[WTA SAVED!] AO R4: Stephens d. Jovanovski 61 36 75 - Page 10 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Reply

Old Jan 21st, 2013, 10:08 AM   #136
country flag Igorche
Senior Member
 
Igorche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Lost Kingdom
Posts: 14,244
Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute
Re: [WTA SAVED!] AO R4: Stephens d. Jovanovski 61 36 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by pancake View Post
Because unlike Caro and Aga, and geez they actually have different playing styles, Stephens is able and does hit more winners than her opponents. If by being aggressive you mean grunting louder, yes, Bojana was really, really aggressive.

And you just don't get it. First you think Bojana is the better player even though other than her bp conversion all of her stats were worse than Stephens's; second, you compare the match to the one Aga beating Maria while Aga hit like 20 fewers winners than Sharapova, hit like only 5 winners and 5 UEs. In this match Stephens hit tons of UEs, MORE winners. I can say that your tennis knowledge is not real then, and it's probably not very insulting either.
First you say that I insult other players and then you mention how Bojana grunting. She is not louder then Vika, Serena and Maria, but you do not have balls to talk about their grunting because their fans would torn apart you.
__________________
I love my hater he makes me feel greater
Bojana Jovanovski/Jelena Janković/Ana Ivanović/Vesna Dolonc/Aleksandra Krunić/Jovana Jakšić/Ivana Jorović/Doroteja Erić/Katarina Jokić/Nina Stojanović/Dejana Radanović/Nikolina Jović/Natalija Kostić/Tamara Čurović/Jelena Dokić/Kristina Mladenović/Andrea Petković

Last edited by miffedmax : Jan 21st, 2013 at 03:18 PM. Reason: insult
Igorche is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old Jan 21st, 2013, 10:12 AM   #137
country flag Igorche
Senior Member
 
Igorche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Lost Kingdom
Posts: 14,244
Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute
Re: [WTA SAVED!] AO R4: Stephens d. Jovanovski 61 36 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by pancake View Post
Well, I agreed that Sloane was passive in the 2nd set and most of the 3rd set, I never said she wasn't. But to say someone is better because she's more aggressive is ridiculous. Esp considering that even she was more aggressive but still ended up hitting 6 fewer winners, that tells you sth about her NOT being better.
And hitting 6 winners more means that she was better. It is 6 winners more not 16.
__________________
I love my hater he makes me feel greater
Bojana Jovanovski/Jelena Janković/Ana Ivanović/Vesna Dolonc/Aleksandra Krunić/Jovana Jakšić/Ivana Jorović/Doroteja Erić/Katarina Jokić/Nina Stojanović/Dejana Radanović/Nikolina Jović/Natalija Kostić/Tamara Čurović/Jelena Dokić/Kristina Mladenović/Andrea Petković
Igorche is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 10:13 AM   #138
country flag pancake
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 9,058
pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute
Re: [WTA SAVED!] AO R4: Stephens d. Jovanovski 61 36 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igorche View Post
Yes, yes, tell us the stories. First you say that I insult other players and then you mention how Bojana grunting. She is not louder then Vika, Serena and Maria, but you do not have balls to talk about their grunting because their fans would torn apart you.


And first, you implied the players Stephens beat aren't real. I am sorry if that doesn't sound insulting enough already.
Second, I just said she grunts loud, which she does. Did I ever say it's a bad thing or imply so? And why should I talk about others' grunting in this thread?

Last edited by miffedmax : Jan 21st, 2013 at 03:18 PM. Reason: insult
pancake is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 10:14 AM   #139
country flag pancake
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 9,058
pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute
Re: [WTA SAVED!] AO R4: Stephens d. Jovanovski 61 36 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igorche View Post
And hitting 6 winners more means that she was better. It is 6 winners more not 16.
But hitting fewer winners and having worse stats are?
pancake is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 10:17 AM   #140
country flag Joe.
Senior Member
 
Joe.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 5,785
Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: [WTA SAVED!] AO R4: Stephens d. Jovanovski 61 36 75

Devastating for Bojana

Great tournament for Sloane though
__________________
Maria Sharapova.
Laura Robson ~ Belinda Bencic ~ Heather Watson ~ Camila Giorgi
Joe. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 10:25 AM   #141
country flag lupojohn
-PREMIUM MEMBER-
 
lupojohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,855
lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future
Re: [WTA SAVED!] AO R4: Stephens d. Jovanovski 61 36 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by pancake View Post
Well, I agreed that Sloane was passive in the 2nd set and most of the 3rd set, I never said she wasn't. But to say someone is better because she's more aggressive is ridiculous. Esp considering that even she was more aggressive but still ended up hitting 6 fewer winners, that tells you sth about her NOT being better.
I'm not trying to get into your argument with Igorche. I'm just saying that Bojana's getting trashed for grunting when Vika and Maria get off and that people think because Bojana did poorly in the 3rd set, she doesn't have ability.
lupojohn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 10:29 AM   #142
country flag pancake
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 9,058
pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute
Re: [WTA SAVED!] AO R4: Stephens d. Jovanovski 61 36 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by lupojohn View Post
I'm not trying to get into your argument with Igorche. I'm just saying that Bojana's getting trashed for grunting when Vika and Maria get off and that people think because Bojana did poorly in the 3rd set, she doesn't have ability.
I didn't even trash her, or complained about her grunting. I am simply saying that it's a flawed argument to say Bojana was the better player in the match because she's more "aggressive", despite having a worse stats.
pancake is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 10:45 AM   #143
country flag Igorche
Senior Member
 
Igorche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Lost Kingdom
Posts: 14,244
Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute
Re: [WTA SAVED!] AO R4: Stephens d. Jovanovski 61 36 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by pancake View Post
How convenient of you to not bring up the Aga-Maria match again. Why? I shut you up or what?

And first, you implied the players Stephens beat aren't real. I am sorry if that doesn't sound insulting enough already.
Second, I just said she grunts loud, which she does. Did I ever say it's a bad thing or imply so? And why should I talk about others' grunting in this thread?
Stephens was better in first set (much better) and that made ​​a difference, but in the next two Bojana was dictating and was more aggressive, everything depended on her. She was better in 2nd and 3rd set, and to win needs to be better in two sets

I do not understand what you want to say with this Aga-Maria match and shting up, are you use something or what?

And about players who Stephens beat at tournaments where she came to R16, someone said Bojana never reach that stage competitions and I said that Stephens was lucky and did not play against players from the top 30 while Bojana at nearly every tournament played against Serena or Aga or Vika or Zvonareva or Petkovic (all of the top 15) in 1st or 2nd round.

And about other players grunting no need to talk in this thread about them, you need to talk in other threads, but of course you do not.
__________________
I love my hater he makes me feel greater
Bojana Jovanovski/Jelena Janković/Ana Ivanović/Vesna Dolonc/Aleksandra Krunić/Jovana Jakšić/Ivana Jorović/Doroteja Erić/Katarina Jokić/Nina Stojanović/Dejana Radanović/Nikolina Jović/Natalija Kostić/Tamara Čurović/Jelena Dokić/Kristina Mladenović/Andrea Petković
Igorche is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 10:55 AM   #144
country flag lupojohn
-PREMIUM MEMBER-
 
lupojohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,855
lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future
Re: [WTA SAVED!] AO R4: Stephens d. Jovanovski 61 36 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by pancake View Post
I didn't even trash her, or complained about her grunting. I am simply saying that it's a flawed argument to say Bojana was the better player in the match because she's more "aggressive", despite having a worse stats.
I'm not talking about you specifically. I'm just saying that in general. And sometimes stats don't tell the story. The more aggressive player usually has bigger numbers.
lupojohn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 10:58 AM   #145
country flag Rest Maria!
Senior Member
 
Rest Maria!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,356
Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute
Re: [WTA SAVED!] AO R4: Stephens d. Jovanovski 61 36 75

The better player is ALWAYS the one winning two sets, even if the scoreline is 76(20) 06 10-8
Rest Maria! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 11:07 AM   #146
country flag Angelpova
Naoned e Breizh
 
Angelpova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Nantes
Posts: 796
Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of
Re: [WTA SAVED!] AO R4: Stephens d. Jovanovski 61 36 75

WTA SAVED, really ?

Stephens: 20 winners / 43 UE
Jovanovski: 14 W / 49 UE

Angelpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 11:21 AM   #147
country flag AndreConrad
Senior Member
 
AndreConrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Close to US Open :)
Posts: 4,509
AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute
Re: [WTA SAVED!] AO R4: Stephens d. Jovanovski 61 36 75

Congrats Sloane
Great slam for both players, well done . Not a fan of either, but kudos are well deserved.
Lastly, what is up with saving WTA? The term is used for so many years. It is so tired that it is not funny. The only thing any sports organization needs saving from are fans bashing and insulting players.
__________________
The best of luck to all tennis players; The game is on!
-Andre
P.S.Well,... special luck to Agnieszka Radwanska, Marta Domachowska, Daniela Hantuchova, Urszula Radwanska
Bally, Rest In Peace!
AndreConrad is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 11:24 AM   #148
country flag pancake
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 9,058
pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute
Re: [WTA SAVED!] AO R4: Stephens d. Jovanovski 61 36 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by lupojohn View Post
I'm not talking about you specifically. I'm just saying that in general. And sometimes stats don't tell the story. The more aggressive player usually has bigger numbers.
I don't think if you don't understand my posts or what, but almost every stats, other than the bp conversion, Stephen's stats are better than Bojana's. And I am saying that if almost all your stats are worse than your opponents, you can't be the "better" player. And I already explained that if she's more aggressive and still ended up hittinh fewer winners, then apparently being aggressive doesn't work too well for her. She had only 6 more UEs than Stephens and she hit 6 DFs, if you take away the DFs they made the same amount of groundies UEs, so I don't understand what bigger numbers you are talking about.

Again, I have been very patient explaining why his argument about Bojana being the better player is flawed and I don't bash Bojana. I KNOW Stephens was passive in the match but I don't agree how anyone can say Bojana is "better". Have I made myself clear now to you?
pancake is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 11:26 AM   #149
country flag JN
-PREMIUM MEMBER-
 
JN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Chicity
Posts: 14,308
JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute
Re: [WTA SAVED!] AO R4: Stephens d. Jovanovski 61 36 75

Do it, Sloane!!!

__________________
chanda · venus (7) · serena (17) · na · ana · vera


JN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 11:33 AM   #150
country flag pancake
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 9,058
pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute
Re: [WTA SAVED!] AO R4: Stephens d. Jovanovski 61 36 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igorche View Post
Stephens was better in first set (much better) and that made ​​a difference, but in the next two Bojana was dictating and was more aggressive, everything depended on her. She was better in 2nd and 3rd set, and to win needs to be better in two sets

I do not understand what you want to say with this Aga-Maria match and shting up, are you use something or what?

And about players who Stephens beat at tournaments where she came to R16, someone said Bojana never reach that stage competitions and I said that Stephens was lucky and did not play against players from the top 30 while Bojana at nearly every tournament played against Serena or Aga or Vika or Zvonareva or Petkovic (all of the top 15) in 1st or 2nd round.

And about other players grunting no need to talk in this thread about them, you need to talk in other threads, but of course you do not.
You say it yourself to win a match you needa be better in at least 2 sets, she didn't win so I don't know how you can say she's better. And again, if you can't keep the UEs down and hit A LOT more winners than your opponent, being aggressive is a stupid stragety for you then. She hit more UEs and fewer winners, so you can't say it worked well for you.

You mentioned about the Aga-Maria match which was another flawed argument and I wonder why you didn't mention it once I told you how wrong the comparsion is.

And it's not Stephens's fault that she's a seeded player while Bojana isn't so Stephens's draw will be easier.

And I don't talk about grunting because I don't feel like doing so. I mentioned Bojana's as a mean joke to your flawed argument. Answer this question, did I bash her for her grunt? I simply mentioned it and you go all defensive.
pancake is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios