Who will be #1 after the AO? - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Who will be #1 after the AO?

Serena Williams, currently #3, starting AO with 9475 78 70.27%
Viktoria Azarenka, currently #1, starting AO with 8330 10 9.01%
Maria Sharapova, currently #2, starting AO with 8650 23 20.72%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jan 12th, 2013, 08:56 PM   #16
dragonflies

dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Who will be #1 after the AO?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian. View Post
I think Serena has the biggest chances to become #1 after AO.
Vika actually might fall from 1 to 3
Masha staying #2 forever
Aga has slim chances to break into Top 3 with a SF/RU and one of the other girls losing early

Aga needs to get to at least the Finals to have a chance moving up, even when one of the top 3 loses early. She won't surpass Serena even if she wins the title and Serena loses early.
dragonflies is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 12th, 2013, 08:57 PM   #17
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

It´s gonna be Serena. Only scenario she doesn´t become #1 is, if Vika beats her in the semifinal and Maria beats Vika in the final.

Btw I order four weeks of trolling about real #1, if Serena becomes #1 with a semifinal loss and Vika wins the title.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2013, 09:11 PM   #18
country flag acetoace

acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
What will your reaction be when, inspite of your waffling about Azarenka being in a different league to Maria, Maria will almost certainly be ranked ahead of Vika in 2 weeks' time? (Serena only needs to make the semis I think and then Azarenka loses #1 no matter what.)
Time will tell about that. Pova must still win matches to retain her ranking. While she may do so, it's also very likely to not be the case. Losing in R3 will definately keep Vika in 2. Personally, that is the outcome I'm looking forward to. I don't want pova retaining 2 since that is what she is counting on to avoid Serena till final in every tournament they both enter. Will be great to see her in 3 so Serena can have at her repeatedly as a counter to what the system did to Vika to this point.

When pova is 3, no more finals for her (barring any injury to da Queen or Vika)
acetoace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2013, 09:28 PM   #19
country flag Flavia P.

Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of

Serena will probably be #1 but I'll be majorly unimpressed if Maria gets #2 over Vika. Vika is the clear cut second best player in the world.
Old Jan 12th, 2013, 09:28 PM   #20
country flag MyskinaManiac

MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future MyskinaManiac has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenaSlam. View Post
Sarin. Bye, bitches.
MyskinaManiac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2013, 10:15 PM   #21
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Maria, where she belongs.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 02:41 PM   #22
country flag Adrian.
Let's have a kiki!

Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like it really will be Rena

Adrian. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 05:44 PM   #23
country flag VIKANADAL01

VIKANADAL01 is a name known to all VIKANADAL01 is a name known to all VIKANADAL01 is a name known to all VIKANADAL01 is a name known to all VIKANADAL01 is a name known to all VIKANADAL01 is a name known to all VIKANADAL01 is a name known to all VIKANADAL01 is a name known to all VIKANADAL01 is a name known to all VIKANADAL01 is a name known to all VIKANADAL01 is a name known to all

serena she has the less points to defend...
VIKANADAL01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 05:47 PM   #24
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

neaither Stephens nor Azarenka will stop Serena, so she'll become #1 for reaching AO Final

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

33 WTA titles , including 13 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 05:50 PM   #25
country flag JCNALI

JCNALI is a name known to all JCNALI is a name known to all JCNALI is a name known to all JCNALI is a name known to all JCNALI is a name known to all JCNALI is a name known to all JCNALI is a name known to all JCNALI is a name known to all JCNALI is a name known to all JCNALI is a name known to all JCNALI is a name known to all

Serena, but I have a strange feeling abput Maria..
JCNALI is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 05:56 PM   #26
country flag selesbooz

selesbooz has a brilliant future selesbooz has a brilliant future selesbooz has a brilliant future selesbooz has a brilliant future selesbooz has a brilliant future selesbooz has a brilliant future selesbooz has a brilliant future selesbooz has a brilliant future selesbooz has a brilliant future selesbooz has a brilliant future selesbooz has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by acetoace View Post
Time will tell about that. Pova must still win matches to retain her ranking. While she may do so, it's also very likely to not be the case. Losing in R3 will definately keep Vika in 2. Personally, that is the outcome I'm looking forward to. I don't want pova retaining 2 since that is what she is counting on to avoid Serena till final in every tournament they both enter. Will be great to see her in 3 so Serena can have at her repeatedly as a counter to what the system did to Vika to this point.

What a great classy post. Your tennis IQ is top notch.
selesbooz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 05:58 PM   #27
country flag selesbooz

selesbooz has a brilliant future selesbooz has a brilliant future selesbooz has a brilliant future selesbooz has a brilliant future selesbooz has a brilliant future selesbooz has a brilliant future selesbooz has a brilliant future selesbooz has a brilliant future selesbooz has a brilliant future selesbooz has a brilliant future selesbooz has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by acetoace View Post

What a great classy post. Your tennis IQ is top notch.
selesbooz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 06:09 PM   #28
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCNALI View Post
Serena, but I have a strange feeling abput Maria..
Even if Maria were to beat Serena in the final, Serena would be #1.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 06:21 PM   #29
country flag Joe.

Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenaSlam. View Post
Sarin. Bye, bitches.
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 06:46 PM   #30
country flag Linguae^

Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future

Everyone but Serena in this situation is Disrespectful.
Linguae^ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote