Australian Open 2R - Stephens def. Mladenovic 6-4 6-3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 17th, 2013, 08:44 AM   #1
country flag Vikapower

Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute
Australian Open 2R - Stephens def. Mladenovic 6-4 6-3

Poor, poor match from Kristina (10-37) -- just didn't read the game correctly, like 100% of her opponent's winning shots came from the forehand yet played 70-80% to that side for the same outcome. Served pretty poor too, unfortunate, match was really winnable without even counting the leads she had and gifting them back with poor execution, decision making resulting in rather stupid (avoidable) unforced shots.
Vikapower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 17th, 2013, 08:45 AM   #2
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Australian Open 2R - Stephens def. Kristina 6-4 6-3

Great, Great match from Sloane
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 08:45 AM   #3
country flag supermod

supermod has much to be proud of supermod has much to be proud of supermod has much to be proud of supermod has much to be proud of supermod has much to be proud of supermod has much to be proud of supermod has much to be proud of supermod has much to be proud of supermod has much to be proud of supermod has much to be proud of supermod has much to be proud of

Horrible match (at least the second set).
supermod is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 08:45 AM   #4
country flag Alizé Molik
Championne de Wimbledon 2013

Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute

Sloane is just that step further in her progression.
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 08:47 AM   #5
country flag Lulu.
`

Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute

Sloane.
Lulu. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 08:49 AM   #6
country flag olivero

olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute

I've only seen the second set and it was awful. Sloane needs to pick it up in the next round.
olivero is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 08:50 AM   #7
country flag Lighter

Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future

Limits of Mladenovic's current level. A lot of errors, especially on key points. And this match was really winnable.

As soon as she plays an in form and solid player, she gets lost in straight sets :
- Bartoli USO 2012
- Hradecka Quebec 2012
- Stephens Australian Open 2013
Lighter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 08:51 AM   #8
country flag treufreund

treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute

Mladenovic looks like another brainless ballbasher who needs to improve her movement. Perhaps the heat affected her because at the beginning of the match she was moving well and moving up to short shots, but then at around 4-4 she went away and stopped moving.
treufreund is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 08:56 AM   #9
country flag lupojohn
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute

Sloane's just going about her business. She's made the transition into expecting to win rather than being surprised. Great to see. Next round will be much, much tougher.
lupojohn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 09:04 AM   #10
country flag Sir Stefwhit

Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute

I'm still not ready to drink the Sloane flavored Kool-Aid. She just doesn't impress me and this match did absolutely nothing to make me a believer of hers. Nonetheless I'm happy for her, will continue to root for her, and wish her the best. I do see potential and who knows maybe these wins and her higher ranking will inspire her to take her game to the next level.
The REAL GOAT Rafael Nadal
Future Inductees: Clijsters, C.Evert, A.Agassi, A.Berasategui, N. Zvereva, I.Majoli, M.Safin, Li Na, VIKA, and Del Potro
Sir Stefwhit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 09:37 AM   #11
country flag In The Zone
it's serena, bitch.

In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Australian Open 2R - Stephens def. Mladenovic 6-4 6-3

Don't forget the heat. Hard to be impressive in the heat when you are hot and your opponent is missing every other shot, too. Regardless of who wins in Laura vs. Petra, Sloane has a good look at a QF run here.
In The Zone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 09:48 AM   #12
country flag Sir Stefwhit

Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by In The Zone View Post
Don't forget the heat. Hard to be impressive in the heat when you are hot and your opponent is missing every other shot, too. Regardless of who wins in Laura vs. Petra, Sloane has a good look at a QF run here.
I actually wasn't considering the heat, so that excuses the listlessness and all around bad play from both. Even-still, I've seen enough matches from her to get a feel for her game. Still room for lots of improvement, but agreed that against either opponent in the next round she's got a real good shot.
The REAL GOAT Rafael Nadal
Future Inductees: Clijsters, C.Evert, A.Agassi, A.Berasategui, N. Zvereva, I.Majoli, M.Safin, Li Na, VIKA, and Del Potro
Sir Stefwhit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 09:49 AM   #13
country flag V-MAC
blurring the lines between the real and the fake

V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lupojohn View Post
Sloane's just going about her business. She's made the transition into expecting to win rather than being surprised. Great to see. Next round will be much, much tougher.
Yeah she seems to have reached that stage of just making winning a habit, even from ugly matches.
Good for her.
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 10:10 AM   #14
country flag Igorche

Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute

Kristina

Tennis Tipping
TITLES
Singles:
2012: CH Quanzhou, CH Charlottesville
Doubles: 2011: CH Antalya (W/coolfish1103) 2013: CH Andrezieux-Boutheon (W/kfh_9118) 2014: WTA Linz, CH Asuncion (W/kfh_9118), CH Ankara (W/Michael!)
Igorche is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 10:53 AM   #15
country flag jimmy_the_greek
*TENNIS NSW PLAYER*

jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future

Well done Sloane!
jimmy_the_greek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote