[WTA SAVED!] AO R4: Stephens d. Jovanovski 61 36 75 - Page 11 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Reply

Old Jan 21st, 2013, 11:36 AM   #151
country flag JN
-PREMIUM MEMBER-
 
JN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Chicity
Posts: 13,338
JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute
Re: [WTA SAVED!] AO R4: Stephens d. Jovanovski 61 36 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitten View Post
@ anyone who thinks Sloane is going to win Slams.
So you're saying there's no chance she'll improve?
__________________
chanda · venus · serena (17) · na · ana · vera

JN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old Jan 21st, 2013, 11:40 AM   #152
country flag JN
-PREMIUM MEMBER-
 
JN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Chicity
Posts: 13,338
JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute
Re: [WTA SAVED!] AO R4: Stephens d. Jovanovski 61 36 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian. View Post
I don't like Sloane's personality

Everybody seems to love her but I think she is kinda cocky

and I couldn't stand her pushing thoughout this match
If you want subservience, visit a nunnery.
__________________
chanda · venus · serena (17) · na · ana · vera

JN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 11:44 AM   #153
country flag JN
-PREMIUM MEMBER-
 
JN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Chicity
Posts: 13,338
JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute
Re: [WTA SAVED!] AO R4: Stephens d. Jovanovski 61 36 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
She turns 20 in two months.
And???
__________________
chanda · venus · serena (17) · na · ana · vera

JN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 12:01 PM   #154
country flag Igorche
Senior Member
 
Igorche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Lost Kingdom
Posts: 13,418
Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute
Re: [WTA SAVED!] AO R4: Stephens d. Jovanovski 61 36 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by pancake View Post
You say it yourself to win a match you needa be better in at least 2 sets, she didn't win so I don't know how you can say she's better. And again, if you can't keep the UEs down and hit A LOT more winners than your opponent, being aggressive is a stupid stragety for you then. She hit more UEs and fewer winners, so you can't say it worked well for you.

You mentioned about the Aga-Maria match which was another flawed argument and I wonder why you didn't mention it once I told you how wrong the comparsion is.

And it's not Stephens's fault that she's a seeded player while Bojana isn't so Stephens's draw will be easier.

And I don't talk about grunting because I don't feel like doing so. I mentioned Bojana's as a mean joke to your flawed argument. Answer this question, did I bash her for her grunt? I simply mentioned it and you go all defensive.
Yes, and Bojana was better in 2nd and 3rd set, but still did not win the match. Stephens had more winers just because just returning the ball into play and attacking only when she had the opportunity, like Aga and Caro.

I did not say that Bojana was much better but a bit better, and several winers more does not change anything.

This is the first tournament where Stephens is seeded player, last year on RG she was not seeded and did not play against top 30 players, if played against Serena, Aga or Vika in R1 or R2 she certainly would not come to R16.
__________________
I love my hater he makes me feel greater
Bojana Jovanovski/Jelena Janković/Ana Ivanović/Vesna Dolonc/Aleksandra Krunić/Jovana Jakšić/Ivana Jorović/Doroteja Erić/Katarina Jokić/Nina Stojanović/Dejana Radanović/Nikolina Jović/Natalija Kostić/Tamara Čurović/Jelena Dokić/Kristina Mladenović/Andrea Petković
Igorche is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 12:06 PM   #155
country flag lupojohn
-PREMIUM MEMBER-
 
lupojohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,764
lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future
Re: [WTA SAVED!] AO R4: Stephens d. Jovanovski 61 36 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by pancake View Post
I don't think if you don't understand my posts or what, but almost every stats, other than the bp conversion, Stephen's stats are better than Bojana's. And I am saying that if almost all your stats are worse than your opponents, you can't be the "better" player. And I already explained that if she's more aggressive and still ended up hittinh fewer winners, then apparently being aggressive doesn't work too well for her. She had only 6 more UEs than Stephens and she hit 6 DFs, if you take away the DFs they made the same amount of groundies UEs, so I don't understand what bigger numbers you are talking about.

Again, I have been very patient explaining why his argument about Bojana being the better player is flawed and I don't bash Bojana. I KNOW Stephens was passive in the match but I don't agree how anyone can say Bojana is "better". Have I made myself clear now to you?
First of all, I made myself clear I didn't want to get involved in your argument, but I guessed you missed that. Second, I made a statement regarding stats meaning something. Third, NEVER show disrespect. ''Have I made myself clear''. A lack of respect is , especially when what I quoted was uncalled for.
lupojohn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 12:10 PM   #156
country flag lupojohn
-PREMIUM MEMBER-
 
lupojohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,764
lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future
Re: [WTA SAVED!] AO R4: Stephens d. Jovanovski 61 36 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by pancake View Post
And it's not Stephens's fault that she's a seeded player while Bojana isn't so Stephens's draw will be easier.
The best player either could have faced lost in the 2nd Round. Sloane should have an easier draw than Bojana, but she had it THIS easy because Petra lost. Next.
lupojohn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 12:32 PM   #157
country flag pancake
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 8,629
pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute
Re: [WTA SAVED!] AO R4: Stephens d. Jovanovski 61 36 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by lupojohn View Post
First of all, I made myself clear I didn't want to get involved in your argument, but I guessed you missed that. Second, I made a statement regarding stats meaning something. Third, NEVER show disrespect. ''Have I made myself clear''. A lack of respect is , especially when what I quoted was uncalled for.
First,
1) You didn't want to get involved, then don't say anything. It's unfair that you want to say something and you still don't wanna get involved.
2) You told me when you'd quoted me, you didn't talk about me "specifically", that you were saying in general, then why even quoted me? I stated already a few times I do not mean to bash or say anything harsh about Bojana, and to this post I still haven't.
3) And you said stats don't always tell the story, I did NOT disagree, but when most stats are in favor of one player, it's pretty obvious which one is better, isn't it? And I said, again, a few times, that I explained clearly as to why I don't think Bojana was the better player. I base my posts on FACTS, the stats, and he bases his posts on opinions.
4) I specifically told you why I think the stats in this match do tell the story, because there are no 'bigger numbers' like you said.
5) I repeated things for so many times so that's why I asked if I made myself clear to you because I don't think you get my point. I didn't know if it's "disrespectful" to you, I was simply asking if you understand what I had tried to say the whole time. That's why I said I didn't think you understood my posts in the first sentence in that quote.

Last edited by pancake : Jan 21st, 2013 at 12:43 PM.
pancake is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 12:35 PM   #158
country flag pancake
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 8,629
pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute
Re: [WTA SAVED!] AO R4: Stephens d. Jovanovski 61 36 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by lupojohn View Post
The best player either could have faced lost in the 2nd Round. Sloane should have an easier draw than Bojana, but she had it THIS easy because Petra lost. Next.
Did I ever say her draw is not THIS easy? I said Stephens is a seeded player so in theory she will have an easier draw, what's wrong with my point? And it's still not her fault that she has a draw that easy right? So in my post, my two points both still stand correct, right? Exactly what's next?
pancake is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 12:36 PM   #159
country flag Belmont Lad
Senior Member
 
Belmont Lad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 5,039
Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute
Re: [WTA SAVED!] AO R4: Stephens d. Jovanovski 61 36 75

I heap praise upon the Sloane Ranger for ending our torture at the hands of the screeching harpy.
__________________
Maria Sharapova Agnieszka Radwańska
Eugenie Bouchard Belinda Bencic
Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova
Belmont Lad is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 12:41 PM   #160
country flag pancake
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 8,629
pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute
Re: [WTA SAVED!] AO R4: Stephens d. Jovanovski 61 36 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igorche View Post
Yes, and Bojana was better in 2nd and 3rd set, but still did not win the match. Stephens had more winers just because just returning the ball into play and attacking only when she had the opportunity, like Aga and Caro.

I did not say that Bojana was much better but a bit better, and several winers more does not change anything.

This is the first tournament where Stephens is seeded player, last year on RG she was not seeded and did not play against top 30 players, if played against Serena, Aga or Vika in R1 or R2 she certainly would not come to R16.
So basically Stephens knew when to attack in the right moments, and that alone should make her the better player in the match already. Being aggressive is one thing, knowing how to be aggressive is another.

Plus if we go by your logic, then Bojana is not a real player, is she a real tennis player or is she not?

And you are making assumptions, it's not like she can choose whoever she wants to play, and she beats whoever she should beat, so she does her job pretty well does she?
pancake is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 12:43 PM   #161
country flag lupojohn
-PREMIUM MEMBER-
 
lupojohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,764
lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future
Re: [WTA SAVED!] AO R4: Stephens d. Jovanovski 61 36 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by pancake View Post
First,
1) You didn't want to get involved, then don't say anything. It's unfair that you want to say something and you still don't wanna get involved.
2) You told me when you'd quoted me, you didn't talk about me "specifically", that you were saying in general, then why even quoted me? I stated already a few times I do not mean to bash or say anything harsh about Bojana, and to this post I still haven't.
3) And you said stats don't always tell the story, I did NOT disagree, but when most stats are in favor of one player, it's pretty obvious which one is better, isn't it? And I said, again, a few times, that I explained clearly as to why I don't think Bojana was the better player. I base my posts on FACTS, the stats, and he bases his posts on opinions.
4) I specifically told you why I think the stats in this match do tell the story, because there are no 'bigger numbers' like you said.
5) I repeated things for so many times so that's why I asked if I made myself clear to you because I don't think you get my point. I didn't know if it's "disrespectful" to you, I was simply asking if you understand what I had tried to say the whole time.
1. I can say something without getting involved in your argument with Igorche. Not every post here has to do with you or him.
2. I didn't start quoting you until you responded back.
3. The stats were in favor of Sloane, but not convincingly.
4. See 3.
5. It is disrespectful. Remember that. Beyond that, the overall frustration is(as I said)the way Bojana's been trashed on here, which is when you got involved.
lupojohn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 12:44 PM   #162
country flag Raiden
Senior Member
 
Raiden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 5,990
Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute
Re: [WTA SAVED!] AO R4: Stephens d. Jovanovski 61 36 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igorche View Post
Yes, yes, tell us the stories. First you say that I insult other players and then you mention how Bojana grunting. She is not louder then Vika, Serena and Maria, but you do not have balls to talk about their grunting because their fans would torn apart you.
Raiden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 12:45 PM   #163
country flag lupojohn
-PREMIUM MEMBER-
 
lupojohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,764
lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future
Re: [WTA SAVED!] AO R4: Stephens d. Jovanovski 61 36 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by pancake View Post
So basically Stephens knew when to attack in the right moments, and that alone should make her the better player in the match already. Being aggressive is one thing, knowing how to be aggressive is another.
That comes down to experience and big-match situations.
lupojohn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 12:47 PM   #164
country flag lupojohn
-PREMIUM MEMBER-
 
lupojohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,764
lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future
Re: [WTA SAVED!] AO R4: Stephens d. Jovanovski 61 36 75

Honestly, there's a player that's louder than anyone mentioned, but no one ever brings her up. Take a guess who that player might be.
lupojohn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 12:51 PM   #165
country flag pancake
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 8,629
pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute
Re: [WTA SAVED!] AO R4: Stephens d. Jovanovski 61 36 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by lupojohn View Post
1. I can say something without getting involved in your argument with Igorche. Not every post here has to do with you or him.
2. I didn't start quoting you until you responded back.
3. The stats were in favor of Sloane, but not convincingly.
4. See 3.
5. It is disrespectful. Remember that. Beyond that, the overall frustration is(as I said)the way Bojana's been trashed on here, which is when you got involved.
1. Then why quoted MY post when you're talking something in general but not specifically to me?
2. See post #132, you quoted me FIRST, so it's normal of me to respond back, isn't it?
3. Still, it's in favor of Sloane, even not convincingly, but all but ONE stats are not in favor of her, a little something here and there adds up to make a huge difference already.
4. I was saying Bojana didn't have that many 'bigger numbers' as you once said in the thread, and am I right? What bigger numbers does she have, other than UEs and DFs?
5. Still, I didn't trash her, I simply told the other poster why his argument is flawed. And I didn't understand why you kept saying Bojana being trashed coz my posts have nothing to do with that, that's why I asked.
pancake is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios