Help me upgrade my tennis racquet! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 25th, 2010, 07:20 AM   #1
country flag hdfb

hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute
Help me upgrade my tennis racquet!

I've been using a nCode nTour 95 for years now and have decided to buy a new stick.

Which racquets from the BLX and K factor range are most similar to my racquet? I wouldn't mind something that is slightly heavier, I'd put my cap at just below 12 oz.

I'd say I'm around a NTRP 4.0ish. Thanks!
Advertisement

Old May 25th, 2010, 12:30 PM   #2
country flag Mina Vagante

Mina Vagante has a reputation beyond repute Mina Vagante has a reputation beyond repute Mina Vagante has a reputation beyond repute Mina Vagante has a reputation beyond repute Mina Vagante has a reputation beyond repute Mina Vagante has a reputation beyond repute Mina Vagante has a reputation beyond repute Mina Vagante has a reputation beyond repute Mina Vagante has a reputation beyond repute Mina Vagante has a reputation beyond repute Mina Vagante has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Help me upgrade my tennis racquet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdfb View Post
I've been using a nCode nTour 95 for years now and have decided to buy a new stick.

Which racquets from the BLX and K factor range are most similar to my racquet? I wouldn't mind something that is slightly heavier, I'd put my cap at just below 12 oz.

I'd say I'm around a NTRP 4.0ish. Thanks!
The BLX tour and Kfactor tour have basically the same specs, just with added technology. If you're looking for ones similar to your current nTour 95, then those are the ones to look at.

Ktour

BLX tour
Old May 29th, 2010, 01:26 PM   #3
country flag hdfb

hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the recommendations.

I tried out the BLX Tour, BLX Pro Tour and BLX SixOne today.

The Tour feels too light and was too powerful... Pro Tour and SixOne gave me much more needed control and Pro Tour was slightly lighter than the SixOne which suits me better.

I am tempted to buy the Kobra Team FX because I could buy two of those for the price of one BLX at the moment.
Old May 29th, 2010, 01:52 PM   #4
country flag twight6

twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute

You are in a very similar position to my friend. He has been using the nCode nTour 95 for years now, ever since he bought it brand new back in... '07 I think. Anyway, he just bought the KFactor KTour for about $125 and he likes it, says it was a great upgrade.

I also see now that it's the one Ross. reccommended as well. Cheaper than the BLX because it's older, but really not that much different (other than the "technology")
...then I realized how much I suck.
I used to update this signature, once in a while...
...then I realized no one actually reads it.
twight6 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2010, 03:19 PM   #5
country flag hdfb

The KTour isn't available from Tennis Warehouse Australia anymore so I'll have to give it a pass... I think I'll go in next week sometime to try out the Kobra though.... $159AUD just seems too low to pass up.
Old Dec 30th, 2012, 11:42 PM   #6
country flag tmc5005

tmc5005 is an unknown quantity at this point

The specs on the Wilson BLX SIX.ONE TEAM are almost identicle to your current racquet. They both are flexible with an RDC Flex of 63-64 which is great for your arm and an even head balance great for the baseline shots
tmc5005 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31st, 2012, 04:58 AM   #7
country flag darrinbaker00
Serena's #1 Hater

darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmc5005 View Post
The specs on the Wilson BLX SIX.ONE TEAM are almost identicle to your current racquet. They both are flexible with an RDC Flex of 63-64 which is great for your arm and an even head balance great for the baseline shots
This is a two-year-old thread. I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that the person who started it has found a suitable replacement.
"He who finds a wife finds a good thing, and obtains favor from the Lord." -- Proverbs 18:22

"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard." -- Herb Brooks

"A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life." -- Muhammad Ali
darrinbaker00 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote