2013 Mid-East & US Spring - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 20th, 2013, 09:14 AM   #1
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute
2013 Mid-East & US Spring

Germany vs. France, Fed Cup - Limoges, France
9 February - 10 February
Clay | Fed Cup | $0

withdrew with back injury

QATAR TOTAL OPEN - Doha, Qatar
11 February - 17 February
Hard Court | Premier 5 | $2,369,000

R1 - Angelique Kerber vs. BYE
R2 - Mona Barthel def. Angelique Kerber 6-1 6-2

1 point - $12,480

Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships - Dubai, UAE
18 February - 23 February
Hard Court | Premier | $2,000,000

R2 - Roberta Vinci def. Angelique Kerber 7-5 6-1

1 point - $18,382 Singles - $4,660 Doubles

BNP Paribas Open - Indian Wells, USA
6 March - 17 March
Hard Court | Premier Mandatory | $5,185,625

R2 - Angelique Kerber def. Irina-Camelia Begu 6-3 6-2
R3 - Angelique Kerber def. Yanina Wickmayer 6-1 7-6
R4 - Angelique Kerber def. Garbine Muguruza 6-4 7-5
QF - Angelique Kerber def. Samantha Stosur W/O

SF - Caroline Wozniacki def. Angelique Kerber 2-6 6-4 7-5

450 points - $225,000 Singles - $4,551 Doubles

Sony Open - Miami, USA
19 March - 31 March
Hard Court | Premier Mandatory | $5,185,625

R2 - Angelique Kerber def. Francesca Schiavone 6-7 6-3 6-2

R3 - Sorana Cirstea def. Angelique Kerber 6-4 6-0

80 points - $25,450

Last edited by KatjaS : Jun 28th, 2013 at 03:14 PM.
KatjaS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 20th, 2013, 10:27 AM   #2
country flag Chaosm21

Chaosm21 has much to be proud of Chaosm21 has much to be proud of Chaosm21 has much to be proud of Chaosm21 has much to be proud of Chaosm21 has much to be proud of Chaosm21 has much to be proud of Chaosm21 has much to be proud of Chaosm21 has much to be proud of Chaosm21 has much to be proud of Chaosm21 has much to be proud of Chaosm21 has much to be proud of
Re: Angie's Mid-East / USA Spring '13

Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships gehört für mich zu den dämlichsten Turniernamen überhaupt

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomplayer89 View Post
She's been a top 10 player for 2 years now. We're way past the "beginning". She's never going to be inside the top 5. Getting to #5 was as close as she'll ever get.
Chaosm21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 12:30 PM   #3
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute

Sie bleibt vorerst auf der #5, außer wenn Li Na Radwanska schlägt.
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 10:46 PM   #4
country flag Yoncé
On His Mouth Like Liquor

Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute

I hope the back is better
Old Jan 29th, 2013, 10:39 PM   #5
country flag Gary101

Gary101 is a name known to all Gary101 is a name known to all Gary101 is a name known to all Gary101 is a name known to all Gary101 is a name known to all Gary101 is a name known to all Gary101 is a name known to all Gary101 is a name known to all Gary101 is a name known to all Gary101 is a name known to all Gary101 is a name known to all

I think she should skip the Fed Cup and let Mona take her place. Doha/Dubai are her last tournaments where she can add plenty of points before she has to start defending last year's points which is going to be a tough feat.

I knew something was off with her form in Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne. It didn't seem like she had a break during the offseason with her movement and sluggish shots but now we know it was an injury.
Gary101 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2013, 10:46 PM   #6
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute

Mona refused to be on the team.
Kerber on the other hand didn't sign up for Paris even before she had the injury just to play Fed Cup. I think she will play if it is somehow possible.
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!
crazillo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 12:09 PM   #7
country flag Schnffy

Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of

angie on her facebook site:

I sadly have to announce that I will not be able to participate in the Fed Cup round against France! I have tried everything to make it possible but unfortunately because of my back I am not fit to a hundred percent! I am sure that the girls will do well against France! I keep my fingers crossed, my thoughts are with my team! Now I will be focused on coming back as soon as possible!

Angie
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 01:02 PM   #8
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute

Sad to see. I think France is the favourite now.
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 03:11 PM   #9
country flag Bodensee

Bodensee has much to be proud of Bodensee has much to be proud of Bodensee has much to be proud of Bodensee has much to be proud of Bodensee has much to be proud of Bodensee has much to be proud of Bodensee has much to be proud of Bodensee has much to be proud of Bodensee has much to be proud of Bodensee has much to be proud of Bodensee has much to be proud of

Hopefully she can play in Dubai.
Bodensee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 06:46 PM   #10
country flag Johnbert

Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of

get well soon angie. for the fed cup team it'S really horrible that she'll be absent
Johnbert is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2013, 11:40 AM   #11
country flag Setsuna.
KaWOW! Leonard.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute

How bad is her injury? She shouldn't play Doha if she still feeling the pain in her back. The injury might get worse.

Chakvetadze Barthel Kerber Bencic Pavlyuchenkova Halep Muguruza Lottner
Setsuna. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2013, 12:10 PM   #12
country flag KatjaS

She can earn $200,000 just for appearing at 4 of the P5 events. If it's possible she'll play Doha, even if it's just for 1 match.
Old Feb 4th, 2013, 02:53 PM   #13
country flag crazillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatjaS View Post
She can earn $200,000 just for appearing at 4 of the P5 events. If it's possible she'll play Doha, even if it's just for 1 match.
What a rule...

Old Feb 4th, 2013, 03:51 PM   #14
country flag KatjaS

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazillo View Post
What a rule...
Well, the WTA is guaranteeing a certain amount of Top 10 players to those tournaments, that's how they get them there. Angie gets $200,000 for playing all PM, $200,000 for playing 4 P5, $50,000 for playing the 5th P5 and $50,000 for playing 2 P700s. Azarenka gets twice that.
Old Feb 4th, 2013, 04:33 PM   #15
country flag crazillo

That's good, but I wonder if they get additional fees directly by the tournaments... That would be over the top IMO.