Is Zheng Jie the best player in the 21st century to have NOT made the Top 10? - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 17th, 2013, 08:24 AM   #46
country flag Sombrerero loco

Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Is Zheng Jie the best player in the 21st century to have NOT made the Top 10?

no, its Alize Cornet
Sombrerero loco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 17th, 2013, 08:36 AM   #47
country flag caros defender

caros defender is a name known to all caros defender is a name known to all caros defender is a name known to all caros defender is a name known to all caros defender is a name known to all caros defender is a name known to all caros defender is a name known to all caros defender is a name known to all caros defender is a name known to all caros defender is a name known to all caros defender is a name known to all
Re: Is Zheng Jie the best player in the 21st century to have NOT made the Top 10?

She's just not consistent enough.
caros defender is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 09:39 AM   #48
country flag fast lefty

fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all

Lucie Safarova is,was pretty good.
fast lefty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 12:06 PM   #49
country flag longtin23

longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future

She is. But she can only beat good players, when she play some crapy players, she play crapy as well...

V.Williams Zheng Peng Zhang Pavlyuchenkova Cornet Larsson
Mladenovic Garcia Wickmayer
longtin23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 01:11 PM   #50
ElusiveChanteuse

ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute

Don't think she's the best player but definitely the greatest player not to reach top 10 with her 2 slam semis performances.
ElusiveChanteuse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 01:12 PM   #51
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
I think two Slam SFs and Jie's wins are better than anything Shaughnessy ever did. I'd say Jie or Cibulkova.
Yeah but Shaughnessy peaked in the women's golden era, has a Tier II, she was ranked number 11 (almost made it to the top 10), which is much better than number 15, and she defeated very good players playing well and again in tennis' golden era, like Venus, Seles, Dokic, Henin or Serena near their peaks, while Zheng got to her 2 Slams semifinals beating scrubs or slumping players like Ivanovic post Roland Garros

R.I.P. Bally
Sammo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote