Kim Clijsters says Serena Williams was her toughest opponent of her career - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 10th, 2013, 02:27 AM   #91
country flag pierce85

pierce85 has a reputation beyond repute pierce85 has a reputation beyond repute pierce85 has a reputation beyond repute pierce85 has a reputation beyond repute pierce85 has a reputation beyond repute pierce85 has a reputation beyond repute pierce85 has a reputation beyond repute pierce85 has a reputation beyond repute pierce85 has a reputation beyond repute pierce85 has a reputation beyond repute pierce85 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Kim Clijsters says Serena Williams was her toughest opponent of her career

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin. View Post
Um no.
Um yes and yes
pierce85 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 10th, 2013, 02:30 AM   #92
country flag kjsulliv

kjsulliv has much to be proud of kjsulliv has much to be proud of kjsulliv has much to be proud of kjsulliv has much to be proud of kjsulliv has much to be proud of kjsulliv has much to be proud of kjsulliv has much to be proud of kjsulliv has much to be proud of kjsulliv has much to be proud of kjsulliv has much to be proud of kjsulliv has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTennisFan View Post
It was quite obviously Henin and not Serena.

The 2009 US open is a great example of this.... possibly the most convincing defeat at a slam that Serena ever faced while in form.

She is just throwing Justine shade by saying that Serena was actually her toughest competition .

To think that Kim could have won 3 of the 4 slams in 2003 if she just got her head together sooner... .
So you're judging the whole rivalry by one match? How moronic, and yet not surprising. Pretty sure it was Kim out there playing the matches, not you lol.
kjsulliv is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 02:30 AM   #93
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce85 View Post
Um yes and yes
Henin beat Clijsters in more big matches, but Serena basically owned Clijsters for the better part of a decade. Henin was definitely Kim's bigger rival, but that doesn't make her Kim's toughest opponent. Serena is a better, more accomplished player than Henin, and had a much better record against Clijsters than Henin did.

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 02:34 AM   #94
country flag JarkaFish
Multiform

JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future

Quote:
Henin beat Clijsters in more big matches, but Serena basically owned Clijsters for the better part of a decade. Henin was definitely Kim's bigger rival, but that doesn't make her Kim's toughest opponent. Serena is a better, more accomplished player than Henin, and had a much better record against Clijsters than Henin did.
Henin beat Clijsters three times on the biggest stage of a tennis player's career. I think that earns her at least an honorable mention, no?
JarkaFish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 02:36 AM   #95
edificio

edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute

Could be.

Maybe Clijsters thinks her mentality caused her defeats to Justine in the slams and against Serena it was more physical. Who knows.

Still, both were interesting match-ups.
edificio is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 02:40 AM   #96
country flag TheDream

TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTennisFan View Post
I disagree.

Serena knew the writing was on the wall that night.... thats alot of why she exploaded in the fashion that she did. When Serena is unable to dig herself out and is soundly beaten she tends to get irritated and frustrated.... which was quite obvious for all of us to see on that occasion.

She quite honestly couldnt afford to be having any sort of calls go against her that night because Kim had every answer to her game.

Serena is one of the greatest of all time, this is true. But lets not try to assume that Serena is this unbeatable goliath that can right any ship or stop any bleeding.

That night Kim was just too good, regardless of whether or not a Foot fault was called.

Her excellent return completely neutralized Serena's biggest weapon which is her Serve.

In addition Kim was moving and defending better and had just as much firepower off the ground.
this is ridiculous. serena has been down much bigger deficits than 4-6, 5-6, on her serve
TheDream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 02:50 AM   #97
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
Henin beat Clijsters three times on the biggest stage of a tennis player's career. I think that earns her at least an honorable mention, no?
Absolutely. But it doesn't make Henin the toughest opponent Clijsters has faced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDream View Post
this is ridiculous. serena has been down much bigger deficits than 4-6, 5-6, on her serve
That wasn't even her biggest deficit against Clijsters

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 03:16 AM   #98
country flag ronmi

ronmi is just really nice ronmi is just really nice ronmi is just really nice ronmi is just really nice ronmi is just really nice ronmi is just really nice ronmi is just really nice ronmi is just really nice ronmi is just really nice ronmi is just really nice ronmi is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbenga View Post
Serena Williams had snatched lots of wig indeed.
Well, she needed them. She hardly ever wears her natural hair.
ronmi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 03:35 AM   #99
country flag MrProdigy555
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute

I watched that '09 match and Serena was definitely not playing good tennis. She had no backhand, iirc.

But, for us to claim that we know what would have happened had the match not been interrupted by that hideous line judge is ridiculous. We don't know. Anything could have happened. It definitely wasn't impossible for Clijsters to win that match on her own, and it definitely wasn't impossible for Serena dig in there and win it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProdigy555 View Post
Don't make me come to T&T to huff and puff and blow your hut down, girl.
Fuck y'all
MrProdigy555 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 03:37 AM   #100
country flag Craig.
MA5HA

Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This.

Quote:
I watched that '09 match and Serena was definitely not playing good tennis. She had no backhand, iirc.

But, for us to claim that we know what would have happened had the match not been interrupted by that hideous line judge is ridiculous. We don't know. Anything could have happened. It definitely wasn't impossible for Clijsters to win that match on her own, and it definitely wasn't impossible for Serena dig in there and win it.
And this.
Craig. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 03:40 AM   #101
country flag ronmi

ronmi is just really nice ronmi is just really nice ronmi is just really nice ronmi is just really nice ronmi is just really nice ronmi is just really nice ronmi is just really nice ronmi is just really nice ronmi is just really nice ronmi is just really nice ronmi is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDream View Post
I actually agree with JC. Kim was on fire that night, and was playing a lot better than in AO 2003.

However, we will never know for sure what would have happened, and you can thank Serena for that.
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 03:41 AM   #102
country flag ronmi

Quote:

What do you mean?
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 03:56 AM   #103
country flag TheDream

TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmi View Post
I actually agree with JC. Kim was on fire that night, and was playing a lot better than in AO 2003.

However, we will never know for sure what would have happened, and you can thank Serena for that.
serena was down 1-5 in 2003 and match points. don't care if kim played better in 2009, because it's not like kim choked. serena took it to her from match points until the end of the match.
TheDream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 04:07 AM   #104
country flag MrProdigy555
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmi View Post
What do you mean?
Not taking the bait.

Quote:
Don't make me come to T&T to huff and puff and blow your hut down, girl.
Fuck y'all
MrProdigy555 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 04:13 AM   #105
country flag ronmi

Quote:
Not taking the bait.
What bait? You're the one who said that the line judge was 'hideous'.