New Kelly Rowland Song "Dirty Laundry" Puts Beyonce on Blast! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 17th, 2013, 08:04 PM   #1
country flag supergrunt

supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute
New Kelly Rowland Song "Dirty Laundry" Puts Beyonce on Blast!

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...,4626396.story

Quote:
By Gerrick D. Kennedy
May 15, 2013, 11:36 a.m.
Kelly Rowland’s solo career has never been able to escape that of Beyoncé.

Since her 2002 solo debut, Rowland has stood in the shadow of her Destiny’s Child sister. It's almost impossible to find an interview with the singer without a mention of her more successful pal.

For her part, Rowland has always taken the constant comparisons and never-ending questions about a Destiny Child’s reunion or Bey’s success like any best friend would -- with a smile and a soundbite. Now, she's finally opening up about how it's affected her in a stunningly candid new single, “Dirty Laundry,” taken from her upcoming fourth album, “Talk a Good Game.”

PHOTOS: Girl group evolution

Produced by The-Dream, Rowland’s intensely personal single has the singer facing her resentment over her post-Destiny’s Child career -- and revealing that as she stood in the shadows, she was also being physically abused.

"When my sister was onstage / killing it like a … / I was enraged / feeling it like a ….,” she sings. “Went our separate ways but I was happy that she was killing it / Bittersweet, she was up and I was down / No lie, I feel good for her but what do I do now?"

Led by piano, the R&B jam spools into a dark confessional with Rowland singing about an ex who was “putting his hands on me” and cautioning to listeners that “y'all don’t know the half of this industry.

"Hitting the window like it was me / And still it shattered / He pulled me out and said, 'Don’t nobody love you but me / Not your mama / Not your daddy / and especially not Bey.' "

“Dirty Laundry” continues to show Rowland channeling the confidence she found with her last album, 2011's “Here I Am.” After beefing up her profile with dance tracks such as “When Love Takes Over” and “Commander,” Rowland slid into more sensual, grittier R&B terrain on the album with steamy cuts such as “Motivation.”

As she’s shown on recent singles, Rowland is continuing her quest to step out of the shadows. Hopefully, now that she’s cleaned out her closets, more people will be ready to listen and accept Rowland -- on her own.

We’d post “Dirty Laundry,” but all the lyrics aren’t safe for work. Check out the track here.

“Talk a Good Game” is scheduled to hit stores June 18.

Last edited by supergrunt : May 17th, 2013 at 08:10 PM.
supergrunt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 17th, 2013, 09:28 PM   #2
WowWow
mhmmm

WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New Kelly Rowland Song "Dirty Laundry" Puts Beyonce on Blast!

The song is very brave and so touching.

Love her!

Old May 18th, 2013, 05:06 AM   #3
country flag The Witch-king

The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute

girl, bye. The is about her depression because of the dude that told Kelly her 'sister' didn't love her. Its practically an ode to Beyesterday
Quote:
Originally Posted by JN View Post
A Black man fighting for his people against institutionalized racism and its supporters, whenever they raised their ugly heads. He hated White people, period. After making his Hajj to Mecca, denouncing the teachings of the Honorable Elijah Muhammad, becoming a Sunni Muslim and changing his name, he could no longer justify his blanket hatred of Whites, but still fought against racism no less fervently.
The Witch-king is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2013, 05:15 AM   #4
country flag Sir Stefwhit

Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute

More like she put her ex-dude on blast, not Bey...not at all actually. Misleading title to the thread but thanks for sharing the song it's very powerful and moving. As others have said, very brave of her...
The REAL GOAT Rafael Nadal
Future Inductees: Clijsters, C.Evert, A.Agassi, A.Berasategui, N. Zvereva, I.Majoli, M.Safin, Li Na, VIKA, and Del Potro
Sir Stefwhit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote