Was it smart of Maria to celebrate like that? - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jan 18th, 2013, 09:08 AM   #31
country flag Sharakim
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future
Re: Was it smart of Maria to celebrate like that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by debby View Post
lol @ those who really believe Serena won't care at all

Let's be real you guys. I didn't see the reaction but judging upon what I heard, it was OTT and not very classy but I understand her reaction and have seen worse. But I think it was not smart at all as Serena was watching lmao
What's the worst Serena can do? Beat Masha 6-0 6-0? She's pretty much done that already. The irony is that Serena has beaten Maria so badly over the years that Sharapova's pretty much hit rock bottom. And you know what they say about hitting rock bottom, the only way is up. There is pretty much nothing worse Serena can do to her.
Sharakim is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 18th, 2013, 09:08 AM   #32
country flag Mugria

Mugria is a glorious beacon of light Mugria is a glorious beacon of light Mugria is a glorious beacon of light Mugria is a glorious beacon of light Mugria is a glorious beacon of light Mugria is a glorious beacon of light Mugria is a glorious beacon of light Mugria is a glorious beacon of light Mugria is a glorious beacon of light Mugria is a glorious beacon of light Mugria is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharakim View Post
What's the worst Serena can do? Beat Masha 6-0 6-0? She's pretty much done that already. The irony is that Serena has beaten Maria so badly over the years that Sharapova's pretty much hit rock bottom. The is pretty much nothing worse Serena can do to her.
Double Golden set
Mugria is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 09:08 AM   #33
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by domon17th View Post
Err but said 3R was won against a 7 time GS Champion, whom she had a close H2H against. Surely it's still a big win?
GS champion or not, she completely dominated her, there's no reason for this. If this would have been a three hour match with a TB in the third I'd give her a break but looking how the match went this was just classless.

There's not just unpleasant losers, there are unpleasant winners as well. And she was one today.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 09:10 AM   #34
country flag Sharakim
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugria View Post
Double Golden set
True, wouldn't be much worse either way. She still has nothing to lose against Serena. She's already hit rock bottom, the only way is up. And Serena is not some god.
Sharakim is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 09:11 AM   #35
country flag domon17th

domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
GS champion or not, she completely dominated her, there's no reason for this. If this would have been a three hour match with a TB in the third I'd give her a break but looking how the match went this was just classless.

There's not just unpleasant losers, there are unpleasant winners as well. And she was one today.
Well sure, agree to disagree then.
domon17th is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 09:12 AM   #36
country flag iWill

iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Smart or not, it wasn't exactly classy. She should be bigger than this, a player of her success going apeshit after winning a R3 match that was not even close is pretty cringe-worthy.
This.

She was going to win that match it became pretty clear from the way Venus was playing. It was a great effort from Sharapova but someone of her caliber shouldn't have to do all of that.
Originally Posted by MrProdigy555 View Post
*inserts a couple fingers into you*
iWill is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 09:13 AM   #37
country flag Samsuin

Samsuin is a name known to all Samsuin is a name known to all Samsuin is a name known to all Samsuin is a name known to all Samsuin is a name known to all Samsuin is a name known to all Samsuin is a name known to all Samsuin is a name known to all Samsuin is a name known to all Samsuin is a name known to all Samsuin is a name known to all

Isn't it a prove for Venus beeing a great champion when Masha celebrates like this? I don't see the problem.
She was happy, because if Venus would have made the 4:5, the match would have been close again.
Get over yourself, haters.
Samsuin is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 09:13 AM   #38
country flag ACEof DIAMONDS

ACEof DIAMONDS is a splendid one to behold ACEof DIAMONDS is a splendid one to behold ACEof DIAMONDS is a splendid one to behold ACEof DIAMONDS is a splendid one to behold ACEof DIAMONDS is a splendid one to behold ACEof DIAMONDS is a splendid one to behold ACEof DIAMONDS is a splendid one to behold ACEof DIAMONDS is a splendid one to behold ACEof DIAMONDS is a splendid one to behold ACEof DIAMONDS is a splendid one to behold ACEof DIAMONDS is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

ACEof DIAMONDS is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 09:13 AM   #39
country flag VenuStan

VenuStan is a name known to all VenuStan is a name known to all VenuStan is a name known to all VenuStan is a name known to all VenuStan is a name known to all VenuStan is a name known to all VenuStan is a name known to all VenuStan is a name known to all VenuStan is a name known to all VenuStan is a name known to all VenuStan is a name known to all

She was happy she won whatever really

She played well AND deserved the win - how she chooses to celebrate is up to her; I don't think she meant to be spiteful or disrespectful honestly and I say this as someone who was heartbroken by the loss

Probably OTT a little but she earned it is all I say
VenuStan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 09:14 AM   #40
country flag winlaw

winlaw has much to be proud of winlaw has much to be proud of winlaw has much to be proud of winlaw has much to be proud of winlaw has much to be proud of winlaw has much to be proud of winlaw has much to be proud of winlaw has much to be proud of winlaw has much to be proud of winlaw has much to be proud of winlaw has much to be proud of

Even as a fan I found it a bit over the top. It is a solid win for Maria but surely Venus deserves more respect than the excessive fist pumping right at the net.
winlaw is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 09:14 AM   #41
country flag thegreendestiny

thegreendestiny has a reputation beyond repute thegreendestiny has a reputation beyond repute thegreendestiny has a reputation beyond repute thegreendestiny has a reputation beyond repute thegreendestiny has a reputation beyond repute thegreendestiny has a reputation beyond repute thegreendestiny has a reputation beyond repute thegreendestiny has a reputation beyond repute thegreendestiny has a reputation beyond repute thegreendestiny has a reputation beyond repute thegreendestiny has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeMa View Post
Why do people think Serena is going to care? If they play, Serena goes out there with the idea of winning a match, as always. Why would anyone think she needs this to fuel her?

Maria felt it was a big accomplishment to win this match. It was built up like the second coming so she played it as if and celebrated as if.
Because fans of Williams sisters are usually the deranged liberals with an IQ comparable to the average of Ethiopia. They can not make logical and civil arguments, instead, they (like their idols) make their assertions through intimidation. Again, this is not a for all of them but rather a general observation.
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 09:14 AM   #42
country flag VIKANADAL01

VIKANADAL01 is a name known to all VIKANADAL01 is a name known to all VIKANADAL01 is a name known to all VIKANADAL01 is a name known to all VIKANADAL01 is a name known to all VIKANADAL01 is a name known to all VIKANADAL01 is a name known to all VIKANADAL01 is a name known to all VIKANADAL01 is a name known to all VIKANADAL01 is a name known to all VIKANADAL01 is a name known to all

well done MARIA
Now with her draw she is a lock to the SF.
VIKANADAL01 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 09:14 AM   #43
bandabou

bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute

Nah men...Vee's to fight her own battles. Serena plays for Serena.
Serena Williams: Greatest African-American tennisplayer in history
17 majors:5255

Official Prince of the Royal Court
bandabou is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 09:15 AM   #44
country flag SymphonyX

SymphonyX has much to be proud of SymphonyX has much to be proud of SymphonyX has much to be proud of SymphonyX has much to be proud of SymphonyX has much to be proud of SymphonyX has much to be proud of SymphonyX has much to be proud of SymphonyX has much to be proud of SymphonyX has much to be proud of SymphonyX has much to be proud of SymphonyX has much to be proud of

Apparently, defeating Venus Williams is still a big thing, even for the likes of Sharapova. It's understandable. But if she did that against someone useless like Ivanovic, Kvitova or Kuznetsova, it would be kinda shameless and pathetic.
SymphonyX is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 09:16 AM   #45
country flag humanabstract

humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold

I think Maria's celebration can be explained by nervous ending. Maybe she really thought this match could change completely.
There is no way she would celebrating like this if winning 6-1 6-1. So, no big deal.

and I'll yell and I'll scream at the top of my lungs
and I'll try to show you this is who I've become
humanabstract is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread