Who wins Australian Open? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Who wins Australian Open?

Sara Errani and Roberta Vinci 2 4.17%
Andrea Hlavackova and Lucie Hradecka 1 2.08%
Maria Kirilenko and Lisa Raymond 4 8.33%
Ekaterina Makarova and Elena Vesnina 2 4.17%
Nadia Petrova and Katarina Srebotnik 4 8.33%
Liezel Huber and Maria Jose Martinez Sanchez 1 2.08%
Vania King and Yaroslava Shvedova 1 2.08%
Bethanie Mattek-Sands and Sania Mirza 1 2.08%
Serena Williams and Venus Williams 30 62.50%
Others 2 4.17%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jan 14th, 2013, 12:55 AM   #1
country flag pwayne

pwayne has much to be proud of pwayne has much to be proud of pwayne has much to be proud of pwayne has much to be proud of pwayne has much to be proud of pwayne has much to be proud of pwayne has much to be proud of pwayne has much to be proud of pwayne has much to be proud of pwayne has much to be proud of pwayne has much to be proud of
Who wins Australian Open?

Williams Sisters are back in action. I wonder will they go for the calendar Slam? Will another unexpected team win in 2013 like Kuznetsova and Zvonareva did in 2012?

See attached link for draw : http://www.tennisforum.com/showthrea...9#post22857609
Advertisement

Old Jan 14th, 2013, 01:23 AM   #2
country flag joeh37

joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of
Re: Who wins Australian Open?

Off of clay I think you must always expect the Williams sisters to win a doubles tournament.
However if they do lose, there are many teams who are capable of winning this.
Aside from Williams' I think Vesnina/Makarova will be dangers, especially now Elena has broken her singles title duck.

Thankyou for years of service to British tennis

@Joeh_37
joeh37 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 01:37 AM   #3
country flag Potato

Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute

I think Petrova is gunning for it this year.
Potato is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 01:39 AM   #4
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute

^I agree. Any slam though, Serenus are the favorites. If they lose, it'd be to Petrova/Srebotnik or Vesnina/Makarova only IMO. But Srebotnik I feel doesn't have much of anything to hurt Serenus and I don't think Makarova would have the guts to beat Serenus in a SF. But also Serenus could just have a shit day too.

I'd say:
1. Serenus
2. Hlavackova/Hradecka
3. Errani/Vinci
4. Petrova/Srebotnik
5. Vesnina/Makarova

Uranium is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 02:51 AM   #5
country flag Alarmed

Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future

Srebotnik...FO 2008...

Go Serenus!

Oldest #1 in WTA history
Alarmed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 06:42 AM   #6
country flag *Jool*

*Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute

hopefully Petrova/Srebotnik but I doubt that .. Williams will probably take it ..

KATA - AMG -
APS

Serena- Garcia- Hercog- KDK- Daniilidou- Puig- Muguruza...

*Jool* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 06:45 AM   #7
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute

Easy answer.
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 07:19 AM   #8
country flag Yashal

Yashal has much to be proud of Yashal has much to be proud of Yashal has much to be proud of Yashal has much to be proud of Yashal has much to be proud of Yashal has much to be proud of Yashal has much to be proud of Yashal has much to be proud of Yashal has much to be proud of Yashal has much to be proud of Yashal has much to be proud of

Hopefully the winner of the first quarter. It's so packed

Giorgi - Konjuh - Kvitova - Lisicki - Muguruza - Li - Pennetta - Serena - Venus - Vinci
Yashal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 11:14 AM   #9
country flag Libertango

Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute

If not Venus and Serena I'd love to see Lucie/Andrea win another big title. They lost the last four major finals in a row last year (W, USO, Olympics, YEC)

Libertango is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 02:53 PM   #10
country flag ZeroSumGame

ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future

Individually Venus is playing & serving better, expect her to add that to their doubles matches ..they'll be looking for some kinda revenge against Petrova/partner following USO12 loss
ZeroSumGame is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 03:34 PM   #11
country flag kwilliams

kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute

Let's go Team Williams! I really want them to qualify for and win the doubles YEC this year!

http://flickr.com/photos/keithmaguire/
kwilliams is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 07:35 PM   #12
country flag Lulu.
`

Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute

Williams/Williams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilliams View Post
I really want them to qualify for and win the doubles YEC this year!
Agreed. Only title they haven't won.

|||||||||||||||||||||||
Lulu. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 08:57 PM   #13
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute

^Winning the YEC this year and winning 8 more slams, 4 of which in a calendar year, should be their goals in Doubles.

Uranium is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2013, 04:40 AM   #14
country flag davidmario

davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute

With Serena's recent ankle twist I could imagine she skips the doubles. When converting BPs and MPs, Peschke/Grönefeld are super super strong! I'd go with them
Old Jan 15th, 2013, 07:51 AM   #15
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmario View Post
With Serena's recent ankle twist I could imagine she skips the doubles. When converting BPs and MPs, Peschke/Grönefeld are super super strong! I'd go with them
She hasn't pulled out though and she said it was fine.