Australian Open R3: [2] Maria Sharapova d. [25] Venus Williams 6-1 6-3 - Page 25 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jan 18th, 2013, 01:24 PM   #361
Tech1

Tech1 has a reputation beyond repute Tech1 has a reputation beyond repute Tech1 has a reputation beyond repute Tech1 has a reputation beyond repute Tech1 has a reputation beyond repute Tech1 has a reputation beyond repute Tech1 has a reputation beyond repute Tech1 has a reputation beyond repute Tech1 has a reputation beyond repute Tech1 has a reputation beyond repute Tech1 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Australian Open R3: [2] Maria Sharapova d. [25] Venus Williams 6-1 6-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael! View Post
bad performance from Venus, a shame that she isn´t able to show some good tennis in important matches at slams...Radwanska at RG, Vesnina in Wimbledon, Kerber in NY...all horrible.
I didn´t expect her to win but hoped that she would play some good tennis at least but she already was bad against Cornet and couldn´t improve obviously.
well, 3rd round at least, close to top 20 again, not bad at all!! (especially if we look at all the health problems Venus has)
Excellent post!
Tech1 is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 18th, 2013, 01:25 PM   #362
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute

I was expecting more of a match

R.I.P. Bally
Sammo is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 01:26 PM   #363
country flag Julian.
Keep calm and be gay.

Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, well done Masha!

Reminds me of her match against Davenport during AO 2008 round 2

• Maria Sharapova • Dominika Cibulkova • Ksenia Pervak • Eugenie Bouchard •
• Andy Roddick • Mikhail Youzhny • Grigor Dimitrov • Novak Djokovic • Benoit Paire •
tumblr.graphics thread
Julian. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 01:27 PM   #364
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax View Post
it was nullified because of Maria's heavy powerful return shots.
Williams spent majority of the match defending, because she couldn't deal with the pace of Maria's strokes. I think Maria is hitting the ball bigger than ever before...dis AO is goona be good me thinks
Yup. Venus's serve is a huge part of why the Wimbledon matches panned out the way they did; no surprise that on other surfaces, where Maria has time to get on it and use one of her biggest weapons, that Maria owns her.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 01:31 PM   #365
Olórin

Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax View Post
it was nullified because of Maria's heavy powerful return shots.
Williams spent majority of the match defending, because she couldn't deal with the pace of Maria's strokes. I think Maria is hitting the ball bigger than ever before...dis AO is goona be good me thinks
Yet you will be running away like a pitiful coward again when Sharapova loses. Undoubtedly backtracking from "hitting the ball bigger than ever before".

Laudable as Maria's performance today was in singles, Venus is still more likely to be the one walking away from Melbourne with a trophy
Olórin is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 01:44 PM   #366
country flag sashay

sashay has much to be proud of sashay has much to be proud of sashay has much to be proud of sashay has much to be proud of sashay has much to be proud of sashay has much to be proud of sashay has much to be proud of sashay has much to be proud of sashay has much to be proud of sashay has much to be proud of sashay has much to be proud of

I usually don't have a problem with how a player celebrates..but her over the top cmon's considering the trashing she was serving up were just too much , especially because of who her opponent was and what she has done for the game. Venus has been nothing but class in the fifteen years she has been on the tour and deserves to be treating with a little more respect that she was given by that screaming hyena. But to a certain degree I think that's what Sharapova, Azarenka and Serena have in common( They all have a mean streak in them and don't give a phuck who is on the other side of the net. However that does not excuse Sharapova. No grace at all and to quote Serena ' just ugly inside'. ..I hope either Serena or Azarenka give her a trashing she so richly deserves..Evil uncoordinated Beotch!!
sashay is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 01:51 PM   #367
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olórin View Post
Yet you will be running away like a pitiful coward again when Sharapova loses. Undoubtedly backtracking from "hitting the ball bigger than ever before".

Laudable as Maria's performance today was in singles, Venus is still more likely to be the one walking away from Melbourne with a trophy
All those shade aren't necessary.
Maria was there to win the match she played a lot better and deserved fully this win.
Who cares if Venus leaves OZ with a trophy in doubles, I'm sure Maria will still be satisfied with a RU. trophy and if anything you're just admitting that Vee should stick to doubles since she is out of top players' league in singles now.
doomsday is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 01:52 PM   #368
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute

Pova power! I'm a tad surprised it was so one sided. Well done to Big Masha. I hope Venus has a great year too.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpres...arcelona08.jpg
the cat is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 01:52 PM   #369
country flag Mikey.
Set me free, leave me be.

Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

lmao in doubles... Take your butthurt ass somewhere else.
Mikey. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 01:52 PM   #370
country flag Vartan

Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute

Which banned poster are you?

Congratulations Maria

Venus

Vartan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 01:54 PM   #371
country flag Cindy and Kate

Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samsuin View Post
We can talk again when Vika got her career grand slam.
Or drops out a whole season because of an injury and fights herself back to worlds number 1.
Until then.
So now Vika has to stay out injured a whole season to prove her worth ? That´s one of the biggest Sharapovian over the top posts that I´ve seen. And there´s been some of them these last few weeks.
Cindy and Kate is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 01:55 PM   #372
country flag madmax

madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

is this drivel supposed to upset me or what now?
I don't watch doubles and could care less about them
And "running like coward" argument LOL? I was defending Maria when she was at her lowest and hitting 30 DF's in her losses to nobodies like Oudin...I'm about as far away from bandwagon stan as you can find
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp!ffy View Post
Sharapova is so popular her owns fans have haters.
madmax is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 01:56 PM   #373
country flag ZeroSumGame

ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future
Re: AO R3: Maria Sharapova Defeats Venus Williams 6-1. 6-3

Maria was focused played superb while it took Vee until the 2nd set to get into the match!

...but some of these comments from some Pova fans are just disgraceful ...this thread is soooo gonna be bumped up when Maria loses learn to stay HUMBLE at small victories people ....I cant wait for the end of this tourney, almost happening in slow mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACEof DIAMONDS View Post

Take that ugly ass dress with you. LOL @ anyone thinking Venus had any shot in this match. Newbs!

GET TO STEPPING!
Ur def bitter!! Even tho Venus doesn't really have a winning game anymore, she leads in polling for best outfit in this tourney ...And she's also ranked way ahead of Pova on the AO social leader board! So better stay humble coz what's up must eventually come down
ZeroSumGame is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 01:58 PM   #374
country flag Vartan

Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute

Oh no the social leader board

Vartan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 01:58 PM   #375
country flag atominside

atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sashay View Post
I usually don't have a problem with how a player celebrates..but her over the top cmon's considering the trashing she was serving up were just too much , especially because of who her opponent was and what she has done for the game. Venus has been nothing but class in the fifteen years she has been on the tour and deserves to be treating with a little more respect that she was given by that screaming hyena. But to a certain degree I think that's what Sharapova, Azarenka and Serena have in common( They all have a mean streak in them and don't give a phuck who is on the other side of the net. However that does not excuse Sharapova. No grace at all and to quote Serena ' just ugly inside'. ..I hope either Serena or Azarenka give her a trashing she so richly deserves..Evil uncoordinated Beotch!!
someone's seems sour
atominside is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread