Going East for Success (February Thread) - Page 17 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 18th, 2013, 05:11 PM   #241
country flag azdaja

azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Going East for Success (February Thread)

why does ana gets so tense in big moments. she was doing everything right, she was in cruise control and then she chokes against who is from today her pigeon

i hope the shoulder problem is not too serious.
azdaja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 18th, 2013, 05:14 PM   #242
Gentleman

Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute

She had problem to finish the match because of shoulder problem, it was obvious during her serve. I hope she gets well by wednesday.
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 05:15 PM   #243
country flag Linguae^

Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future

It's actually never easy to get a new punchy, so this is a fine achievement. If she's healthy, she can do well in Dubai. We'll see.
Linguae^ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 05:15 PM   #244
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

Thank GOD she avoided the choke.. but Ana is having a lot of trouble serving for sets and matches this year.. in almost all she had a moment she got broken while serving for a set.

Shoulder was hurting..

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 05:18 PM   #245
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry. View Post
She's the new Clijsters for Ana
And who isn't?
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Cajka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 05:22 PM   #246
InsideOut.

InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute

At least she got a new punchbag and it's always a positive that she at least won despite the choke.

Hope her shoulder gets better. Maybe it just felt a bit sore.
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 05:33 PM   #247
country flag Vasa

Vasa is a name known to all Vasa is a name known to all Vasa is a name known to all Vasa is a name known to all Vasa is a name known to all Vasa is a name known to all Vasa is a name known to all Vasa is a name known to all Vasa is a name known to all Vasa is a name known to all Vasa is a name known to all

Ana needs a break to "repair" herself and get fit, she can't play with injured shoulder, it explains what happened in the second set. Last time she played with an injury she ate a double bagel I'm scared
Vasa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 05:37 PM   #248
country flag currie84

currie84 has a brilliant future currie84 has a brilliant future currie84 has a brilliant future currie84 has a brilliant future currie84 has a brilliant future currie84 has a brilliant future currie84 has a brilliant future currie84 has a brilliant future currie84 has a brilliant future currie84 has a brilliant future currie84 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasa View Post
Ana needs a break to "repair" herself and get fit, she can't play with injured shoulder, it was obvious in this match. Last time she played with an injury she ate a double bagel I'm scared
if she takes a break to fix the shoulder,she could be out for a year!The only way to fix it is surgery,i'm afraid she'll have to learn to live with the sore shoulder.Her ball toss doesnt make things easier for her.
currie84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 05:41 PM   #249
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by currie84 View Post
if she takes a break to fix the shoulder,she could be out for a year!The only way to fix it is surgery,i'm afraid she'll have to learn to live with the sore shoulder.Her ball toss doesnt make things easier for her.
Agreed. And she won't fix the toss. The more she's working on her serve, the worse that toss is getting. She worked on her serve the most during the off season, her toss only got worse and now she's injured.
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 08:22 PM   #250
country flag gloria7

gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all

You're both right - Vasa and currie84...She can't play with shoulder injury and if she takes a break to heal that injury - she might be out for a year.

The problem is - shoulder injury is her "Achilles heel"...First tournament she was forced to withdraw due to a shoulder injury was Cremlin Cup in Moscow in 2005...8 years ago...Then she withdrew from Zurich in 2006 due to a same injury...She said that shoulder injury was one of the reasons why she lost to Azarenka in RG'09...Ana withdrew from Dubai in '10(shoulder injury)...She had same problems in april'10...Wimbledon'10...She felt shoulder pain in Bali '10 and '11...And now Pattaya, FC and Dubai '13...

Maybe someone who plays tennis here can tell us more about this injury ...I've read some articles and if it's rotator cuff again, then usually doctors are recomending 3 months long break (if player wants to skip surgery)...ice + physical therapy + anti-infllammatory pills + long break....In best case her shoulder may recover over 4-6 weeks once the injury calms down and muscle starts to function again...She can forget about weightlifting untill injury isn't healed completely...

She said she wont repeat mistakes from the past,that she wont play injured and yet she's been doing that all the time...Problem with her shoulder constantly re-occur, every year she has to withdraw from at least one tournament...the key to healing is rest...and she keep on playing injured...it's a vicious circle.
gloria7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2013, 12:47 AM   #251
Harry.

Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute

Sob, so from all accounts she played really badly + has an injured shoulder? Didn't watch because I have an exam on Wednesday and I'm busy having panic attacks over that instead of Ana Don't embarrass yourself against Kvitty gurl.
Harry. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2013, 01:45 AM   #252
country flag Curtos07

Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry. View Post
Sob, so from all accounts she played really badly + has an injured shoulder? Didn't watch because I have an exam on Wednesday and I'm busy having panic attacks over that instead of Ana Don't embarrass yourself against Kvitty gurl.
She had a 4-0 lead in the second set and nearly blew it. Can't comment on the rest of the match because that is all I saw (4-0 on). I am a jinx.
Old Feb 19th, 2013, 01:49 AM   #253
country flag WonderFan

WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloria7 View Post
You're both right - Vasa and currie84...She can't play with shoulder injury and if she takes a break to heal that injury - she might be out for a year.

The problem is - shoulder injury is her "Achilles heel"...First tournament she was forced to withdraw due to a shoulder injury was Cremlin Cup in Moscow in 2005...8 years ago...Then she withdrew from Zurich in 2006 due to a same injury...She said that shoulder injury was one of the reasons why she lost to Azarenka in RG'09...Ana withdrew from Dubai in '10(shoulder injury)...She had same problems in april'10...Wimbledon'10...She felt shoulder pain in Bali '10 and '11...And now Pattaya, FC and Dubai '13...

Maybe someone who plays tennis here can tell us more about this injury ...I've read some articles and if it's rotator cuff again, then usually doctors are recomending 3 months long break (if player wants to skip surgery)...ice + physical therapy + anti-infllammatory pills + long break....In best case her shoulder may recover over 4-6 weeks once the injury calms down and muscle starts to function again...She can forget about weightlifting untill injury isn't healed completely...

She said she wont repeat mistakes from the past,that she wont play injured and yet she's been doing that all the time...Problem with her shoulder constantly re-occur, every year she has to withdraw from at least one tournament...the key to healing is rest...and she keep on playing injured...it's a vicious circle.
Sharapova's surgery was to repair a rotator cuff tear. It was quite fast after the surgery, but it was a B plan after weeks of only treatment. She described that in her doodles.
WonderFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2013, 01:52 AM   #254
country flag Cajka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtos07 View Post
She had a 4-0 lead in the second set and nearly blew it. Can't comment on the rest of the match because that is all I saw (4-0 on). I am a jinx.
Stop watching her matches for few months, we'll see if that works. We're desperate, so you could try.
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Old Feb 19th, 2013, 01:57 AM   #255
country flag Curtos07

Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
Stop watching her matches for few months, we'll see if that works. We're desperate, so you could try.
I'm actually considering missing the rest of Dubai just to test this theory.