Was it smart of Maria to celebrate like that? - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jan 18th, 2013, 08:56 AM   #16
country flag ACEof DIAMONDS

ACEof DIAMONDS is a splendid one to behold ACEof DIAMONDS is a splendid one to behold ACEof DIAMONDS is a splendid one to behold ACEof DIAMONDS is a splendid one to behold ACEof DIAMONDS is a splendid one to behold ACEof DIAMONDS is a splendid one to behold ACEof DIAMONDS is a splendid one to behold ACEof DIAMONDS is a splendid one to behold ACEof DIAMONDS is a splendid one to behold ACEof DIAMONDS is a splendid one to behold ACEof DIAMONDS is a splendid one to behold
Re: Was it smart of Maria to celebrate like that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by producer88 View Post
Well history shows that the William sisters would try to get revenge for each other when they lost to another opponent.
That sentence doesn't even make sense. All history shows is that in a single tournament it's hard to beat both Williams sisters. It's not like they are going out there with the mindset to avenge their sisters loss, it's ridiculous. If that is their thought process then they aren't in the right mental state before said match.
ACEof DIAMONDS is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 18th, 2013, 08:56 AM   #17
country flag Young 8

Young 8 has a reputation beyond repute Young 8 has a reputation beyond repute Young 8 has a reputation beyond repute Young 8 has a reputation beyond repute Young 8 has a reputation beyond repute Young 8 has a reputation beyond repute Young 8 has a reputation beyond repute Young 8 has a reputation beyond repute Young 8 has a reputation beyond repute Young 8 has a reputation beyond repute Young 8 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by In The Zone View Post
Venus does not celebrate like that.
You sure ?
Young 8 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 08:57 AM   #18
country flag JeMa

JeMa has much to be proud of JeMa has much to be proud of JeMa has much to be proud of JeMa has much to be proud of JeMa has much to be proud of JeMa has much to be proud of JeMa has much to be proud of JeMa has much to be proud of JeMa has much to be proud of JeMa has much to be proud of JeMa has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by producer88 View Post
Well history shows that the William sisters would try to get revenge for each other when they lost to another opponent.
What? When was this history you speak of? Better yet why am I in this dumb thread?

Maria Li Venus Marion Madison
JeMa is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 08:57 AM   #19
country flag BH both wings

BH both wings has a brilliant future BH both wings has a brilliant future BH both wings has a brilliant future BH both wings has a brilliant future BH both wings has a brilliant future BH both wings has a brilliant future BH both wings has a brilliant future BH both wings has a brilliant future BH both wings has a brilliant future BH both wings has a brilliant future BH both wings has a brilliant future

Very smart of her. She needs every ounce of aggression and confidence in a potential final, better start building that now.

And for V.Williams, with a sister like S.Williams, she is probably desensitized enough to not even notice ...
BH both wings is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 08:57 AM   #20
country flag selesbooz

selesbooz has much to be proud of selesbooz has much to be proud of selesbooz has much to be proud of selesbooz has much to be proud of selesbooz has much to be proud of selesbooz has much to be proud of selesbooz has much to be proud of selesbooz has much to be proud of selesbooz has much to be proud of selesbooz has much to be proud of selesbooz has much to be proud of

Didn't Serena just get called "Disrespectful" by her opponent 2 weeks ago. You all really need to pull you heads out of your @sses and grow the hell up. Even if she does not win a point for the next 50 years against Serena she still beat Venus.
selesbooz is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 08:58 AM   #21
country flag lupojohn
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future

I don't think Serena will care one bit about Maria celebrating the way she did. I do think Maria shouldn't have celebrated it like that. It was a big win and a great performance, but she should have restrained herself at some point.
lupojohn is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 08:58 AM   #22
country flag Sam L
blue swan

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
Smart or not, it wasn't exactly classy. She should be bigger than this, a player of her success going apeshit after winning a R3 match that was not even close is pretty cringe-worthy.
I thought the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young 8 View Post
You sure ?
Receipts if you're sure of otherwise.

In the mood for love of Clio & Urania
Sam L is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 08:58 AM   #23
country flag Geertvg
Team WTAworld

Geertvg has a reputation beyond repute Geertvg has a reputation beyond repute Geertvg has a reputation beyond repute Geertvg has a reputation beyond repute Geertvg has a reputation beyond repute Geertvg has a reputation beyond repute Geertvg has a reputation beyond repute Geertvg has a reputation beyond repute Geertvg has a reputation beyond repute Geertvg has a reputation beyond repute Geertvg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACEof DIAMONDS View Post
LMFAO there are some real brain deads in here. Serena could give 2 shits about Venus losing and avenging a loss if she's in the final vs Maria, the only thing on her mind will be beating the person across the net to win the trophy.

Do people really need to try this hard to make something out of nothing? Drama, drama, drama for no reason at all.
Exactly this. It just showed how much it meant to Maria. We know she can get very intense. Venus is a champion against whom you've never won until you hit the last shot. Big deal. Stop trying to create drama when there isn't any.

Last.fm
Geertvg is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 09:00 AM   #24
country flag Fighterpova

Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future

People overrating and seeking drama and attention as usual

Yes, bad reaction, get the fuck over it and move on
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 09:01 AM   #25
country flag winone23

winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute

boorish behavior

Eleven, Jamba Juice, Miami Dolphins, V*Starr Interiors ,World Team Tennis
Veelieve! Venus will rise again 2014!
Taylor Townsend / Madison Keys
NY KNICKS / TEAM MELO
winone23 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 09:01 AM   #26
debby

debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute
lol @ those who really believe Serena won't care at all

Let's be real you guys. I didn't see the reaction but judging upon what I heard, it was OTT and not very classy but I understand her reaction and have seen worse. But I think it was not smart at all as Serena was watching lmao
debby is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 09:04 AM   #27
country flag dontletgo

dontletgo is a glorious beacon of light dontletgo is a glorious beacon of light dontletgo is a glorious beacon of light dontletgo is a glorious beacon of light dontletgo is a glorious beacon of light dontletgo is a glorious beacon of light dontletgo is a glorious beacon of light dontletgo is a glorious beacon of light dontletgo is a glorious beacon of light dontletgo is a glorious beacon of light dontletgo is a glorious beacon of light

Serena mad because Sharapova beat her sister? That's pretty sad really. Aren't they two seperate persons? Djeez.
Must be easy though, having another sister on the tour who can finish what you couldn't.
dontletgo is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 09:06 AM   #28
country flag Pops Maellard
Quiche

Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute

OMG. People should be taking it as a compliment. It just shows how respected Venus still is by other players that people would react so intensely to beating her.

Come Along If You Need A Break From Tennis, But Want To Stay On TF.
Pops Maellard is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 09:06 AM   #29
country flag domon17th

domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
Smart or not, it wasn't exactly classy. She should be bigger than this, a player of her success going apeshit after winning a R3 match that was not even close is pretty cringe-worthy.
Err but said 3R was won against a 7 time GS Champion, whom she had a close H2H against. Surely it's still a big win?
domon17th is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 09:07 AM   #30
country flag August

August has much to be proud of August has much to be proud of August has much to be proud of August has much to be proud of August has much to be proud of August has much to be proud of August has much to be proud of August has much to be proud of August has much to be proud of August has much to be proud of August has much to be proud of

Of course it was smart. Her fangirls that love unclassy behaviour now remember why they like her and go to buy Sugarpovas.
August is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread