YOU were trashing her. I said people here in general were trashing her. That's where that came in.

Let me answer my own question. Larcher de Brito screams louder than ANYONE, but no one brings her up.
1. And when people quote me I assume they are talking to me.
2. And it's their choices, I have mine, and I chose to answer you back.
3. Good.
4. Good.
5. So I didn't trash her, I explained things clearly but your posts, the posts that you quoted me were about people trashing her, and I asked if I made myself clear because I felt like you misunderstood.
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 01:16 PM   #171
country flag lupojohn
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Quote:
Well, apparently the other poster made it clear that Stephens hasn't beaten a lot of "big stars" either.
Who's the highest ranked player she's beaten? Bojana beat Safarova, who's seeded 17th here.
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 01:17 PM   #172
country flag aguy9797

aguy9797 has much to be proud of aguy9797 has much to be proud of aguy9797 has much to be proud of aguy9797 has much to be proud of aguy9797 has much to be proud of aguy9797 has much to be proud of aguy9797 has much to be proud of aguy9797 has much to be proud of aguy9797 has much to be proud of aguy9797 has much to be proud of aguy9797 has much to be proud of

Absolute s***tfest, at the most, worth to be a final at $ 25,000 ITF in Midland.

2 years ago I put Jovanovski on my list of players I would never like to watch again. Unfortunately, it happened yesterday. The combination of that noise with pointless bashing and choking is just unbearable.

Stevens had already compared herself to Federer before this win, now, she must think she is god.

I will start watching checkers if these two are the future of the WTA tennis
Caro W
Petko

Queen Viktoria
aguy9797 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 01:21 PM   #173
country flag pancake

Quote:
Who's the highest ranked player she's beaten? Bojana beat Safarova, who's seeded 17th here.
I believe she beat Cibulkova a few weeks ago. And if both haven't beaten that many "big stars", and you talked about experience and big-match situations when it comes to knowing when to play aggressive, and considering Bojana is even a year older than Sloane, then I guess Sloane does indeed know something better than Bojana does?
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 01:31 PM   #174
country flag lupojohn
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Quote:
I believe she beat Cibulkova a few weeks ago. And if both haven't beaten that many "big stars", and you talked about experience and big-match situations when it comes to knowing when to play aggressive, and considering Bojana is even a year older than Sloane, then I guess Sloane does indeed know something better than Bojana does?
Age has nothing to do with it. It's when it happens, which, to me, means when you play those opponents. Now that Bojana will be ranked #38 and probably go higher as she picks up points, she'll get more chances to beat those players. I never said Sloane wasn't better. I'm merely defending Bojana from the haters on here, which is where you started quoting, but it's best to not go back to the original argument.
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 01:33 PM   #175
country flag lupojohn
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by aguy9797 View Post
Absolute s***tfest, at the most, worth to be a final at $ 25,000 ITF in Midland.

2 years ago I put Jovanovski on my list of players I would never like to watch again. Unfortunately, it happened yesterday. The combination of that noise with pointless bashing and choking is just unbearable.

Stevens had already compared herself to Federer before this win, now, she must think she is god.

I will start watching checkers if these two are the future of the WTA tennis
If that's your attitude, I suggest you stop watching now.
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 01:50 PM   #176
country flag Sally Todd

Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igorche View Post
This is actually her second round of 16 (or better) result at GS, and at these tournaments from seven players who she beat highest ranked was 38th on wta. When she beat some real player on GS then you tell something. Until then she will just be a girl who had luck with the draw.
You're right, I thought she'd made it to the 4th round of last year's USO when in fact it was the 3rd round.

However, Sloane has now made it to the 3rd round or better of the last 4 slams, with a 4th round showing at Roland Garros which she's likely to improve upon this year. That's a whole lot of consistent "luck," in fact I wish some of my faves, such as Lucie or even Petra, were so consistently "lucky."

The draw opened up and Sloane seized her opportunity. Watch her challenge Serena more than any player, including Kirilenko, that Serena's faced so far.
Sally Todd is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 01:52 PM   #177
country flag gbenga

gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute

Get them Sloane!!!
gbenga is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 01:54 PM   #178
MakarovaFan

MakarovaFan has a brilliant future MakarovaFan has a brilliant future MakarovaFan has a brilliant future MakarovaFan has a brilliant future MakarovaFan has a brilliant future MakarovaFan has a brilliant future MakarovaFan has a brilliant future MakarovaFan has a brilliant future MakarovaFan has a brilliant future MakarovaFan has a brilliant future MakarovaFan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
She turns 20 in two months.
Ok but is she or is she not a teenager???? Smh
New Breed: Maria,Anastasia Myskina,Nicole,Ana,Tatiana Golovin,Jelena J,Iveta Benesova,Olga Poutchkova,Camille Pin,Maria Kirilenko,Alonya Bondarenko,Meilen Tu,Sania Mirza,Rezai,Ashley H,Tataina Poutchek,Sandra Kloesel,Klara Z,Mirjana Lucic,Dominka Cibulkova,Emauelle Gagliardi,Jelena Kostanic,Iroda,Martina Sucha,Raluca Olaru,Kveta,Marta D,Bethanie,Bychkova

Lilia Osterloh,Viktoriya Kutuzova,Yurika Sema,Anastasia Pivavrova(?),Stanislava Hrozenska,Marie-Eve,Zsofia,Angelika Roesch,Sunitha Rao,Anne Keothavang,Olivia Sanchez,Angela Haynes,Alex S,Jelena Dokic,Rosana De Los Rios,Kristina Brandi,Eva Fislova,Lindsay Lee

Elena Makarova,Anna K, Capriati,Lindsay,Henrieta Nagyova,Anca Barna,Petra Mandula,Jana Kandarr,
MakarovaFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 01:59 PM   #179
country flag lupojohn
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally Todd View Post
You're right, I thought she'd made it to the 4th round of last year's USO when in fact it was the 3rd round.

However, Sloane has now made it to the 3rd round or better of the last 4 slams, with a 4th round showing at Roland Garros which she's likely to improve upon this year. That's a whole lot of consistent "luck," in fact I wish some of my faves, such as Lucie or even Petra, were so consistently "lucky."

The draw opened up and Sloane seized her opportunity. Watch her challenge Serena more than any player, including Kirilenko, that Serena's faced so far.
Petra has a Slam and 3 other SF.
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 02:09 PM   #180
country flag njnetswill

njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute

Glad ESPN uploaded her interview. I LOL'd twice. Best interviewee since Li Na.
njnetswill is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote