Is Zheng Jie the best player in the 21st century to have NOT made the Top 10? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 16th, 2013, 05:01 PM   #1
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute
Is Zheng Jie the best player in the 21st century to have NOT made the Top 10?

dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 16th, 2013, 05:02 PM   #2
country flag The Dawntreader
La Divina Assoluta

The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Is Zheng Jie the best player in the 21st century to have NOT made the Top 10?

No.
The Dawntreader is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2013, 05:03 PM   #3
country flag KournikovaFan91
*Sesil*

KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Is Zheng Jie the best player in the 21st century to have NOT made the Top 10?

Surely that's Cornet or Peer

They were so close

Léigh anois go cúramach ar do scrúdpháipéar na treoracha agus na ceisteanna a gahbann le cuid A
KournikovaFan91 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2013, 05:08 PM   #4
country flag NA-GOAT

NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute

dan

yes she is because everytime she got a GS SF in her ranking, she got injured in the year afterward and could not maximize her point potential

the people saying that Cornet and Peer are better than Jie just because they vultured in a weak time to get to #11 or #12
Tennis Tipping GOATS - HAOCHEN-GOAT SAISAI-GOAT
Tennis Tipping Golden Flower GOATS - GoofyDuck Imperfect Angel M.P silverwhite
Tennis Tipping Non-Chinese Faves - Adrian. AYUMI-GOAT coolfish1103 Frederik Igorche kfh_9118 Michael! MikBs peanuts Sabinator valac222
NA-GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2013, 05:09 PM   #5
country flag alexjones

alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold

zheng zie is overrated, she was slaughtered by laura robson and gaungzhou last year.
alexjones is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2013, 05:09 PM   #6
country flag KournikovaFan91
*Sesil*

KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute

Ehh I was taking the piss hence the smileys.

Léigh anois go cúramach ar do scrúdpháipéar na treoracha agus na ceisteanna a gahbann le cuid A
KournikovaFan91 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2013, 05:14 PM   #7
country flag toxina90

toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute

Due to her ability to come back from injury and defeat top players and consistently push them, I'd say perhaps one of them. I think if she'd beaten Serena in one of those encounters, definitely.

Her serve is always a weakness, but her flat shots and court coverage when on are up there and better than some of the top ten. She just needs to be more consistent, which isn't saying much, to justify this claim, as she does often push top players to the brink if not beat them

Zakopalova~Dulko~Paszek~Pironkova~Clijsters~Golovi n~K.Bondarenko~Bouchard~Tsurenko

Schiavone~Li~Petkovic~Perebiynis~Mirza~Morigami~Fe dak~Wickmayer~Peer
toxina90 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2013, 05:16 PM   #8
country flag Boxuan

Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of

I hope this thread won't lead to a bashing of Little Jie.

Personally I think she could be one of them, hard to tell. She still lacks of certain things to become a top player: serve, power, variety and luck.

·┏┻━┓┏━━━┓┏━━━┓┏━━━┓┏━━━┓┏━━━┓
┏┛李娜┣┫·科娃┣┫·郑洁┣┫·伊万┣┫·彭帅┣┫·杨科┃
┗◎━◎┛┗◎━◎┛┗◎━◎┛┗◎━◎┛┗◎━◎┛┗◎━◎┛
Boxuan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2013, 05:20 PM   #9
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake Ramoray View Post

Personally I think she could be one of them, hard to tell. She still lacks of certain things to become a top player: serve, power, variety and luck.
No, I was actually being serious I genuinely can't think of anyone else who's made 2 Slam semis and not made the top 10, plus she has... what... 5 titles on top of that? And quite a lot of big wins.

And in terms of game, I really don't see what Kerber does that Zheng can't also do (at her best).
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2013, 05:21 PM   #10
country flag The Dawntreader
La Divina Assoluta

The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake Ramoray View Post

Indeed.

She's far too match-up orientated too against the very best players. Some of them she matches up hideously against. Plus there's the general weaknesses, lack of raw pace on the first serve, harmless second serve, the lack of a consistently killer first strike. Etc, etc.

She has terrific footwork, beautiful timing, especially when deflecting pace, but it's just not enough to be a top 10 player.
The Dawntreader is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2013, 05:24 PM   #11
country flag overrule

overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold

She probably is - at least in the 21st century. However, that's like saying saying someone makes the best clam chowder in Alabama
overrule is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2013, 05:25 PM   #12
moby

moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute

Well, the thread is not about whether she should be a top 10 player, but whether she is the best player never to be in the top 10. Those are different statements.

I think she might be, yeah. But who is the competition anyway? Maybe Cibulkova and Lisicki. Actually it's probably Cibulkova.
Love long has taken for his amulet/One perfect rose.
Why is it no one ever sent me yet/One perfect limousine, do you suppose?
Ah no, it's always just my luck to get/One perfect rose.
moby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2013, 05:30 PM   #13
country flag Bismarck.

Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute

No iTs GoLovIN!!!!!11!!!1
Bismarck. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2013, 05:32 PM   #14
country flag In The Zone
it's serena, bitch.

In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute

I agree, 100%.
In The Zone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2013, 05:40 PM   #15
country flag Boxuan

Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
No, I was actually being serious I genuinely can't think of anyone else who's made 2 Slam semis and not made the top 10, plus she has... what... 5 titles on top of that? And quite a lot of big wins.

And in terms of game, I really don't see what Kerber does that Zheng can't also do (at her best).
You know the problem for the Chinese players is, they didn't have a very proper training when they were young, and they didn't get many (sometimes hardly any) chances to play in youth events like Western teens could do. So eventually when they finally figure out how to play a match, they found themselves over 25 or near 30, and can't play that many events a year like younger girls because of declined stamina and accumulated injuries. And you can't get enough points to join that club without playing enough events unless your name is Serena W or Maria S.

·┏┻━┓┏━━━┓┏━━━┓┏━━━┓┏━━━┓┏━━━┓
┏┛李娜┣┫·科娃┣┫·郑洁┣┫·伊万┣┫·彭帅┣┫·杨科┃
┗◎━◎┛┗◎━◎┛┗◎━◎┛┗◎━◎┛┗◎━◎┛┗◎━◎┛
Boxuan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote