AO R4: Svetlana Kuznetsova def. [10] Caroline Wozniacki 6-2 2-6 7-5 - Page 10 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 21st, 2013, 02:10 AM   #136
country flag netphobia

netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold
Re: AO R4: Svetlana Kuznetsova def. [10] Caroline Wozniacki 6-2 2-6 7-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolás89 View Post
You???!
You're right, Caro fistpumping on UE and throwing her racquet around
petra

maria
domi • sveta • sam • katia • lena • alla • petko
netphobia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 21st, 2013, 02:11 AM   #137
country flag hablo

hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute

Sveta: thanks for sending Caro packing!

GO all Canuck players GO
hablo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 02:12 AM   #138
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balltossovic View Post
SO happy to see her back. Was she on anyone's radar?
I think most people did expect her or Pavlyuchenkova to make the quarterfinal after she had that amazing run through the Q in Sydney all the way to the top quality match against Kerber. Also shows the difference between a competitor like Kuznetsova, a two-time slam champion, who didn´t think it was beneath her to play quali and Lisicki, who simply pulled out with a sneeze.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 02:14 AM   #139
country flag Potato

Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick345 View Post
I think most people did expect her or Pavlyuchenkova to make the quarterfinal after she had that amazing run through the Q in Sydney all the way to the top quality match against Kerber. Also shows the difference between a competitor like Kuznetsova, a two-time slam champion, who didn´t think it was beneath her to play quali and Lisicki, who simply pulled out with a sneeze.
Yes, I totally agree. Keep on going Sveta!!! No doubt you will break top 10 in this form.
Potato is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 02:15 AM   #140
country flag hankqq

hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute

Svetlana I had a feeling she just needed some time to shake off the rust, and that her results at the start of the year weren't indicative of how the rest of her season would go. She landed in 1 of the 2 better quarters of the draw (the other being Kvitova's), and took advantage of it. Awesome to see her back in a slam QF

Of course the match was up and down, but almost all the matches between Kuznetsova and Wozniacki are Kuznetsova's backhand held up for the most part in rallies which I think was the key, while Wozniacki made more errors than we're used to seeing from her.
hankqq is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 02:16 AM   #141
country flag PMBH

PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future

Disappointed for Caro. After a dreadful first set the match was hers for the taking. But she still lacks the last 10% confidence that she had a couple of years ago. Overall a good tournament for Caro, however, and a big step in the right direction after the usual feeble start to the year.

Sveta played very well and has a good chance of knocking out Vika in the next round.
PMBH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 02:22 AM   #142
country flag n1_and_uh_noone

n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick345 View Post
you just need to take a dump on her any chance you get, don't you?
n1_and_uh_noone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 02:23 AM   #143
country flag Flavia P.

Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of

Good to see the better, more talented and overall more daring player win
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 02:26 AM   #144
country flag pastadudde

pastadudde is a name known to all pastadudde is a name known to all pastadudde is a name known to all pastadudde is a name known to all pastadudde is a name known to all pastadudde is a name known to all pastadudde is a name known to all pastadudde is a name known to all pastadudde is a name known to all pastadudde is a name known to all pastadudde is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by netphobia View Post
You're right, Caro fistpumping on UE and throwing her racquet around
pastadudde is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 02:26 AM   #145
country flag Igorche

Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute

Bojana Jovanovski/Jelena Janković/Ana Ivanović/Vesna Dolonc/Aleksandra Krunić/Jovana Jakšić/Ivana Jorović/Doroteja Erić/Katarina Jokić/Nina Stojanović/Dejana Radanović/Nikolina Jović/Natalija Kostić/Tamara Čurović/Jelena Dokić/Kristina Mladenović/Andrea Petković
Igorche is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 02:32 AM   #146
country flag Sund7101

Sund7101 has a brilliant future Sund7101 has a brilliant future Sund7101 has a brilliant future Sund7101 has a brilliant future Sund7101 has a brilliant future Sund7101 has a brilliant future Sund7101 has a brilliant future Sund7101 has a brilliant future Sund7101 has a brilliant future Sund7101 has a brilliant future Sund7101 has a brilliant future

Yes Kuzzy! Way to pull it out.

Pierce Seles Hingis Capriati Bartoli Davenport Kournikova Sugiyama Majoli Frazier
Sund7101 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 02:40 AM   #147
country flag KoOlMaNsEaN
Team WTAworld

KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute

Good Job by Kuzzy. I kept flashing back to their 2009 US Open match when Sveta was very impatient.
This match was very different, she used more tactics(went to net, brought Caro to net).

Ana Ivanovic, Serena Williams, Eugenie Bouchard

KoOlMaNsEaN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 02:47 AM   #148
country flag RenaSlam.

RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute

Better player won.
__W00.01.05.07.08__USO00.01__

Step.
RenaSlam. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 02:48 AM   #149
debby

debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute

So happy for Sveta

I would not mind her winning the AO at all. But she won't of course I will root for her at RG where she can do well if she keeps playing like that.

Caro, but she is slowly getting back to her old level which is great !
debby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 02:56 AM   #150
country flag Alarmed

Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future

YES!!!! So happy Svetlana pulled this out. *4-5, 15-30 down it really looked like it was going to be anti-climatic. That forehand at *4-5, 30-30 Great to see her back playing good tennis.

Bai Wozniacki. No GS QF in over a year for you.

Oldest #1 in WTA history
Alarmed is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote