Australian Open R3: [2] Maria Sharapova d. [25] Venus Williams 6-1 6-3 - Page 22 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jan 18th, 2013, 10:28 AM   #316
country flag Samsuin

Samsuin is a name known to all Samsuin is a name known to all Samsuin is a name known to all Samsuin is a name known to all Samsuin is a name known to all Samsuin is a name known to all Samsuin is a name known to all Samsuin is a name known to all Samsuin is a name known to all Samsuin is a name known to all Samsuin is a name known to all
Re: Australian Open R3: [2] Maria Sharapova d. [25] Venus Williams 6-1 6-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNCLESILAS View Post
I don´t think anyone was actually offended, but these antics are also a part of the players performances, and it is no big deal to criticize them, that´s all. Look at the posts regarding Serena´s celebration after the Olympics final from all the now complaining Sharapova fans, and then look in the dictionary for the meaning of the word "hypocrisy"
Don't know, wasn't in this forum to that time.
I didn't care about it.
So i am allowed to complain. :>
Samsuin is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 18th, 2013, 10:29 AM   #317
Adal

Adal has a reputation beyond repute Adal has a reputation beyond repute Adal has a reputation beyond repute Adal has a reputation beyond repute Adal has a reputation beyond repute Adal has a reputation beyond repute Adal has a reputation beyond repute Adal has a reputation beyond repute Adal has a reputation beyond repute Adal has a reputation beyond repute Adal has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jan 18th, 2013, 10:31 AM   #318
country flag Cindy and Kate

Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samsuin View Post
Don't know, wasn't in this forum to that time.
I didn't care about it.
So i am allowed to complain. :>
Of course, like everyone, but that wasn´t the point at all.
Cindy and Kate is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 10:33 AM   #319
country flag dencod16

dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVD View Post
Sorry, but the reactions weren't the same at all.
But that's okay, as we are simply stating our opinions.
Serena has had her moments for sure, but Serena wasn't playing this match, so....?

If Venus is who most view as a representative of WTA "class", then when comparing Venus and Sharapova in this match says a lot.
Sorry, but Sharapova was over-the-top in this instance, and that isn't what I'd call endearing or attractive, nor representative of a champion.
I'm sure it's nice to Sharapova fans that they got a kick out of that sad show; and now hopefully they will lighten up on Serena.
Though after reading the responses here, I seriously doubt that.
Well, don't compare Venus to anyone when it comes to class on the court, everyone will just look like a thug to her.
dencod16 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 10:35 AM   #320
country flag Samsuin

Samsuin is a name known to all Samsuin is a name known to all Samsuin is a name known to all Samsuin is a name known to all Samsuin is a name known to all Samsuin is a name known to all Samsuin is a name known to all Samsuin is a name known to all Samsuin is a name known to all Samsuin is a name known to all Samsuin is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNCLESILAS View Post
Of course, like everyone, but that wasn´t the point at all.
I still don't see how anyone can criticize the way someone celebrates. Maybe it's something different when they dance or mock their opponent, but today? No, sorry. Don't understand.
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 10:35 AM   #321
Mistress of Evil
mean-spirited, vicious bitch witch

Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

How dare this Florida girl try to make excuses like that?

Quote:
Q. That was a big celebration at the end there. Were you thinking about another Williams sister in the final at that moment?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: Well, I lost a couple I was up 5 1, down Love 40, and it was swinging back and forth for those couple of games. Then I was up 30 Love, it got back to 30 All, and I served that game out really well. I was just really pumped. Why shouldn't I be?

Maxwell, your scary declarations turn out to be just empty threats...

Last edited by miffedmax : Jan 18th, 2013 at 03:10 PM. Reason: insult
Mistress of Evil is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 10:40 AM   #322
country flag freefallball

freefallball is a name known to all freefallball is a name known to all freefallball is a name known to all freefallball is a name known to all freefallball is a name known to all freefallball is a name known to all freefallball is a name known to all freefallball is a name known to all freefallball is a name known to all freefallball is a name known to all freefallball is a name known to all

Since Maria's bakery shop is doing so well, I guess Serena will be able to use "I have nothing to lose. Maria is playing so well, I will have to be extra careful tomorrow. I will go out there, do my best and have fun."

That aside, if Serena doesn't get to the finals, Maria may just win the AO. There is no one else to stop Maria in her quarter, unless she forgot how to keep the ball in when playing against Kerber and Aga. Currently in Aga's quarter, Aga has the highest chance of making it out because the others have a high tendency of UE their way out of the game and collapse mentally at matchpoint.

Last edited by freefallball : Jan 18th, 2013 at 10:47 AM.
freefallball is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 10:44 AM   #323
country flag Michael!
indescribable

Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute

bad performance from Venus, a shame that she isn´t able to show some good tennis in important matches at slams...Radwanska at RG, Vesnina in Wimbledon, Kerber in NY...all horrible.
I didn´t expect her to win but hoped that she would play some good tennis at least but she already was bad against Cornet and couldn´t improve obviously.
well, 3rd round at least, close to top 20 again, not bad at all!! (especially if we look at all the health problems Venus has)
Michael! is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 10:49 AM   #324
country flag Kasey

Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lachy View Post
You need to try and start trolling about something else. Because calling a 4-time slam champion 'not skilled' just screams insanity.
Oh please, I'll say that again: she's very low-skilled.

And calling her actually skilled, that's trolling.
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 10:54 AM   #325
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

Fantastic Tennis from Maria . Venus was a bit sluggish throughout the match but overall it was a brutal performance from Masha.

Onto the 4th round .
Mr.Sharapova is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 10:55 AM   #326
country flag Samsuin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlicznie View Post
Oh please, I'll say that again: she's very low-skilled.

And calling her actually skilled, that's trolling.
We can talk again when Vika got her career grand slam.
Or drops out a whole season because of an injury and fights herself back to worlds number 1.
Until then.
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 10:55 AM   #327
country flag Kim's_fan_4ever
The only girl in the world.

Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute
I only saw small parts of this match but Maria looked very confident and was playing really well I thought. I wouldn't be that hard on Venus...she just couldn't cope with Maria's power tonight and that's where the errors came from.

Looking at the draw, I can't see anybody stopping Maria from reaching the final. Just keep doing your job gurl

Sent from my HTC One X using VerticalSports.Com App
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 11:03 AM   #328
country flag JN
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute

332 comments? It was Venus, not Serena!

Vee.

My Top 3 Faves!
JN is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 11:04 AM   #329
bandabou

bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincey! View Post
Well again I personally never complain for Serena's reactions so I don,t care what the other Masha fans have done. What I'm saying is how a Serena fan can complain about that kind of reaction when Serena does that and more herself. The same person that are saying Sharapova was disrespectful applauded Serena for her "intensity". Hypocrite. Again I'm not talking for other Masha fans, but for myself. If you're only saying that cuz you heard a couple of Masha fans complaining about Serena's when you don't even think that's disrespectful than you're only looking for drama and to bash a player/fan base .
But you don't have a problem with Serena doing the celebrations...so how are you gonna complain about that?!
Serena Williams: Greatest African-American tennisplayer in history
18 majors:5256

Official Prince of the Royal Court
bandabou is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 11:05 AM   #330
country flag heavyhorse

heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute

What's Sharapova's draw?
heavyhorse is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread