Is Sloane Stephens the most popular American in the WTA? - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 19th, 2013, 02:25 PM   #31
country flag HippityHop

HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Is Sloane Stephens the most popular American in the WTA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrissey View Post
Don't worry when Sloane REALLY starts to live up to her potential she's going to get attacked just like Venus and Serena did. I just hope Sloane is thick skinned and mentally tough, because being a black woman succeeding in a predominately white sport such as tennis tons of bigots are going to come out of the woodwork.
I agree. At least Venus and Serena had/have each other.

"Oh it's Tommy this and Tommy that and chuck him out, the brute.
But it's savior of his country when the guns begin to shoot."
Rudyard Kipling
HippityHop is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 19th, 2013, 02:32 PM   #32
country flag ZeroSumGame

ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by LethalLaura View Post
Ahead of Serena and Venus?

She's the most popular young American by far.
THIS!!!! As soon as Sloane starts winning big & embarrassing your favs, the haters will surface ...quite a normal thng ...And NO, American tennis & global women's tennis is pretty much still about the WS (The big draw cards)
ZeroSumGame is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 02:34 PM   #33
country flag nfl46

nfl46 has much to be proud of nfl46 has much to be proud of nfl46 has much to be proud of nfl46 has much to be proud of nfl46 has much to be proud of nfl46 has much to be proud of nfl46 has much to be proud of nfl46 has much to be proud of nfl46 has much to be proud of nfl46 has much to be proud of nfl46 has much to be proud of
I think the OP said it incorrectly. She is probably the most popular young American tennis player.

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 02:36 PM   #34
country flag KournikovaFan91
*Sesil*

KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSumGame View Post
THIS!!!! As soon as Sloane starts winning big & embarrassing your favs, the haters will surface ...quite a normal thng ...And NO, American tennis & global women's tennis is pretty much still about the WS (The big draw cards)
Agree, Caro was actually quite liked once on this forum if I recall with very few haters
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 04:04 PM   #35
country flag dagamezbest

dagamezbest is a splendid one to behold dagamezbest is a splendid one to behold dagamezbest is a splendid one to behold dagamezbest is a splendid one to behold dagamezbest is a splendid one to behold dagamezbest is a splendid one to behold dagamezbest is a splendid one to behold dagamezbest is a splendid one to behold dagamezbest is a splendid one to behold dagamezbest is a splendid one to behold dagamezbest is a splendid one to behold

I know its still early..but as of right now i see Sloane having a Chanda Rubin, Dementieva like career. She will be able to play with any player in the top 10, but will only bring her mental game on certain occasions to take them out. Maybe she will grow up and change later but as of right now in 2013 thats what i see for her.
dagamezbest is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 04:47 PM   #36
country flag JLG

JLG has a brilliant future JLG has a brilliant future JLG has a brilliant future JLG has a brilliant future JLG has a brilliant future JLG has a brilliant future JLG has a brilliant future JLG has a brilliant future JLG has a brilliant future JLG has a brilliant future JLG has a brilliant future

I was leaning in that direction, but that forehand of hers has alot of pop and can be a serious weapon. Winners are written all over that thing

Just don't know about her mentality yet
JLG is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 04:52 PM   #37
country flag JarkaFish
Multiform

JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future

This has to be the dumbest, most braindead thread ever.

The WS are by far the most famous, no one outside of tennis fans know who Sloane is because she hasn't done jack shit in her career so far.
JarkaFish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 05:34 PM   #38
country flag fawnrc

fawnrc is a splendid one to behold fawnrc is a splendid one to behold fawnrc is a splendid one to behold fawnrc is a splendid one to behold fawnrc is a splendid one to behold fawnrc is a splendid one to behold fawnrc is a splendid one to behold fawnrc is a splendid one to behold fawnrc is a splendid one to behold fawnrc is a splendid one to behold fawnrc is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnomyBC View Post
Yeah, she's like a 3rd Williams sister for people who are tired of Serena and want to root for a new Williams sister who's like an underdog and maybe has a better personality. And plus I think she reminds people of Michael Jackson when he was still black and wasn't so obviously weird (and was alive). But for me the one who has a special place in my heart will always be Harkleroad
OMG!!! I am crying...What in the...never mind.
fawnrc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 05:48 PM   #39
country flag Petra_Fan

Petra_Fan is just really nice Petra_Fan is just really nice Petra_Fan is just really nice Petra_Fan is just really nice Petra_Fan is just really nice Petra_Fan is just really nice Petra_Fan is just really nice Petra_Fan is just really nice Petra_Fan is just really nice Petra_Fan is just really nice Petra_Fan is just really nice

Here is a fantastic 15 minute documentary that Sloane Stephens did last year It is Brilliant learn alot about her and her backstory.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1QM5cjlh_w
Petra_Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 08:15 PM   #40
country flag mckyle.

mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone remember back in 2007-08 when EVERYBODY loved Wozniacki? Everyone thought she was an exciting new player with potential. Now, she's the most despised player on tour. It always happens when success comes.
mckyle. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 09:34 PM   #41
country flag mdterp01

mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute

She won't be when she starts to kick blonde girl's asses who are hyped up to be the "future" of the game.

Serena Williams Australian Open Champion (03,05,07,09,10)
French Open Champion (02,13)
Wimbledon Champion (02,03,09,10,12)
US Open Champion (99,02,08,12,13)
mdterp01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 09:40 PM   #42
country flag Doully

Doully has a reputation beyond repute Doully has a reputation beyond repute Doully has a reputation beyond repute Doully has a reputation beyond repute Doully has a reputation beyond repute Doully has a reputation beyond repute Doully has a reputation beyond repute Doully has a reputation beyond repute Doully has a reputation beyond repute Doully has a reputation beyond repute Doully has a reputation beyond repute

No.
Doully is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 10:03 PM   #43
country flag JN
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute

Only in Dominic's dreams.

JN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 10:05 PM   #44
country flag jcempire

jcempire is just really nice jcempire is just really nice jcempire is just really nice jcempire is just really nice jcempire is just really nice jcempire is just really nice jcempire is just really nice jcempire is just really nice jcempire is just really nice jcempire is just really nice jcempire is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckyle. View Post
She's new. The closer she gets to the Top 10, you'll start to notice more people who dislike her. Happens to every major player.
you right
jcempire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 10:10 PM   #45
country flag Roookie

Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute
She is adorable and has class
Roookie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote