The Falling Cometh: Petra Kvitova - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 17th, 2013, 01:03 PM   #16
country flag dencod16

dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Falling Cometh: Petra Kvitova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shvedbarilescu View Post
Yeah, Petra's place in the top 10, and probably even the top 8 is still relatively secure for the post AO rankings. But unless Petra lifts her game very substantially over the next 3 or 4 months her time in the top 10 isn't going to last that much longer.
She has actually 2 zero pointers in the next month in doha and dubai which can save her from falling far too fast.
dencod16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 17th, 2013, 01:05 PM   #17
country flag Libertango

Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute

I also think it's just as mental as it is physical. She looked desperate/anxious half the time against Robson. Not a good sign. I thought she was going to cry at the end.

I hope she can work it out; she's way too good for her career to be the way it is right now.

Libertango is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 01:06 PM   #18
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

Those 1,500 undefended YEC points may really hurt her, but she will probably stay in top 10. The real shame is that she has received zero points for her brilliant Fed Cup peformances over the last two years - WTA should learn from ATP. One of the few top players who is dedicated to playing for her country in this self-centered sport.
Petronius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 01:09 PM   #19
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperfect Angel View Post
Her form has been abysmal since USO. YEC 2011
Corrected.
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 01:15 PM   #20
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dencod16 View Post
She has actually 2 zero pointers in the next month in doha and dubai which can save her from falling far too fast.
Good point. Really Petra doesn't have that many points to defend until RG. So she does have some time to work her way back into form. She has a pretty decent shot at getting to RG with her top 10 ranking intact. But if her form hasn't improved by then at that point it will start plummenting fast.
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 01:15 PM   #21
country flag C-Woz-A-Rod

C-Woz-A-Rod is a splendid one to behold C-Woz-A-Rod is a splendid one to behold C-Woz-A-Rod is a splendid one to behold C-Woz-A-Rod is a splendid one to behold C-Woz-A-Rod is a splendid one to behold C-Woz-A-Rod is a splendid one to behold C-Woz-A-Rod is a splendid one to behold C-Woz-A-Rod is a splendid one to behold C-Woz-A-Rod is a splendid one to behold C-Woz-A-Rod is a splendid one to behold C-Woz-A-Rod is a splendid one to behold

She is in an awful place right now, she should of never got to that stage against Robson when 3-0 up. Her game is too inconsistent, and her forehand shots are still going all over the place. She had pressure written all over her face, and when she was serving pretty well in that final set, but started hitting those double faults, you could tell that she was cracking.

She has so much potential, and is capable of winning another Grand Slam, but at this moment she is on a massive downward spiral.
C-Woz-A-Rod is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 01:16 PM   #22
country flag John.
Shining like a laser beam!

John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute

She really hasn't much to defend over the next couple of months with the 2 Middle East tournies, and IW & Miami. Hopefully she can pick up some points there.

It's a shame to see her not fulfill the obvious potential she showed in 2011.
John. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 01:16 PM   #23
country flag AndreConrad

AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute

Mathematically she is not "The Falling Comet" yet as several posters have already stated. She has to feel the "gravity", though. She needs to take the time and decide what to do before the effects of the gravity kick in. I agree that metal block has a lot to do with her problem, but it is a physical issue as well. She needs to admit both to herself, otherwise there won't be any improvement.
Bally, Rest In Peace!
AndreConrad is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 01:18 PM   #24
country flag lupojohn
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young 8 View Post
She's never been the same after the loss against Sharapova @Aus Open 12.

No idea why.
Thank you. I've been saying this for a while now. She would've beaten Vika in the final coming off the year she had and that she beat Vika twice in big matches.
lupojohn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 01:20 PM   #25
country flag pastadudde

pastadudde is a name known to all pastadudde is a name known to all pastadudde is a name known to all pastadudde is a name known to all pastadudde is a name known to all pastadudde is a name known to all pastadudde is a name known to all pastadudde is a name known to all pastadudde is a name known to all pastadudde is a name known to all pastadudde is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by lupojohn View Post
Thank you. I've been saying this for a while now. She would've beaten Vika in the final coming off the year she had and that she beat Vika twice in big matches.
Would love to see current Kvitova against Vika lol.........
pastadudde is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 01:20 PM   #26
country flag Mynarco
EIFORYA

Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young 8 View Post
She's never been the same after the loss against Sharapova @Aus Open 12.

No idea why.
Yeh.

Suicide: 08 Montreal 08 Stuttgart 09 USO 11 Eastbourne Stanford 13 Sydney Highest ranked #03
Tennis Tipping: 09 Cincy D 10 Brisbane D Copenhagen SD 11 Palermo D Beijing S 12 Pattaya S Stuttgart Baku D 13 Palermo D 14 Monterrey D(SCHR: 17 DCHR: 10)
Mynarco is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 01:28 PM   #27
country flag fast lefty

fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all

Petra still has a brilliant game. I hope she can find the mental strength. I agree with the poster that something needs to be done about the fed cup. Loyalty to your country should not cost the opportunity of ranking points. Ultimately people will turn their backs on the fed cup and no one will play.
fast lefty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 01:29 PM   #28
country flag Letigre

Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute

Since the UO she has been abysmal, but the ironical thing is that she is playing a bit better and her fitness has also improved, but she is playing on zero confidence and mentally blocked, that´s why she´s lost today. Her body language is awful, even whe she wins. Time to stop and start from zero. Her first goal should be to regain that confidence and start being competitive again. I am afraid she doesn´t believe in herself anymore. She needs to be so much stroger mentally, and of course much fitter too. Right now she needs a big win against a top player, that may be the turning point for her.
Letigre is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 01:41 PM   #29
country flag aloeball

aloeball has a brilliant future aloeball has a brilliant future aloeball has a brilliant future aloeball has a brilliant future aloeball has a brilliant future aloeball has a brilliant future aloeball has a brilliant future aloeball has a brilliant future aloeball has a brilliant future aloeball has a brilliant future aloeball has a brilliant future

Kvitova was shit in 2012 period. It didnt stem from the Sharapova semi final. It was already starting in the Czech tourney and Sydney when she choked cause of being close to he no. 1 ranking and was never the same.

Shes still much more talented than Sharapova will ever be. Just the latter works a lot harder and has to, to compensate.

Petra will fall for sure and whatever, itll give her perspective that she needs to imrpove
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 01:43 PM   #30
country flag netphobia

netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold

I actually thought the fall started at the beginning of 2012 and went from there.

Like other people have said, though – good. She keeps losing and there's no impact on her ranking or anything so maybe if everything starts really sucking she'll try harder to improve it.
petra

maria
domi • sveta • sam • katia • lena • alla • petko
netphobia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote