Australian Open 2013 - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 15th, 2013, 01:12 AM   #31
country flag Ziva

Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future
Re: Australian Open 2013

Typical Sabine three setter, lost it completely in the end.
Very disappointing and I fear this loss and the ranking drop will hit her confidence again like the kerber match did last year.

2013 Good Girl: Petra Kvitova
GG Race: Jankovic(+), Pironkova(F), Pennetta, Pavlyuchenkova(+), Halep(F), Ivanovic(MPbonus),Torro-Flor, Serena, CSN, Garcia, Cetkovska, Pliskova, Discount Sharapova(OD), Keys(F),Discount Sharapova, Serena, Venus, Wozniacki, Bencic(3ROD)
Ziva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 15th, 2013, 01:13 AM   #32
country flag lovethetennis

lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold

This is so sad, I can't even put it into words
Old Jan 15th, 2013, 01:30 AM   #33
country flag Mike81

Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute

Speechless. Tournament over, tv off and not interested in analysing. Painful loss

SABINE LISICKI- Wimbledon Quarter Finalist and Hong Kong Champion 2014!!

GENIE BOUCHARD- Australian Open Semi Finalist, French Open Semi Finalist, Wimbledon Finalist and Nuremburg Champion 2014!!
Mike81 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2013, 01:30 AM   #34
country flag Bino

Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of

She must play a little more patiently. Instead of the direct winner she should have to wait for the forced error of her opponent. She can hold the game from the baseline til her chance is coming. But what she is doing? Hitting the ball somewhere out and off, and that 50 times.
Bino is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2013, 01:55 AM   #35
country flag chaton

chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of

In the second on 3-5 she gave Wozniacki the set as a present... How can a pro player miss so many easy balls which would have been a secure winner???? And after 3-0 in the third nothing was working anymore. Why again this drop of her level then?

This was definetly a very painful loss. Concerning her ranking and concerning her self confidence. Don't wanna think of her next tournaments...
chaton is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2013, 06:10 AM   #36
country flag Ian Aberdon

Ian Aberdon has disabled reputation

ITF beckons...

Ich liebe dich nicht, du liebst mich nicht it's a braw moonlicht nicht the nicht
Ian Aberdon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2013, 07:05 AM   #37
country flag Beaumont

Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all

She needs to be more patient, and she needs to learn how to construct points and control rallies. She's just too erratic with her hitting. When she's firing it's brilliant to watch, she hits winners everywhere. However, when she's not firing she looks like a 16 year-old making her debut, with a lack of experience effecting her decision making, she shouldn't still be making those mistakes.

She has clearly worked on her fitness because she looks in terrific shape, but it's obvious that she has major problems between the ears. When you haven't won many matches it seriously impacts on your self-belief, and confidence is a huge part of Sabine's most successful times.

I'm not sure how she rectifies that. We may have to accept that this is Sabine - lovely girl, beautiful to look at, but very fragile upstairs
Beaumont is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2013, 08:26 AM   #38
country flag Mike81

Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaumont View Post
She needs to be more patient, and she needs to learn how to construct points and control rallies. She's just too erratic with her hitting. When she's firing it's brilliant to watch, she hits winners everywhere. However, when she's not firing she looks like a 16 year-old making her debut, with a lack of experience effecting her decision making, she shouldn't still be making those mistakes.

She has clearly worked on her fitness because she looks in terrific shape, but it's obvious that she has major problems between the ears. When you haven't won many matches it seriously impacts on your self-belief, and confidence is a huge part of Sabine's most successful times.

I'm not sure how she rectifies that. We may have to accept that this is Sabine - lovely girl, beautiful to look at, but very fragile upstairs
Hard to disagree with that. It was simply mental the way she fell away today. Let's hope she can rectify it.

As for her ranking dropping, yes it will and it's not ideal but if you were a fan supporting her when she was ranked way down like me you know that she can fight her way back to the higher echelons of the WTA. It seems as though she struggles to perform with the expectation of being up there and now even unseeded she couldn't close out a match was she should've won.

Still, I can't get too mad at her, she's a lovely girl and beautiful and when on her game is also very beautiful and exciting. I hope her big fans will write nice things to her twitter and facebook. We need to be patient as Sabine's fans and look at some positives, not just focus on the negative. She is looking fitter and there's still prospects for an improved year even though the ranking isn't good now. If she has to play ITF's again I will still be supporting her and love her. I'm her fan whether she's ranked 12 or 120.

By the way, They're incredibly negative and mean to her on GM so let's not be like them with our criticism of her. Some of the stuff said about her on GM today almost had me in tears

SABINE LISICKI- Wimbledon Quarter Finalist and Hong Kong Champion 2014!!

GENIE BOUCHARD- Australian Open Semi Finalist, French Open Semi Finalist, Wimbledon Finalist and Nuremburg Champion 2014!!
Mike81 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2013, 11:13 AM   #39
country flag fhcpig

fhcpig is a name known to all fhcpig is a name known to all fhcpig is a name known to all fhcpig is a name known to all fhcpig is a name known to all fhcpig is a name known to all fhcpig is a name known to all fhcpig is a name known to all fhcpig is a name known to all fhcpig is a name known to all fhcpig is a name known to all

http://de.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/a...051325393.html
"It was a very, very difficult draw," said Lisicki. "Before the match I was nervous, but on the court anymore. I had a very good start, but then I lost the plot a bit. Then I came back, but after a 3-0 in the third set was my confidence suddenly gone . I was not aggressive enough. I lost this match more than they won it. something I was missing in the end the match practice. "

http://www.tennisnet.com/deutschland...rascht/4589078
"Obviously I'm very disappointed that it was not enough," Lisicki said after their defeat by the former world number one. "For a first round, it was a very hard life, but I still had my chances," the Fed Cup player said after the off in 1:46 hours. In fact, the defeat of the 23-year-old was completely unnecessary. Lisicki had a good start and decided the first set after just 32 minutes with the second set of ball for himself. But then the number 36 in the world completely lost the thread.

After losing the second section Lisicki led the decisive passage while another quick 3-0. Out of nowhere, the game tipped but still in favor of Wozniacki. "There were a couple of tight balls and then there was the self-confidence suddenly gone," said Lisicki, who hit a total of 57 unforced errors (at 45 Winnern) and it was thus easier Wozniacki to win the match.

Beck gave a strong performance, however. The young German hope against Shvedova showed a great moral and celebrated at only her second start at a Grand Slam tournament their first victory. "Women's tennis will be decided in the head too much," Beck said. The 18-year-old was in the third set against Shvedova already back with 0:3. But then she made six matches in a row and won her first match at a Grand Slam tournament. "You have to in these situations in mind to stay strong," said the promising young talent. Beck is working with a mental coach, "one of the special exercises" are at hand. "This ensures safety." Beck meets on the second lap of the Japanese Ayumi

http://sport.t-online.de/lisicki-set...61691140/index
"This shows that I have dictated the game," Lisicki said later defiantly. The safe 3-0 lead but they were out of hand. "There were a couple of tight balls and then there was the self-confidence suddenly gone," said the number 36 in the world. In the last six service games made them just seven points.

In the ranking Lisicki will now fall further, they finally got last year Down Under, even in the second round. "I'm fitter than ever, could walk around for hours," Lisicki said after the game. But has become so important in good shape in modern tennis, it alone does not win.

http://www.sport.de/medien/2aacd-151...lian-open.html
Lisicki continued her sporting descent however continued. Since the Olympics in their beloved Wimbledon at the Fed Cup player runs together anymore. 2012 they won after that only one lot different in five of six tournaments out in their opening match. And this year she has not once left the place as the winner. "I just do not match the practice," Lisicki aptly analyzed after 6:2, 3:6, 3:6 against Wozniacki.

Last edited by fhcpig : Jan 15th, 2013 at 12:06 PM.
fhcpig is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2013, 02:55 PM   #40
country flag chaton

chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of

I think also as a fan we should be realistic and critisize her, if necessary. And here it's the case, although there's of course a lot of disappointment with me as well. All in all it's one of the most disappointing losses she had. (Very close after the loss against Bammer in Berlin.

She has shown, that she has the game to win such a match and I agree that the problem is not her tennis or the way of training, it's between her ears...

She made tons of unforced errrors and especially she tried to hit winners, when she didn't have a good position to the ball - the unforced error was then absolutely predictable. She tried to avoid errors to shorten up the ralley - in my eyes the wrong way.

With a performance like in the third set from 3-0 she would have lost against any existing top 200 player. And it's not the first time such thing happens. So I can't understand, why she is not working with a mental coach??? Kerber or Petkovic have shown, that you can make also mentally progress, so I see no reason, why Sabine can not achieve the same.
chaton is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2013, 05:27 PM   #41
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute

I was hoping she could beat Wozniacki. Sadly enough she wasn't able to do it

Andrea Petkovic - Sara Errani - Jarka Gajdosova - Alizé Cornet
Dorien. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2013, 06:08 PM   #42
country flag Ian Aberdon

Ian Aberdon has disabled reputation

Interesting more people are pointing to the mental aspect - something I mentioned previously (last year) but got vilified by one or two other posters on here for even daring to suggest it. 'Sabine's problem is not mental'.....

Isn't it?

Ich liebe dich nicht, du liebst mich nicht it's a braw moonlicht nicht the nicht
Ian Aberdon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2013, 06:11 PM   #43
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Sabine

Too brainless. Amazing tennis in 1st set and in 3rd set until 3-0. Then collapse

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2013, 06:12 PM   #44
country flag Geekking

Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of

I couldn't sleep after the match. I feel so sad. Thats all I can say...
Geekking is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2013, 10:37 PM   #45
country flag lovethetennis

lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold

I hear ya Geekking. It takes time to recover from a match like this..