Will Dominika Cibulkova crack top 10 this season? - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Will Dominika Cibulkova crack top 10 in 2013?

Yes,she will be there before Wimbledon 11 14.29%
She'll get there at some point this season 27 35.06%
No,she is not consistent enough,only as good as top 20 39 50.65%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jan 9th, 2013, 10:55 AM   #16
country flag dencod16

dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Dominika Cibulkova crack top 10 this season?

It is possible with most of the top 10 in free fall + Bartoli. Her game has improved but we will see if her mentality will be there against someone that will push her to give her best. Hopefully she can i want her, Petrova, and Kirilenko to get in.
dencod16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 9th, 2013, 11:38 AM   #17
country flag volta

volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute

If she finds some consistency on her game instead of being a bi-polar mess at times than yes. Hopefully she'll do it this season
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 12:12 PM   #18
country flag SuperSara

SuperSara is just really nice SuperSara is just really nice SuperSara is just really nice SuperSara is just really nice SuperSara is just really nice SuperSara is just really nice SuperSara is just really nice SuperSara is just really nice SuperSara is just really nice SuperSara is just really nice SuperSara is just really nice

Of course not. She's not good enough.

But then again, seeing that she has a row of downward-spiralling mugs like Wozniacki and Stosur and Bartoli ahead of her in the rankings, you never know.
SuperSara is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 12:18 PM   #19
country flag StoneRose

StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute

Let's hope and pray this isn't going to happen .
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 12:30 PM   #20
country flag Exordes

Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute

As we know Domi has won the current world #8 Petra Kvitova and #7 Sara Errani, and she will play against #5 Angelique Kerber in semi-final. Angie should be the hardest test for her so far.

Pome is surely an old acquaintance to Vika fans from Miami 2012 and Roland Garros 2012, but in the long run she should be more consistent especially against lower ranked players in the early rounds. That´s the only way to get and stay for a longer time in top 10.
Exordes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 01:32 PM   #21
country flag ZeroSumGame

ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
So far little Domi is doing very well. The season barely started and she's got 2 top 10 wins already (Kvitova,Errani).
What are her chances to make it from her current no.15 into top 10?
Too early to gauge! Kvitova & Errani can't possibly be any players' best measuring stick atm
ZeroSumGame is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 01:46 PM   #22
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute

Kvitova and Errani are about the most useless top 10 players right now.
Break My Rapture is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 01:52 PM   #23
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

She is still 1200 points behind the 11th spot and last week she lost badly to Stephens. Then if the current level of play by Kvitova, Stosur, Wozniacki and Bartoli continues it won´t take much to reach the top 10.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 02:08 PM   #24
country flag Pebbles

Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute

I believe she can. So far this week she is playing a style somewhere between where she was in 2009 and when she became a ballbasher. If she can continue working on her consistency and find a medium somewhere between those two game styles I don't see why she can't reach the top 10.
Pebbles is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 02:09 PM   #25
country flag Chichi GOAT

Chichi GOAT has much to be proud of Chichi GOAT has much to be proud of Chichi GOAT has much to be proud of Chichi GOAT has much to be proud of Chichi GOAT has much to be proud of Chichi GOAT has much to be proud of Chichi GOAT has much to be proud of Chichi GOAT has much to be proud of Chichi GOAT has much to be proud of Chichi GOAT has much to be proud of Chichi GOAT has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Break My Rapture View Post
Please tell me how Wozniacki and Stosur had a better start of the season

At least Sara made a QF.
Chichi GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 02:54 PM   #26
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure seeing this thread 3 years in row now. Maybe one day its gonna be actual.
Many top10 player has to play bad for long to give her a chance.
C. Drone is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 03:07 PM   #27
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

I hope so. I'd love her drawing Azarenka in Melbourne, beating her again like at RG and cracking the TOP10.
Petronius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 03:09 PM   #28
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Break My Rapture View Post
Things can change very quickly. You're only as good or bad as your last tournament.
Petronius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 03:12 PM   #29
Ana'sProcess

Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute

I think she will, but not sure if she will be able to stay there for a long time, we'll see. But, as someone already said, if Errani is there... Just joking, I have nothing against Errani, I wish her well, but I do consider her the weakest link in top 10 (Stosur comes close 2nd weakest)

2015 coming next.
Ana'sProcess is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 04:43 PM   #30
country flag Number19

Number19 has a reputation beyond repute Number19 has a reputation beyond repute Number19 has a reputation beyond repute Number19 has a reputation beyond repute Number19 has a reputation beyond repute Number19 has a reputation beyond repute Number19 has a reputation beyond repute Number19 has a reputation beyond repute Number19 has a reputation beyond repute Number19 has a reputation beyond repute Number19 has a reputation beyond repute

I like the changes her hitting partner was making late last year to her game and now having a new coach should help more.

She needs to do more than want it. She needs to believe she can do it and belong there. Which I'm not sure she has before.

However, I'm reserving my vote until after tonight's match. Win or lose, how she handles the match will prove more than the Kvitova and Errrani matches did.
Number19 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote