Wimbledon 2013 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 3rd, 2013, 04:32 PM   #1
country flag Joe.

Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute
Wimbledon 2013

Not long now

Any predictions when it comes to Wildcards?

Assuming Elena uses her SR for the tournament, I find it hard to see the Wildcards going to anyone else other than the following:

1) Johanna Konta (British #3 and although she hasn't been playing very well this year, her getting a Wildcard is a sure thing.)
2) Anne Keothavong (Won a $50k title a few weeks ago and seems to be returning to form.)
3) Tara Moore (Cracked the top 200 this year and has played very well- apart from her recent trip to Thailand)
4) Samantha Murray (If she maintains a top 250 ranking- been in poor form recently and slipped just outside the top 250- hopefully she'll return to it.)
5) Lisa Whybourn (Close to top 250, I think she'll make it in a few weeks.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 3rd, 2013, 10:16 PM   #2
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Wimbledon 2013

The young girls should get WCs.. Katy Dunne, Harriet Dart, Katie Boutler... Wouldn't they be eligible?
Old May 3rd, 2013, 11:09 PM   #3
country flag pesto

pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of

Isn't Elena using her SR in Paris?

Surely she wouldn't use it here anyway - bound to get a wc, and rightly so, since she has got through the first round more often than not.

I don't think there are any youngsters making enough of a splash for the AELTC to relax the 250 rule. I don't really think there are even any who are doing well enough for a QWC.
pesto is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2013, 10:23 AM   #4
country flag Ricardo89

Ricardo89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi everyone, these are my predictions

Main draw WC:
1) Jo Konta - obvious choice, did well last year and I feel even though she hasn't had the greatest years so far, I do feel she will pick her game up when it comes to grass

2) Anne Keothavong - again hasn't had the greatest year but if this is her last Wimbledon then I think she will go out with a bang

3) Tara Moore - has had the best season of her career so far and is now in the top 200, could see her doing some damage on the grass

4) Elena Baltacha - just coming back from surgery, however she loves playing on home soil so think she could do well

5 & 6) Samantha Murray & Lisa Whybourn - I really think these 2 will receive wildcards this year as they are having ok seasons and they are banging on that 250 door and I would love to see them there like Emily Webley-Smith a couple of years ago when she really pushed Klara Zakopalova out of no where I really feel these two could do that as well. I do also think they will relax the 250 rule for these two if they do not make it, cause they are so close and still quite young

Qualifying WC:

1) Naomi Broady - she loves grass and has had fab results on it, could defo see her qualifying, If she gets the right draw

2) Emily Webley-Smith - still have belief in her that she can do something, and she loves the surface

3) Jade Windley - has had great results on the surface(Eastbourne)

4/5/6/7) playoff places could be any of:

Mel South
Anna smith - i think she will get one
Lucy brown - I think she will get one of them
Anna Fitzpatrick
Nicola slater - if she plays
Sabrina bamburac
Francesca Stephenson
Harriet dart
Laura deigman
Danielle konotopseva

8) I think this will also go a Brit as the Wimbledon junior winner of last year is already in main draw Eugenie Bouchard

Please let me know your thoughts

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Ricardo89 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2013, 10:24 AM   #5
country flag Ricardo89

Omg I forgot to say Katy Dunne as well

Old May 8th, 2013, 05:34 PM   #6
country flag Ricardo89

I don't know about everyone else but seeing what the Brits have done in the last couple of weeks - Lisa Whybourn getting to a final In Thailand, and now Samantha Murray and Jade Windley are into the quarterfinal of the tournament in Johannesburg- gets me a tad excited for the grass season and also both Lisa and Samantha must now be guaranteed a main draw WC each for Wimbledon even if they are not 250 as they are both young and are showing real potential and tennis fans like myself will love seeing them on a televised court at Wimbledon that's what it's all about

What do people think?

Old May 11th, 2013, 06:09 PM   #7
country flag scottie1

scottie1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Wild cards Konta Baltacha Keothavong and Moore definitely in main draw I think Murray if she remains in top 250. Lisa has points to come off so I think there is a doubt there.

QWC Naomi Broady Lisa Whyburn Anna Smith Katie Dunne Jade Windley.

I would let Mel South And Emily Webley Smith go through the QC play offs to be honest I think both are past their best and probably younger players deserve a chance
scottie1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2013, 10:17 PM   #8
country flag Ricardo89

I really do still think Lisa Whybourn will receive a MDWC, yeah I get she has points to come of next week but she is now playing 2 25k tournaments in thailand and I feel the way she is playing and she obviously has had this week to get used to the conditions she is capable of reaching the semis and if she does that in both then she will be in that top 250 even with those points taken off

Old May 20th, 2013, 03:13 PM   #9
country flag vaslav37

vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice

Is Keothavong retiring this year?
vaslav37 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2013, 05:41 PM   #10
country flag Joe.

Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute

After a disappointing Roland Garros it's time to get excited about Wimbledon and the grass-court season!!

Is anyone going to watch any British events this year? Don't think I'm going to get to Eastbourne this year Might go up to Wimbledon to queue for ground passes though.
Old Jun 5th, 2013, 09:49 AM   #11
country flag vaslav37

vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice

Just realised that Baltacha and Keothavong will both be out of the top 200 next Monday after losing early in Nottingham.
vaslav37 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2013, 11:33 AM   #12
country flag WIMBY

WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of

EVENT 3: LADIES’ SINGLES
Elena Baltacha
Anne Keothavong
Johanna Konta
Tara Moore
Samantha Murray

EVENT 4: LADIES’ DOUBLES
Anne Keothavong & Johanna Konta
Tara Moore & Melanie South
Sam Murray & Jade Windley
Nicola Slater & Lisa Whybourn

QUALIFYING LADIES’ SINGLES

1. BROADY, Naomi (GBR)

2. CARRERAS, Amanda (GBR)

3. WHYBOURN, Lisa (GBR)

4. Wild card Play-off place

5. Wild card Play-off place

6. To be announced

7. To be announced

8. To be announced

6 Singles titles and 24 Doubles titles, 3rd rnd 2012 & 1/4 Final 07 Wimbledon Mixed Doubles, Round 2 Wimbledon 06

"You have to dream big and go for it. Surround yourself with people who believe in you and ignore those who try to bring you down. Never give up, no matter what - overcoming obstacles makes you stronger." "If it is to be, it is up to me".
WIMBY is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25th, 2013, 06:32 PM   #13
country flag Joe.

Only 1 Brit through to the second round....and it's Laura who was playing a Top 10 Player