Matches of the Week - 2013 - Page 10 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 9th, 2013, 05:49 AM   #136
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Matches of the Week - 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickshoes510 View Post
It looks like USC will defeat UCLA after the rain delay.

UCLA won the doubles point at the 2nd and 3rd positions
USC won easily at courts 1 and 3
UCLA won at court 6
It looks like USC might win the remaining singles at 2, 4, and 5

I hope UCLA switches their singles lineup. This is what I would do: 1) Robin, 2) Kyle, 3) Pam, 4) Ray, 5) Cat, 6) Chanelle, 7) Courtney
Shouldn't this be on a Pac 12 thread?

Just saw the score. UCLA is still not full power, since Ray isn't playing.
And I doubt Kyle will play higher than Pam, you know the 'senior tradition' and...you know, UCLA wants to win a sure-fire #3

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 9th, 2013, 11:40 AM   #137
country flag slickshoes510

slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
Shouldn't this be on a Pac 12 thread?

Just saw the score. UCLA is still not full power, since Ray isn't playing.
And I doubt Kyle will play higher than Pam, you know the 'senior tradition' and...you know, UCLA wants to win a sure-fire #3
Someone said in another thread how these posts should be put on the Matches of the Week thread, didn't they?
slickshoes510 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2013, 04:30 PM   #138
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickshoes510 View Post
Someone said in another thread how these posts should be put on the Matches of the Week thread, didn't they?
That was between Pac-12 and SEC teams, Me, I enjoy the posts in any thread.
2nd_serve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11th, 2013, 12:31 AM   #139
country flag slickshoes510

slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light

No. 20 Stanford 7, No. 38 Texas 0

DOUBLES
1) Ahn/Gibbs (STAN) d. No. 12 Addison/Scott (TEXAS) 8-4
2) Tan/Tsay (STAN) d. Begley/Ellis (TEXAS) 8-3
3) Natalie Dillon/Hardebeck (STAN) d. Lana Groenvynck/Padegimaite (TEXAS) 8-2
Order of Finish: 2, 1, 3

SINGLES
1) No. 87 Nicole Gibbs (STAN) d. No. 28 Aeriel Ellis (TEXAS) 2-6, 6-4, 1-0 (10-1)
2) No. 48 Kristie Ahn (STAN) d. No. 35 Breaunna Addison (TEXAS) 6-4, 7-5
3) No. 14 Krista Hardebeck (STAN) d. Noel Scott (TEXAS) 6-2, 6-1
4) No. 103 Stacey Tan (STAN) d. Elizabeth Begley (TEXAS) 6-3, 6-2
5) No. 31 Ellen Tsay (STAN) d. Lina Padegimaite (TEXAS) 6-3, 6-3
6) Natalie Dillon (STAN) d. Juliana Gajic (TEXAS) 6-4, 6-1
Order of Finish: 4, 3, 5, 6, 1, 2
slickshoes510 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12th, 2013, 08:08 PM   #140
country flag Embittered

Embittered has disabled reputation

Sense of humour from the Houston twitter feed (Houston v Manhattan at the BJKNTC).
Quote:
Originally Posted by @UHCougarTennis
Official announced attendance today is 5 including surprise visitor Janet Keene, mum of @JoKeene1
Embittered is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12th, 2013, 11:03 PM   #141
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all

Georgia Downs No. 15 Notre Dame, 6-1
Link to Georgia story
2nd_serve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2013, 07:42 PM   #142
country flag Embittered

Embittered has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by @UNC_wtennis
Texas Tech takes a 2-0 lead with a 6-1, 6-2 victory on court four. UNC leads on all five remaining courts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by @UNC_wtennis
Price gets Carolina on the board with a 6-2, 6-4 victory on court five.
Since I have to add some content of my own to be allowed to post, hoping Liz was playing at 4...

EDIT:
Quote:
De Bruycker wins 6-2, 6-4 on court three to push UNC to within one win of securing the dual.
Oh
Quote:
Whitney Kay has a knack for clinching matches and she does it again today with a 6-2, 6-2 win on court three. UNC 4, TTU 2.
Fun while it lasted
Embittered is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16th, 2013, 02:29 AM   #143
UFGatorFan

UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light

Results
No. 60 Indiana 4, No. 2 Duke 2

Singles
1. Leslie Hureau def No. 35 Ester Goldfeld 3-6, 6-0, 6-2
2. Katie Klyczek def No. 16 Hanna Mar 3-6, 6-4, 6-3
3. Carolyn Chupa def No. 88 Mary Clayton 5-7, 7-5, 6-3
4. Alecia Kauss and Annie Mulholland DNF 4-6, 6-2, 5-5
5. No. 84 Marianne Jodoin def Sophie Garre 6-3, 5-7, 6-0
6. IU win by default

Doubles
1. No. 35 Mar/Goldfeld def No. 52 Hureau/Garre 8-6
2. Mulholland/Jodoin def Kauss/Murdy 8-4
3. IU won by default
UFGatorFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16th, 2013, 02:46 AM   #144
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Another random result? Who is Katie Klycek?? Chupa too for that matter. Even #5 Garre pushed Marianne to 3

Now which conference was indiana in?

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Old Mar 16th, 2013, 03:00 AM   #145
country flag CTSEMT

CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
Another random result? Who is Katie Klycek?? Chupa too for that matter. Even #5 Garre pushed Marianne to 3
I'm not sure what is more random - this result or the fact that Duke and Indiana scheduled at dual match in Las Vegas? Was there originally supposed to be another team there or something?

Indiana is certainly under-ranked, a top 40 team at least, but this is still a pretty bad loss for Duke especially after winning doubles and the first set on every singles court.

I guess Turewicz is injured now? Time to find a walk-on...
CTSEMT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16th, 2013, 03:51 AM   #146
country flag fantic

I actually wanted to go to Las Vegas to watch that match if Trice was playing Still should've gone?

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Mar 16th, 2013, 04:22 AM   #147
country flag fantic

Big guests are descending on San Diego on Sunday;

NEB at USD 10am
CAL at SDSU 12pm

You gotta luv the time difference, maybe I can watch both

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Mar 16th, 2013, 04:43 AM   #148
country flag Amalgamate

Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTSEMT View Post
I'm not sure what is more random - this result or the fact that Duke and Indiana scheduled at dual match in Las Vegas? Was there originally supposed to be another team there or something?

Indiana is certainly under-ranked, a top 40 team at least, but this is still a pretty bad loss for Duke especially after winning doubles and the first set on every singles court.

She's out for the season. I believe she tore her ACL. Duke is going to have to take someone from the club team I imagine.
Amalgamate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16th, 2013, 06:07 AM   #149
country flag fantic

Monica Duke SO luckless this season..

By the way, does anyone know WHERE Okl St. and Illinois are playing on Tuesday? The schedules just says San Diego, that's all

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Mar 16th, 2013, 05:36 PM   #150
country flag johnnytennis

johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTSEMT View Post

I think it's a combination of both. Indiana is better then their ranking. Just look at some of the loses they really should have won! On the other hand, I think Duke is the most over-rated team in the country just like their Men's basketball team!
johnnytennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote