Has the WTA fandom affected personal relationships? - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 1st, 2013, 10:59 AM   #46
country flag Maria rocks

Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of
Re: Anyone else drive their family mad with their tennis watching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zvonaraver View Post
Same here

I felt so misunderstood. Now I live on my own so I can do what I want without having anyone on my back.
Ha ha lucky you. I dream of being able to afford my own place to watch all the tennis i want without anyone huffing at me.
Maria rocks is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 1st, 2013, 11:21 AM   #47
country flag August

August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria rocks View Post
Ah yeh but what they don't get is that its not just a match!! I remember US Open final 2006, was on early hours of the morning my time and when Maria won it i shouted so loud i woke my whole family up ha ha ha i wasan't very popular the next day but i didn't care at all!!
Also my dad thinks im weird cos instead of having a summer holiday i take two weeks off work for Wimbledon, but i love it and would much rather go to Wimbledon than sit on a beach for two weeks!!!
Spending a holiday on beach is overappreciated. You can waste much less time by going to solarium and for the rest of the time you can watch tennis.
August is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 11:27 AM   #48
country flag Maria rocks

Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Spending a holiday on beach is overappreciated. You can waste much less time by going to solarium and for the rest of the time you can watch tennis.
Spending a holiday on a beach to me is boring. Can't bring you the thrills and magic that Wimbledon does thats for sure!!
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 12:01 PM   #49
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrinbaker00 View Post
During the Australian Open, I had one match on the TV and another one on the laptop. Drove the wife nuts.
That's nothing - during the Olympics I would have one match on the TV, one on my laptop and one on my phone. Loved the BBC's coverage
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 12:35 PM   #50
country flag Maria rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieIWillKnow View Post
That's nothing - during the Olympics I would have one match on the TV, one on my laptop and one on my phone. Loved the BBC's coverage
Oh and me!!! The BBC'S coverage of sport is awesome. Their coverage of Wimbledon is just superb i hope they never lose the rights to that. If it moved over to sky it would be a disaster with all those adverts ruining it.
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 12:38 PM   #51
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

The first match that me and my family watched together was the Henin-Sharapova 2007 YEC final . I remember having a hard time getting them all together. Since then they understand me all the time when I wake up early in the morning or stay up late .
Mr.Sharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 12:40 PM   #52
country flag Maria rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.M View Post
The first match that me and my family watched together was the Henin-Sharapova 2007 YEC final . I remember having a hard time getting them all together. Since then they understand me all the time when I wake up early in the morning or stay up late .
My body clock has only just recovered after the Australian open
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 01:00 PM   #53
country flag Alan1991

Alan1991 is just really nice Alan1991 is just really nice Alan1991 is just really nice Alan1991 is just really nice Alan1991 is just really nice Alan1991 is just really nice Alan1991 is just really nice Alan1991 is just really nice Alan1991 is just really nice Alan1991 is just really nice Alan1991 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Voices View Post
I get in so much trouble (even now at 21 when I'm just home from uni for the holidays )
mainly its because I'm watching tennis is some ridiculous timezone and I'd still be awake at like 4am with my eyes like as I'm staring at my laptop. I once shouted out a big KAMAN accidentally, and in terms of daytime tennis, my dad has one rule and one rule only: if Masha vs Vika is on then I have to watch them on volume 2

other thank that, when I'm in uni I can watch tennis at w/e time I want which is pretty great.
and me and my friend have had (sounds sad/hilarious) grand slam sleepovers where we alternate between each others houses and watch the rounds as they progress throughout the night
That doesn't sound sad, that sounds amazing. I wish I could have grand slam sleepovers

Last edited by Alan1991 : Dec 15th, 2013 at 01:21 AM.
Alan1991 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 01:02 PM   #54
country flag Maria rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan1991 View Post
That doesn't sound sad, that sound amazing. I wish I could have grand slam sleepovers
Ha ha and me. Its usually just me watching it on my own at 3am or whatever.
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 03:46 PM   #55
country flag Roookie

Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Has the WTA fandom affected personal relationships?

I've made my family get into tennis but only ATP they do not care the slightlest for woman tennis despite all my efforts
Roookie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 08:28 PM   #56
country flag Doully

Doully has a reputation beyond repute Doully has a reputation beyond repute Doully has a reputation beyond repute Doully has a reputation beyond repute Doully has a reputation beyond repute Doully has a reputation beyond repute Doully has a reputation beyond repute Doully has a reputation beyond repute Doully has a reputation beyond repute Doully has a reputation beyond repute Doully has a reputation beyond repute

I suppose this is a good thread as any. Was quite tipsy last night in a bar with friends when This is Love by Will.I.Am and Eva Simmons came on. NONE of us could remember the female vocalist. I blurted out Eva Asderaki and everyone totally bought it

Truly a reflection of my time on TF
Doully is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 08:37 PM   #57
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

No, people around me love tennis. My father calls me when he on the train to ask me about results and to talk about tennis even tho we don't even live together anymore.
Cajka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 11:15 PM   #58
debby

debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
No, people around me love tennis. My father calls me when he on the train to ask me about results and to talk about tennis even tho we don't even live together anymore.
Hopefully for his sake he is not an Ivanovic fan.
debby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 12:47 AM   #59
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesborah View Post
Hopefully for his sake he is not an Ivanovic fan.
He supports her, but I'd say that he doesn't have much respect for her. He predicted her slump right after RG title.
Cajka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 01:29 AM   #60
country flag darrinbaker00
Serena's #1 Hater

darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieIWillKnow View Post
I like my dog, but if I had done that, I would have been sleeping with her. I know where my boundaries are.
"He who finds a wife finds a good thing, and obtains favor from the Lord." -- Proverbs 18:22

"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard." -- Herb Brooks

"A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life." -- Muhammad Ali
darrinbaker00 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote