Is Sloane Stephens the most popular American in the WTA? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 19th, 2013, 08:18 AM   #1
country flag shoparound

shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future
Is Sloane Stephens the most popular American in the WTA?

I noticed she gets a lot of support before, during and after her matches. Hardly any negative posts or comments here or anywhere else.
Despite her odd personality and blunt comments, she seems to still be a fan favorite, even during her junior years.
Anyone else think so?
shoparound is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 19th, 2013, 08:24 AM   #2
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Is Sloane Stephens the most popular American in the WTA?

Ahead of Serena and Venus?

She's the most popular young American by far.
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 08:25 AM   #3
country flag fast lefty

fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all

Sloane says it as it is .Good for her.
fast lefty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 08:26 AM   #4
country flag Morrissey

Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold

Don't worry when Sloane REALLY starts to live up to her potential she's going to get attacked just like Venus and Serena did. I just hope Sloane is thick skinned and mentally tough, because being a black woman succeeding in a predominately white sport such as tennis tons of bigots are going to come out of the woodwork.
Morrissey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 08:26 AM   #5
country flag Sombrerero loco

Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute

she is very likeable indeed. she is a very nice girl with fans and players, and has a nice game too...maybe thats why
Sombrerero loco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 08:27 AM   #6
country flag V-MAC
blurring the lines between the real and the fake

V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute

"Odd personality"
I think her personality is one of her strong points. She comes across as a very charming and articulate young woman.
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 08:28 AM   #7
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-MAC View Post
"Odd personality"
I think her personality is one of her strong points. She comes across as a very charming and articulate young woman.
Because she doesn't conform to the "stereotype", ignore the that poster.
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 08:29 AM   #8
country flag shoparound

shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future

Quote:
"Odd personality"
It's true. As people in other threads have mentioned, she is kind of weird in her own ways. The way she goes about the court or talk to the media. Her Azarenka "sucking toes" comments were pretty funny yet unusual.
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 08:31 AM   #9
country flag Sombrerero loco

Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrissey View Post
Don't worry when Sloane REALLY starts to live up to her potential she's going to get attacked just like Venus and Serena did. I just hope Sloane is thick skinned and mentally tough, because being a black woman succeeding in a predominately white sport such as tennis tons of bigots are going to come out of the woodwork.
omg stop with the "racism" issue please, its 21st century
Sombrerero loco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 08:31 AM   #10
country flag shoparound

Quote:
Originally Posted by LethalLaura View Post
Because she doesn't conform to the "stereotype", ignore the that poster.
What stereotype? I'm not a big fan of players who suck up to the media. I like players who tell it like it is. Sloane does that, but in a quirky, different way.
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 08:31 AM   #11
country flag V-MAC
blurring the lines between the real and the fake

V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoparound View Post
It's true. As people in other threads have mentioned, she is kind of weird in her own ways. The way she goes about the court or talk to the media. Her Azarenka "sucking toes" comments were pretty funny yet unusual.
lol I didn't hear anything about "sucking toes"....what is that story?
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 08:42 AM   #12
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrissey View Post
I agree but sloanes game style is completely different also
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 08:47 AM   #13
country flag shoparound

Quote:
http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?p=21216983
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 08:48 AM   #14
country flag pancake

pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Stephens, on the other hand, only had positive things to say about the current torchbearer of the WTA, number one Victoria Azarenka. ““I love Vika. You could tell me she sucks toes- I wouldn’t care,” she laughed. “She’s been nice to me since I met her for the first time. She and my mom are always chatting it up. People are always telling me they hate her- I don’t know why.”

But my personal favorite from her will always be:
“I’m friends with Jamie (Hampton), Christina (McHale), and Melanie (Oudin)- well, we don’t see Melanie as much anymore,” she said, trailing off. (Melanie Oudin has been in a much-publicized slump lately.)

The interview was like a year old tho.
pancake is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 08:53 AM   #15
country flag anthonyqld

anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of

Sloane is hilarious. That's why she's popular. Some people don't "get" her sense of humour, but those people are missing out.
Yulia Putintseva , Vera Zvonareva , Dominika Cibulkova , Serena Williams , Galina Voskoboeva , Elena Vesnina
Alison Riske , Storm Sanders , Laura Robson , Jarmila Gajdosova , Olivia Rogowska, Tsvetana Pironkova
anthonyqld is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote