Has the WTA fandom affected personal relationships? - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 29th, 2013, 10:58 AM   #16
country flag shap_half

shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Has the WTA fandom affected personal relationships?

Yes! I'm the same. When Justine played Maria in the 2006 USO Final, and it looked like Justine wasn't going to be able to turn things around, my roommates kept trying to irritate me with things like, "Oh, the one that looks like a mail-order-bride is beating the the one who likes a boy orphan." I turned to them during one of the commercial breaks and said I'll break the fucking lease if they don't shut the fuck up. And then slammed the door on my way out for a cig.
shap_half is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 29th, 2013, 12:15 PM   #17
country flag Alejandrawrrr

Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Vika

Quote:
Originally Posted by shap_half View Post
Yes! I'm the same. When Justine played Maria in the 2006 USO Final, and it looked like Justine wasn't going to be able to turn things around, my roommates kept trying to irritate me with things like, "Oh, the one that looks like a mail-order-bride is beating the the one who likes a boy orphan." I turned to them during one of the commercial breaks and said I'll break the fucking lease if they don't shut the fuck up. And then slammed the door on my way out for a cig.

For me, not so much. My friends and family know not to disturb me when God is playing, as I'm always extremely on edge/irritable during her matches, even when she's winning comfortably. Alright, I will say I lost the slightest bit of respect for a couple of my friends who liked Satan's facebook page. Who would do such a thing?
Old Jan 29th, 2013, 12:20 PM   #18
debby

debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by miffedmax View Post
I try. He's okay with me.
Is he on tennisforum?

To answer the subject, no.
debby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2013, 02:36 PM   #19
country flag Londoner

Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellas719 View Post
Not really, although I had an old tennis coach who hated Baghdatis (he wasn't Greek) and I used to take lessons with a friend who was Greek and we both loved Baghdatis and he always complained about him so that made us think lowly of him

Other than that, not really because most of my non-tennis friends know nothing about tennis. I have made excuses to avoid hanging out with them at times if there was a really interesting match I wanted to stay home and watch
Baghdatis is Cypriot, his father Lebanese. Just saying
Londoner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2013, 03:19 PM   #20
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shap_half View Post
My dad woke me up one Sunday morning 15 years ago with a tennis racquet and said, "You take tennis lessons every week now."
Oh my! I didn't do that, but I did make it clear to both my sons (and I would have done the same if I had a daughter or two) that they had to play a sport, do a form of art and get good grades. They didn't have to be superstars or win all the time, just develop an appreciation. My oldest played soccer and did music and is actually a music major. The younger one plays tennis and does visual arts, but wants to major in biology when he goes to college. I was glad they picked my two favorite sports, but they tried baseball, basketball and in the older one's case skateboarding, too.
"I read on the internet that there is something chipmunky about me :-)"--Andrea H.

Elena Viatcheslavovna Dementieva--Eternal Goddess of the Divine Bangs
miffedmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2013, 03:36 PM   #21
country flag saint2

saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute

No. Im not THAT big of a WTA fan...
My love to beer however affected many of my personal relations...
Old Jan 29th, 2013, 04:01 PM   #22
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute

No. Playing sports with friends and SO is great though.
Old Jan 29th, 2013, 04:27 PM   #23
country flag shap_half

shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by miffedmax View Post
Oh my! I didn't do that, but I did make it clear to both my sons (and I would have done the same if I had a daughter or two) that they had to play a sport, do a form of art and get good grades. They didn't have to be superstars or win all the time, just develop an appreciation. My oldest played soccer and did music and is actually a music major. The younger one plays tennis and does visual arts, but wants to major in biology when he goes to college. I was glad they picked my two favorite sports, but they tried baseball, basketball and in the older one's case skateboarding, too.
It was really irritating then, but it turned out really well, because I love tennis now. My parents aren't crazed about making us do things. They really support whatever we want, but I was the one pushed to do tennis.
shap_half is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2013, 05:14 PM   #24
country flag Doully

Doully has a reputation beyond repute Doully has a reputation beyond repute Doully has a reputation beyond repute Doully has a reputation beyond repute Doully has a reputation beyond repute Doully has a reputation beyond repute Doully has a reputation beyond repute Doully has a reputation beyond repute Doully has a reputation beyond repute Doully has a reputation beyond repute Doully has a reputation beyond repute

Hating Murray and being Scottish has gotten me into a few verbal spats both on and off-line .

Can't say the same for any WTA players (yet).
Doully is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2013, 05:50 PM   #25
country flag Novichok

Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Enfant Sauvage View Post
Thank you Vika

For me, not so much. My friends and family know not to disturb me when God is playing, as I'm always extremely on edge/irritable during her matches, even when she's winning comfortably. Alright, I will say I lost the slightest bit of respect for a couple of my friends who liked Satan's facebook page. Who would do such a thing?
You should cut those friends some slack. Didn't you once have Satan's name in your signature?
Old Jan 29th, 2013, 06:06 PM   #26

Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Vika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novichok View Post
You should cut those friends some slack. Didn't you once have Satan's name in your signature?

Last edited by Alejandrawrrr : Jan 29th, 2013 at 06:42 PM. Reason: /akil
Alejandrawrrr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2013, 06:12 PM   #27
debby

debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute

Gurl, are you LBV's long lost twin or what? You both are ashamed to stan for Queen Maria
debby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2013, 06:46 PM   #28

Thank you Vika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesborah View Post
Gurl, are you LBV's long lost twin or what? You both are ashamed to stan for Queen Maria
*coughs* I have no idea what you're talking about
Old Jan 29th, 2013, 11:31 PM   #29
country flag adam_ads_n
Team WTAworld

adam_ads_n has a reputation beyond repute adam_ads_n has a reputation beyond repute adam_ads_n has a reputation beyond repute adam_ads_n has a reputation beyond repute adam_ads_n has a reputation beyond repute adam_ads_n has a reputation beyond repute adam_ads_n has a reputation beyond repute adam_ads_n has a reputation beyond repute adam_ads_n has a reputation beyond repute adam_ads_n has a reputation beyond repute adam_ads_n has a reputation beyond repute

In general - no. My relationships has been only affected by other things, not tennis. It's normal that people watch sports, play sports, talk about sports... but sports cannot dominate you, so you need to have some time for other things as well My ex-girlfriend was kinda annoyed by me watching US Open and Australian Open at night, but this was definitely not a reason we broke up

My personal success is that I finally conviced my father to watch tennis with me, what a surprise it was when HE reminded me that the final of Australian Open starts in 15 minutes, so I should rush to their flat to watch it together (I live just 100 metres from my parents, so I made it on time ).
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 12:31 AM   #30
country flag Novichok

Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Enfant Sauvage View Post
Thank you Vika

This edit!!!