Australian Open 2013 - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 16th, 2013, 12:40 PM   #46
country flag Ziva

Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future
Re: Australian Open 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Aberdon View Post
Interesting more people are pointing to the mental aspect - something I mentioned previously (last year) but got vilified by one or two other posters on here for even daring to suggest it. 'Sabine's problem is not mental'.....

Isn't it?
It's all mental and always has been....

2013 Good Girl: Petra Kvitova
GG Race: Jankovic(+), Pironkova(F), Pennetta, Pavlyuchenkova(+), Halep(F), Ivanovic(MPbonus),Torro-Flor, Serena, CSN, Garcia, Cetkovska, Pliskova, Discount Sharapova(OD), Keys(F),Discount Sharapova, Serena, Venus, Wozniacki, Bencic(3ROD), Ivanovic
Ziva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 16th, 2013, 03:14 PM   #47
country flag angliru

angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute

According to Danish medias, Sabine will enter mixed doubles with Danish player Frederik L. Nielsen. Apparently Frederik put up an ad searching for a mixed partner when he lost the 1st round in men's doubles. Sabine replyed positively.

Frederik won the men's doubles at Wimbledon 2012. GL!

Last edited by angliru : Jan 16th, 2013 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Link etc. added...
angliru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2013, 04:38 PM   #48
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute

That would be fun

Andrea Petkovic - Sara Errani - Jarka Gajdosova - Alizé Cornet
Dorien. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2013, 09:09 PM   #49
country flag Schnffy

Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of

@sabinelisicki
Good morning :-) I'm quiet disappointed with my match the other day. Will learn from it and keep going! I know I can do much better...
Schnffy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2013, 09:12 PM   #50
country flag Schnffy

Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of

@sabinelisicki
A surprise happened yesterday... I got into mixed doubles & will be partnering up with Freddy Nielsen #aussieopennotoveryet #morematches

Schnffy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 04:08 AM   #51
country flag Geekking

Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of

I don't care mixed doubles, it is just to earn little money and have fun when you are kicked out of the tournament
Geekking is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 08:38 AM   #52
country flag Beaumont

Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all

I'm not sure why she's bothering with that

Mixed doubles is a way to earn money for players who are too crap to make a living as a singles player, or it's a bit of practice for players still in the singles draw

She should be on the plane, looking for ways to address her issues
Beaumont is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 10:42 AM   #53
country flag Mike81

Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute

I honestly don't know about her partner. Not sure what chance she has of going far, maybe she should just focus on singles.

SABINE LISICKI- Wimbledon Quarter Finalist and Hong Kong Champion 2014!!

GENIE BOUCHARD- Australian Open Semi Finalist, French Open Semi Finalist, Wimbledon Finalist and Nuremburg Champion 2014!!
Mike81 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 12:44 PM   #54
country flag Ziva

Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaumont View Post
I'm not sure why she's bothering with that

Mixed doubles is a way to earn money for players who are too crap to make a living as a singles player, or it's a bit of practice for players still in the singles draw

She should be on the plane, looking for ways to address her issues
What could she do home in Florida to get rid of the choking in Two Weeks time ?
Playing some matches is never a bad thing and only happy Bine is winnig matches. Even a won Mixed match is a good thing now.

And do not forget, she hasn't won many matches in the last months, so money wise she hasn't made much since Wimbledon and this could continue for some time since she will get hard first rounds almost everywhere with that Ranking.
Some Normal doubles would have been better though.

GG Race: Jankovic(+), Pironkova(F), Pennetta, Pavlyuchenkova(+), Halep(F), Ivanovic(MPbonus),Torro-Flor, Serena, CSN, Garcia, Cetkovska, Pliskova, Discount Sharapova(OD), Keys(F),Discount Sharapova, Serena, Venus, Wozniacki, Bencic(3ROD), Ivanovic
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 12:57 PM   #55
country flag Geekking

Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziva View Post
What could she do home in Florida to get rid of the choking in Two Weeks time ?
Playing some matches is never a bad thing and only happy Bine is winnig matches. Even a won Mixed match is a good thing now.

And do not forget, she hasn't won many matches in the last months, so money wise she hasn't made much since Wimbledon and this could continue for some time since she will get hard first rounds almost everywhere with that Ranking.
Some Normal doubles would have been better though.
Ziva I don't think she play mixed doubles to have a match practice, improve her play or something. If so why she left Sydney or play doubles in AO? You might be right about financial issues
Geekking is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 01:04 PM   #56
country flag Ziva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekking View Post
Ziva I don't think she play mixed doubles to have a match practice, improve her play or something. If so why she left Sydney or play doubles in AO?
No of course not, it's her job to make money on those tournaments and the Slams are a huge part of her income.

The Second slam without a Win, that hurts the bank account.

The mixed doesn't matter, but let her have some fun, i'm sure she had some sleepless hours because of that choke, like we all had.

Old Jan 17th, 2013, 01:08 PM   #57
country flag Beaumont

Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all

OK, perhaps you're right, going home won't help her tennis right now. However, to suggest she needs the money is rubbish. She has very lucrative deals off court, and overall probably earns more money than Kerber, or indeed any other German tennis player. She has a strong family unit, so I'd be surprised if she's wasting her money on shopping, drugs, gambling, or men
Beaumont is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 01:25 PM   #58
country flag Ziva

Not wasting, but flying around the World isn't cheap and if you don't win a match, you don't earn money.
But whatever, this money stuff is very individual, we don't know much about her income.

I would say go home train your ass of if she had played poorly, but she got the shots all looked pretty solid.
She choked that match away, because she lost focus, i don't think you can learn that during practise.
She needs to close out one of those matches again, it was the second unbelievable horrible choke we've seen in the last months.
If she wins oone of those by finding her game back after losing it, she may learn something and get more relaxed in those error phases she often gets in.
Blowing a 3-0 lead is not the Problem, happens all the time in WTA, but not winning a single game after that is the problem.

Only medicine is matches matches and more matches, no matter what tournament or opponent. She is after all a confidence player.

Old Jan 17th, 2013, 02:03 PM   #59
country flag JohnMcP

JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike81 View Post
I honestly don't know about her partner. Not sure what chance she has of going far, maybe she should just focus on singles.
Nielsen is a reigning Wimbledon men's doubles champion, so I think, under the circumstances, this is a good opportunity for Sabine. At this point, mixed doubles will be better than mindless ball hitting. Her problem is not so much with her strokes -- when she has her confidence she hits the ball perfectly and appears to be unbeatable. As she admitted in her post-match interview, she needs to build her confidence which can only come through matchplay. She lost the match against Caro because she was not used to hitting in pressure situations, her footwork collapsed, and she was out of position to hit anything. While mixed doubles won't present the same pressure situations as singles, it is a step forward.
JohnMcP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 08:07 PM   #60
country flag Good Old Sabine

Good Old Sabine is just really nice Good Old Sabine is just really nice Good Old Sabine is just really nice Good Old Sabine is just really nice Good Old Sabine is just really nice Good Old Sabine is just really nice Good Old Sabine is just really nice Good Old Sabine is just really nice Good Old Sabine is just really nice Good Old Sabine is just really nice Good Old Sabine is just really nice

When is the mixed match played?
Good Old Sabine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote