The Falling Cometh: Petra Kvitova - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 17th, 2013, 12:33 PM   #1
ElusiveChanteuse

ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute
The Falling Cometh: Petra Kvitova

I guess it's the right time to open this thread. Her form has been abysmal since USO.
What has been her problem? The spark she had 2 years ago were no where to be seen.

I still think she has potential to come back but will she be another Sveta/Mary?
ElusiveChanteuse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 17th, 2013, 12:35 PM   #2
country flag pastadudde

pastadudde is a name known to all pastadudde is a name known to all pastadudde is a name known to all pastadudde is a name known to all pastadudde is a name known to all pastadudde is a name known to all pastadudde is a name known to all pastadudde is a name known to all pastadudde is a name known to all pastadudde is a name known to all pastadudde is a name known to all
Re: The Falling Cometh: Petra Kvitova

pastadudde is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 12:36 PM   #3
country flag JarkaFish
Multiform

JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future

Won't this loss take her out of the top 10? Or no?

Anyways she sucks ass.
JarkaFish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 12:36 PM   #4
country flag Young 8

Young 8 has a reputation beyond repute Young 8 has a reputation beyond repute Young 8 has a reputation beyond repute Young 8 has a reputation beyond repute Young 8 has a reputation beyond repute Young 8 has a reputation beyond repute Young 8 has a reputation beyond repute Young 8 has a reputation beyond repute Young 8 has a reputation beyond repute Young 8 has a reputation beyond repute Young 8 has a reputation beyond repute

She's never been the same after the loss against Sharapova @Aus Open 12.

No idea why.
Young 8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 12:38 PM   #5
country flag pastadudde

pastadudde is a name known to all pastadudde is a name known to all pastadudde is a name known to all pastadudde is a name known to all pastadudde is a name known to all pastadudde is a name known to all pastadudde is a name known to all pastadudde is a name known to all pastadudde is a name known to all pastadudde is a name known to all pastadudde is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post

Anyways she sucks ass.
she reached the semis last year.........you do the math lol
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 12:38 PM   #6
country flag eck
Esmerelda

eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute

It all began when she was thisclose to getting world number 1.
She just couldn't handle the thought of that and suffered tremendously since then.
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 12:39 PM   #7
country flag Mattographer
TF's Resident Photographer

Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute

After winning the Wimbledon title, I wasn't convinced that she's the next big thing and I'm right after all

This is my signature. Pretty neat, isn't it?
Mattographer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 12:39 PM   #8
country flag pastadudde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young 8 View Post
She's never been the same after the loss against Sharapova @Aus Open 12.

No idea why.
true. it's like she has a mental block or something
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 12:41 PM   #9
ElusiveChanteuse

ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute

Well she just changed her fitness coach. Perhaps we'll see some improvement in near future? Hopefully.

At least she still knows what she can do.
ElusiveChanteuse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 12:50 PM   #10
country flag StoneRose

StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperfect Angel View Post

Well she just changed her fitness coach. Perhaps we'll see some improvement in near future? Hopefully.

At least she still knows what she can do.
Fitness is an issue but i feel it's mostly mental. Lacking confidence it's really hard to go for those high risk shots.
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 12:51 PM   #11
country flag Boxuan

Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of

Her problem roots in mentality, she needs to learn how to fight if still wants to achieve anything in the future

·┏┻━┓┏━━━┓┏━━━┓┏━━━┓┏━━━┓┏━━━┓
┏┛李娜┣┫·科娃┣┫·郑洁┣┫·莫娜┣┫·彭帅┣┫·斯隆┃
┗◎━◎┛┗◎━◎┛┗◎━◎┛┗◎━◎┛┗◎━◎┛┗◎━◎┛
Boxuan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 12:52 PM   #12
country flag dencod16

dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post

Anyways she sucks ass.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastadudde View Post
she reached the semis last year.........you do the math lol
It doesn't, she will still actually be 8. It will take a semis from Bartoli and a final from Wozniacki for her to drop to 10. She will only drop outside of top 10 if all of this happens Bartoli semis, Wozanicki final, and Ivanovic winning the AO. She was 1300 points ahead of Wozniacki (#10) and will surely finish ahead of Stosur. Her lowest will be 11 by the release of the next ranking.
As of 3rd round
Code:
                        Prev    Defend  Won     New     Semis    Final    Win
KVITOVA, PETRA 	        5085	900	100	4285
STOSUR, SAMANTHA 	4135	5	100	4230
BARTOLI, MARION 	3740	160	160	3740    4480     4980    5580
WOZNIACKI, CAROLINE 	3765	500	160	3425    4165     4665    5165
PETROVA, NADIA 	        3040    100	5	2945
IVANOVIC, ANA 	        2841	280	160	2721    3461     3961    4561

Last edited by dencod16 : Jan 17th, 2013 at 12:58 PM.
dencod16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 12:53 PM   #13
country flag madmax

madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute

and this is the same player, which "smartass heads" of this board proclaimed much more talented than Sharapova not too long ago... Good to see Barktra proving these bandwagoners wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp!ffy View Post
Sharapova is so popular her owns fans have haters.
madmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 12:55 PM   #14
country flag Young 8

Young 8 has a reputation beyond repute Young 8 has a reputation beyond repute Young 8 has a reputation beyond repute Young 8 has a reputation beyond repute Young 8 has a reputation beyond repute Young 8 has a reputation beyond repute Young 8 has a reputation beyond repute Young 8 has a reputation beyond repute Young 8 has a reputation beyond repute Young 8 has a reputation beyond repute Young 8 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax View Post
and this is the same player, which "smartass heads" of this board proclaimed much more talented than Sharapova not too long ago... Good to see Barktra proving these bandwagoners wrong
Being talented and fulfill that talent are two different things.

There are plenty of examples.
Young 8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 12:58 PM   #15
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, Petra's place in the top 10, and probably even the top 8 is still relatively secure for the post AO rankings. But unless Petra lifts her game very substantially over the next 3 or 4 months her time in the top 10 isn't going to last that much longer.