The Falling Cometh: Petra Kvitova - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 17th, 2013, 03:07 PM   #31
country flag Raiden

Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Falling Cometh: Petra Kvitova

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNCLESILAS View Post
Since the UO she has been abysmal, but the ironical thing is that she is playing a bit better and her fitness has also improved.
Haha - what a funny hilarious sarcastic statement - you are a hoot

To get more serious: Petra is in transition phase - there were personnel changes and that is bound to have negative effect. That's what yer looking at on the courts currently. But her long term prospects are still bright

Last edited by Raiden : Jan 17th, 2013 at 03:13 PM.
Raiden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 17th, 2013, 03:11 PM   #32
country flag JarkaFish
Multiform

JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
Haha - what a funny hilarious sarcastic statement - you are a hoot

To get more serious: Petra is in transition - there are personnel changes and that is bound to have effect. Her long term prospects are still bright.
Keep believing.
JarkaFish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 03:24 PM   #33
country flag dencod16

dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfl46 View Post
I been said this last year when the season started! Everyone thought Petra was going to be number 1 by the end of the AO then Vika took over. Petra is good but this forum hyped her up last year to the extreme!
It wasn't to the extreme. She was the world no. 2 and Wozniacki was the world no. 1 what do you expect her having a great end of 2011 and had a great performance at Hopman Cup. It was just proper to say she will be the world no. 1. No one said she will be the greatest ever. It was a realistic hope based on what she has shown with her recent results.
dencod16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 03:43 PM   #34
country flag Monzanator
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute

Kvitova begins to remind me of James Hunt
TT: Winner - (Singles) Tashkent 2012; (Doubles) - (w/Broseghini) Cuneo 100k '10; (w/Peek-A-Boo) Contrexeville 50k '10; (w/JustPetko) Bucharest 75k '10, Nantes 50k '10, Marbella '11, Washington '11, Linz '11, Istanbul YEC '11, Opole 25K '11, Pattaya City '12, Tashkent '12, Pune 125k '12, Memphis '13, Carlsbad '13, Marrakech '14, Washington '14
Monzanator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 03:47 PM   #35
country flag End da Game

End da Game is a glorious beacon of light End da Game is a glorious beacon of light End da Game is a glorious beacon of light End da Game is a glorious beacon of light End da Game is a glorious beacon of light End da Game is a glorious beacon of light End da Game is a glorious beacon of light End da Game is a glorious beacon of light End da Game is a glorious beacon of light End da Game is a glorious beacon of light End da Game is a glorious beacon of light

she's finished

pushwanska has more chance of improving herself to become the 4th member of the 'big four' than kvitova has.
End da Game is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 03:49 PM   #36
country flag Crater718

Crater718 is a splendid one to behold Crater718 is a splendid one to behold Crater718 is a splendid one to behold Crater718 is a splendid one to behold Crater718 is a splendid one to behold Crater718 is a splendid one to behold Crater718 is a splendid one to behold Crater718 is a splendid one to behold Crater718 is a splendid one to behold Crater718 is a splendid one to behold Crater718 is a splendid one to behold

Maybe she will never be considered "consistent" in her career? Or at least consistent enough for this forum...
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 03:53 PM   #37
country flag Tenis Srbija

Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute

At the beginning of 2012. I said I don't believe in her. But this is beyond any disbelief I had when it comes to her. She has to take a break or something. Those two GS SFs in 2012. where handed to her on a silver plate, this year she probably won't have that silver plate as an option. She has to change something. This is just getting

Instagram
Tenis Srbija is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 04:00 PM   #38
country flag young_gunner913
Praise thy name.

young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute

Petra was way over hyped on this forum. She was already being touted to be Serena's rival and eventual conqueror. It's a shame for her fans, she's been busy in the bakery making them tons of humble pies to eat instead of committing herself to becoming a better athlete and improving her results. She's out of excuses.
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 04:03 PM   #39
country flag Monzanator
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by young_gunner913 View Post
Petra was way over hyped on this forum. She was already being touted to be Serena's rival and eventual conqueror. It's a shame for her fans, she's been busy in the bakery making them tons of humble pies to eat instead of committing herself to becoming a better athlete and improving her results. She's out of excuses.
All this thanks only to Wimbledon 2011 victory over Maria. If she had beaten any other player the hype wouldn't have been there in first place. But that's nothing new, beating Sharapova in any prestigous match leads into ridiculous bragging from the fanbase. Somehow I.Luv.Kvitty doesn't seem so vocal anymore and quite frankly I'm not surprised.
TT: Winner - (Singles) Tashkent 2012; (Doubles) - (w/Broseghini) Cuneo 100k '10; (w/Peek-A-Boo) Contrexeville 50k '10; (w/JustPetko) Bucharest 75k '10, Nantes 50k '10, Marbella '11, Washington '11, Linz '11, Istanbul YEC '11, Opole 25K '11, Pattaya City '12, Tashkent '12, Pune 125k '12, Memphis '13, Carlsbad '13, Marrakech '14, Washington '14
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 04:07 PM   #40
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's too early to say the "Falling Cometh".

And remember, I've been both one of the biggest supporters (when she was performing well), and critics of Petra and her team (when she and they were not), the past year.

Petra can certainly go the route of a Petrova, Anci and many others, in the dustbin of tennis history. I'm not going to argue against that possibility. However, she's young enough (and relatively new enough to the spotlight), to where she may be able to overcome these things in the next 3mos to two years, once comfortable and properly prepared. We are creatures of the moment, aren't we?

Hopefully, Petra will eventually make the right moves, if she's going through a adjustment period (including recognizing when you need better people around you, and how to take charge of your career). But of course, she looks terrible, and is only 10% of the player she was (if that--even compared to last year), so far this season.

We'll see?
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 04:08 PM   #41
country flag StoneRose

StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute

2011 hype looks even more daft in hindsight.
StoneRose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 04:15 PM   #42
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNCLESILAS View Post
Relax, breath deeply and take it easy Raiden I repeat again for you, as I see you are a bit hard of understanding: she is playing already a bit better, though she is ages from her best, and her fitness, being still awful, has improved a bit since the end of last year, when she could hardly move from side to side. Right now, she is playing with no confidence at all and that is what it shows in her overall game.
And about being serious So, you know then about Petra´s "personnel changes"? I guess you are closely connected with her private circle. Please do us all a favour and tell us all about it, and remove all our doubts Maybe have a nice little chat with her today and tell me all about it, pleeze, and thank you so much. Don´t forget: I am waiting eagerly for your news
The only Personnell changes I'm aware of with Petra, are her new fitness person. And she claims (in Czech interviews), that her new fitness person has messed up her mind, body or strokes. Take your choice. Apparently, Kvitova is not too clear (and has many excuses). SMH

Petra's a current mess. You can throw her team in there as well.

I'm not even going to get into, how they botched the end of last season, which obviously affected Petra's rest, practice and preparation for her current season. They're all guilty.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 04:27 PM   #43
country flag young_gunner913
Praise thy name.

young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monzanator View Post
All this thanks only to Wimbledon 2011 victory over Maria. If she had beaten any other player the hype wouldn't have been there in first place. But that's nothing new, beating Sharapova in any prestigous match leads into ridiculous bragging from the fanbase. Somehow I.Luv.Kvitty doesn't seem so vocal anymore and quite frankly I'm not surprised.
IIRC, the hype became ridiculous after she won the YEC. Because let's not forget that she flopped badly in the US Open Series (back to back embarrassing loses to Petkoshit) and lost in R1 of the Open.
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 04:43 PM   #44
country flag Monzanator
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by young_gunner913 View Post
IIRC, the hype became ridiculous after she won the YEC. Because let's not forget that she flopped badly in the US Open Series (back to back embarrassing loses to Petkoshit) and lost in R1 of the Open.
YEC just confirmed her post-Wimbledon status with the USO drama being blamed on the humidity and asthma. I must admit, I really thought myself that Kvitova will join Serena, Azarenka and Maria as the last of the Top 4. But instead it's Radwanska now. Despite some obnoxious Maria hating from Kvitova's fanbase I can't say I enjoy seeing her fall apart like that. Same happened with Ivanovic whom most of Maria fans despise to this very day. Kvitova's slump only underlines the sorry state of WTA compared even to Henin, Mauresmo and Davenport days. It's no longer about Wozniacki and Zvonareva making GS finals but about Kvitova failing to meet the expectations.
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 04:50 PM   #45
country flag DefyingGravity

DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute

I really hope her career doesn't go the way of Ana's and she becomes this mentally fragile girl. The fight is there. She just needs to build up her confidence and keep it. Draw from the Wimbledon win as an experience.
Seles (9), Clijsters (4), Davenport (3), Testud
DefyingGravity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote