Kim Clijsters says Serena Williams was her toughest opponent of her career - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 9th, 2013, 08:12 PM   #76
country flag JCTennisFan

JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Kim Clijsters says Serena Williams was her toughest opponent of her career

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
How many GS finals has Serena beaten Kim in?
About 3 shy of Henin's total

I love Kim.... gonna miss her.

Can't believe she is gonna go and retire when Serena and her could have made a heck of a rivalry this year.

Atleast we can always have the 09 US open to look back fondly on .
JCTennisFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 9th, 2013, 08:12 PM   #77
country flag AcesHigh

AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by debby View Post
I thought they were friends?
Or it is just PR and all apparences.
PR and appearances. I remember Kim's dad accusing Justine of using PED's and Kim had a few underhanded comments herself about Justine. That was over 7 years ago though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrinbaker00 View Post
When will you learn that "pushers" never make it past the club level, let alone #1 on the WTA computer? Will it be too late?
AcesHigh is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 08:13 PM   #78
Serenita

Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena = GOAT View Post
I've heard rumors that Serena is the GOAT.
Kim agrees.

Serenita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 08:19 PM   #79
country flag Serena = GOAT

Serena = GOAT is a name known to all Serena = GOAT is a name known to all Serena = GOAT is a name known to all Serena = GOAT is a name known to all Serena = GOAT is a name known to all Serena = GOAT is a name known to all Serena = GOAT is a name known to all Serena = GOAT is a name known to all Serena = GOAT is a name known to all Serena = GOAT is a name known to all Serena = GOAT is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenita View Post
Kim agrees.
And that from someone who has played against Graf
Serena = GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 08:21 PM   #80
debby

debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcesHigh View Post
PR and appearances. I remember Kim's dad accusing Justine of using PED's and Kim had a few underhanded comments herself about Justine. That was over 7 years ago though.
Well, Rodriguez was being an ass about it. In fact, it was very unhealthy back then.
Justine and Kim used to be BFFs until they became pros. Justine started to choke against her, and Rodriguez made her believe her father enjoyed to see her lose to Kim and some bullshit.
So that fired up Henin who desesperately needed her father's attention. She trained her ass off to beat Kim in slams.
But in 2007 she reconciled with her father. So she softened up a lot. Things got better with Kim after Lei's death. Then when she came back, she lost that drive against Kim while Kim had that fire.
And I thought they were being genuine at least, at almost 30, having fun at the Fed Cup, having exhos together, praising each other about their mutual influence.
debby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 08:42 PM   #81
country flag thrust

thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.2812 View Post
She does have a winning H2H against Justine and Venus whereas she doesn't against Serena... Logical answer.
Kim's winning H-H against Justine is primarily due to her three wins over a rusty Justine, one in Henin's firt tournament of her comeback and Justine's injury at Wimbledon. Still, I don't doubt that Serena was tougher for her to beat than Justine, especially on hard or grass courts.
thrust is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 08:46 PM   #82
country flag mykarma

mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrust View Post
Kim's winning H-H against Justine is primarily due to her three wins over a rusty Justine, one in Henin's firt tournament of her comeback and Justine's injury at Wimbledon. Still, I don't doubt that Serena was tougher for her to beat than Justine, especially on hard or grass courts.
Love how these haters are making excuses/calling Kim a liar why Kim picked Serena.
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 08:48 PM   #83
country flag 2Black

2Black has a reputation beyond repute 2Black has a reputation beyond repute 2Black has a reputation beyond repute 2Black has a reputation beyond repute 2Black has a reputation beyond repute 2Black has a reputation beyond repute 2Black has a reputation beyond repute 2Black has a reputation beyond repute 2Black has a reputation beyond repute 2Black has a reputation beyond repute 2Black has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Kim... Duh!!!
2Black is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 09:27 PM   #84
country flag thrust

thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dawntreader View Post
Yes. All 3 of them.
NO IN THE THIRD STATEMENT!
thrust is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 10:15 PM   #85
country flag iWill

iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute

If Kim hadn't turned around the H2H she easily could have said Venus over Henin. I think Kim was being honest and not attempting to throw shade at Justine like people here are suggesting. True enough Justine beat Kim for 3 GS titles but Kim blew a few big leads to Serena in very big matches. That is what determines how tough an opponent is. Kim was almost cruising to victory in the 3rd set of the USO 1999 and AO 2003 but Serena is such a fierce competitor and Kim was so weak mentally she couldn't close out the deal.

For what its worth Kim ABSOLUTELY deserved her USO 2009 title BUT I really feel like Serena wasn't "done" in that match and I say that because of those previous flops from Kim plus Serena's innate ability to pull herself from the brink. Not saying that Serena would have won necessarily but I definitely think she had it in her to keep that match going had the foot fault incident not occurred.
Originally Posted by MrProdigy555 View Post
*inserts a couple fingers into you*
iWill is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 12:21 AM   #86
Serenita

Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykarma View Post
Love how these haters are making excuses/calling Kim a liar why Kim picked Serena.
IKR, Saint Kim would never lie. She spoke from the heart
They should ask the same for Justine, see who she would choose.

Serenita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 12:50 AM   #87
debby

debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenita View Post
IKR, Saint Kim would never lie. She spoke from the heart
They should ask the same for Justine, see who she would choose.
Kim Clijsters.
debby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 12:51 AM   #88
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTennisFan View Post
It was quite obviously Henin and not Serena.

The 2009 US open is a great example of this.... possibly the most convincing defeat at a slam that Serena ever faced while in form.

She is just throwing Justine shade by saying that Serena was actually her toughest competition .

To think that Kim could have won 3 of the 4 slams in 2003 if she just got her head together sooner... .
Um no.

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 12:54 AM   #89
country flag JCTennisFan

JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Will2 View Post
If Kim hadn't turned around the H2H she easily could have said Venus over Henin. I think Kim was being honest and not attempting to throw shade at Justine like people here are suggesting. True enough Justine beat Kim for 3 GS titles but Kim blew a few big leads to Serena in very big matches. That is what determines how tough an opponent is. Kim was almost cruising to victory in the 3rd set of the USO 1999 and AO 2003 but Serena is such a fierce competitor and Kim was so weak mentally she couldn't close out the deal.

For what its worth Kim ABSOLUTELY deserved her USO 2009 title BUT I really feel like Serena wasn't "done" in that match and I say that because of those previous flops from Kim plus Serena's innate ability to pull herself from the brink. Not saying that Serena would have won necessarily but I definitely think she had it in her to keep that match going had the foot fault incident not occurred.
I disagree.

Serena knew the writing was on the wall that night.... thats alot of why she exploaded in the fashion that she did. When Serena is unable to dig herself out and is soundly beaten she tends to get irritated and frustrated.... which was quite obvious for all of us to see on that occasion.

She quite honestly couldnt afford to be having any sort of calls go against her that night because Kim had every answer to her game.

Serena is one of the greatest of all time, this is true. But lets not try to assume that Serena is this unbeatable goliath that can right any ship or stop any bleeding.

That night Kim was just too good, regardless of whether or not a Foot fault was called.

Her excellent return completely neutralized Serena's biggest weapon which is her Serve.

In addition Kim was moving and defending better and had just as much firepower off the ground.
JCTennisFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 01:17 AM   #90
country flag SerenaSiren

SerenaSiren is a splendid one to behold SerenaSiren is a splendid one to behold SerenaSiren is a splendid one to behold SerenaSiren is a splendid one to behold SerenaSiren is a splendid one to behold SerenaSiren is a splendid one to behold SerenaSiren is a splendid one to behold SerenaSiren is a splendid one to behold SerenaSiren is a splendid one to behold SerenaSiren is a splendid one to behold SerenaSiren is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTennisFan View Post
I disagree.

Serena knew the writing was on the wall that night.... thats alot of why she exploaded in the fashion that she did. When Serena is unable to dig herself out and is soundly beaten she tends to get irritated and frustrated.... which was quite obvious for all of us to see on that occasion.

She quite honestly couldnt afford to be having any sort of calls go against her that night because Kim had every answer to her game.

Serena is one of the greatest of all time, this is true. But lets not try to assume that Serena is this unbeatable goliath that can right any ship or stop any bleeding.

That night Kim was just too good, regardless of whether or not a Foot fault was called.

Her excellent return completely neutralized Serena's biggest weapon which is her Serve.

In addition Kim was moving and defending better and had just as much firepower off the ground.
Someones trying to reach out
FYI Serena serves totally different in 2009 compare to her 2010 and 2012 season
She started to tweak her serve in 2010
Learn ur facts!!ok?

btw thanks for making me laugh
SerenaSiren is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote