Kim Clijsters says Serena Williams was her toughest opponent of her career - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 9th, 2013, 04:28 PM   #46
country flag gbenga

gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Kim Clijsters says Serena Williams was her toughest opponent of her career

Serena Williams had snatched lots of wig indeed.
gbenga is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 9th, 2013, 04:29 PM   #47
country flag southpaw58

southpaw58 has much to be proud of southpaw58 has much to be proud of southpaw58 has much to be proud of southpaw58 has much to be proud of southpaw58 has much to be proud of southpaw58 has much to be proud of southpaw58 has much to be proud of southpaw58 has much to be proud of southpaw58 has much to be proud of southpaw58 has much to be proud of southpaw58 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dawntreader View Post
Yes, she was 10 years younger. Well spotted.
LOL seriously.
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 04:30 PM   #48
country flag friendsita

friendsita has a brilliant future friendsita has a brilliant future friendsita has a brilliant future friendsita has a brilliant future friendsita has a brilliant future friendsita has a brilliant future friendsita has a brilliant future friendsita has a brilliant future friendsita has a brilliant future friendsita has a brilliant future friendsita has a brilliant future

Ita.
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 04:45 PM   #49
country flag Dominic

Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossCourt~Rally View Post
She's right! But honestly, I think Serena has been the toughest opponent for most players over the last 12/13 years
Hmm not Sybille Bammer
Dominic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 05:01 PM   #50
country flag Infiniti2001
Veelieve!!!

Infiniti2001 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic View Post
Hmm not Sybille Bammer
This is uncalled for since MOST is the operative word in the poster's opinion
Infiniti2001 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 05:06 PM   #51
country flag Nicolás89

Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute

Bye Henin.
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 05:12 PM   #52
country flag Si_Hi

Si_Hi has much to be proud of Si_Hi has much to be proud of Si_Hi has much to be proud of Si_Hi has much to be proud of Si_Hi has much to be proud of Si_Hi has much to be proud of Si_Hi has much to be proud of Si_Hi has much to be proud of Si_Hi has much to be proud of Si_Hi has much to be proud of Si_Hi has much to be proud of

H2H really doesn't mean anything.
After 2003, Clijsters won 6 matches out of 7 against the Williams sisters, but only one match-up with Serena. I'm not saying she was the overwhelming winner after 2003 once she played one of the sisters. But she obviously could have a better H2H against Serena if she had more chances of playing Serena.

I think it's prolly because she lost to Serena too many times before she gained the confidence on Tour and matured her game. I bet she was completely beaten mentally after that slump in Australia in 2003. Just like Justine admitted that she was still fearful of playing Venus in 2007 altho she later on proved that she could totally compete with Venus at that time.
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 05:16 PM   #53
country flag Si_Hi

Si_Hi has much to be proud of Si_Hi has much to be proud of Si_Hi has much to be proud of Si_Hi has much to be proud of Si_Hi has much to be proud of Si_Hi has much to be proud of Si_Hi has much to be proud of Si_Hi has much to be proud of Si_Hi has much to be proud of Si_Hi has much to be proud of Si_Hi has much to be proud of

10 years later, Serena's still the winner.
Why so good?
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 05:21 PM   #54
Olórin

Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si_Hi View Post
After 2003, Clijsters won 6 matches out of 7 against the Williams sisters, but only one match-up with Serena.
So really the six out of seven match stat is a load of crap, isn't it?

Just stick with Serena - who she struggled to beat every time they met, as the H2H indicates. It is actually that simple.
Olórin is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 05:24 PM   #55
country flag Alejandrawrrr

Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si_Hi View Post
After 2003, Clijsters won 6 matches out of 7 against the Williams sisters, but only one match-up with Serena. I'm not saying she was the overwhelming winner after 2003 once she played one of the sisters. But she obviously could have a better H2H against Serena if she had more chances of playing Serena.

I think it's prolly because she lost to Serena too many times before she gained the confidence on Tour and matured her game. I bet she was completely beaten mentally after that slump in Australia in 2003. Just like Justine admitted that she was still fearful of playing Venus in 2007 altho she later on proved that she could totally compete with Venus at that time.
Eh... Let's not do this 6 out of 7 against Williams Sisters thing, as if Venus and Serena are even in the same stratosphere. Venus Price is a flop who lost to Kim five consecutive times, in addition to any good defensive player post-2008. The same Venus who Kim compiled a 5 match win streak against also had losing H2Hs against a ton of players not the least of which being Pironkova. Not to say winning against Venus isn't all well and good, but she only serves to drag down Serena's record. Why can't Kim winning their last meeting in two tight sets(2009) to bring their H2H to a respectable 2-7 be good enough?

That's like me saying "Venus is 13-9 against the Belgian Sisters " It's true, but it really doesn't mean much when the H2H is so vastly different between the actual players.

(Anyone playing Sharapova)
Alejandrawrrr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 05:28 PM   #56
Serenita

Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolás89 View Post
Bye Henin.

Serenita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 05:28 PM   #57
bandabou

bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic View Post
Hmm not Sybille Bammer
Why why, why...?! You just can't help it, huh?
A guy with Dokic/Sharapova as favorite...we should gonna name all the freak losses and h2h's for them too?!

You're such a joke.
Serena Williams: Greatest African-American tennisplayer in history
17 majors:5255

Official Prince of the Royal Court
bandabou is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 05:36 PM   #58
country flag Si_Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olórin View Post
So really the six out of seven match stat is a load of crap, isn't it?

Just stick with Serena - who she struggled to beat every time they met, as the H2H indicates. It is actually that simple.
6 out of 7 is apparently different compared to 3 out of 15.

Quote:
H2H really doesn't mean everything.
fixed.
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 05:43 PM   #59
country flag lenas warriors

lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossCourt~Rally View Post
She's right! But honestly, I think Serena has been the toughest opponent for most players over the last 12/13 years
Not Lena D. She just struggled with Pushers
Amaze-arenka, Kvitty-GOAT and Halep
Hantuchova, Petrova, Zvonareva, Goerges, Koukalova, The Other Czechs, Halep, Keys, Townsend, Paszek
Li, Sharapova, Pavlyuchenkova, Makarova, The Other Russians, Kerber, Kanepi, Shvedova, Martic, Watson, Robson, Kimiko, Barthel, Erakovic
lenas warriors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 06:07 PM   #60
country flag Si_Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Enfant Sauvage View Post
Eh... Let's not do this 6 out of 7 against Williams Sisters thing, as if Venus and Serena are even in the same stratosphere. Venus Price is a flop who lost to Kim five consecutive times, in addition to any good defensive player post-2008.
Eh... Venus won Wimbledon 3 weeks right before the 5 win streak started and she was all meant for business during the three US open matches. Not to mention the flopped price you described was actually the second highest among all at some point of 2010.