Mona Barthel - Volume 2 - Page 96 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 1st, 2013, 09:40 PM   #1426
country flag matthias
Gaspa's Hubby

matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Mona Barthel - Volume 2

2 years ago Mona faced Mladenovic in a french 25K final, and now Premier SF match-up

Old Feb 1st, 2013, 09:41 PM   #1427
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisagi. View Post
What?! Kiki has more power?! No one would believe that.
Mona has a different kind of power, she really uses her opponents power and adds even more oomph to it herself. Mladenovic probably got more racquet speed, but I'm not sure about this.
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!
crazillo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 09:47 PM   #1428
country flag Hartson

Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute

Mona looks not powerful because she has too efortless and elegant technique
Hartson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 10:02 PM   #1429
country flag CillyUltra

CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolffanog View Post
I'm really with Mona's decision not to play fedcup - I think the she is quite fed up with the party clique Rittner/Petkovic/Lisicki/Görges. But what about Rittner's present for her, the undeserved chance to be an Olympic tourist? She was not shy to accept that present, but now she is too sensitive or too proud to submit to or to mingle with that clique. Signs of a character she displayed in the desastrous matches on clay last year?
That's rubbish. At the Olympics, Mona was on good terms with the team. But she seems to be a bit more solitary than the other. Especially when you think of a very social character like Andrea. The others have a common goal in making tennis more popular in Germany and they know they benefit from each others success. I don't know what Mona's goals are. Maybe she just wants to play tennis for herself and doesn't care much about fame and popularity.
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 10:08 PM   #1430
country flag Michael!
indescribable

Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute

Great win for Mona!
Serve worked great today, fast courts in Paris suit her anyway, Marion served well as well but was vulnerable over 2nd serve and Mona with almost 50 winners in 2 sets, really nice!!
Mona has to be careful when it is about making the big points against big names, she was the better player in 1st set already but wasted too many chances and in the end was lucky that Marion served two DFs in a row when she had the chance in the TieBreak!
One break was enough in 2nd set, a few problems when she served for the match but served really well when it mattered (was able to watch the last 3 games on youtube just now..)

Mladenovic next, tough but definitely beatable, good playing Mona has all chances to win the title anyway but we´ll see if she can handle the pressure, good tournament again anyway!!
Michael! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 10:12 PM   #1431
country flag Tecumseh

Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazillo View Post
Mona has a different kind of power, she really uses her opponents power and adds even more oomph to it herself. Mladenovic probably got more racquet speed, but I'm not sure about this.
Maybe this is exactly what Mladenovic meant to say. That she hits her shots with more power but not necessarily with more speed because Mona can compensate some lack of physical power with her better technique.

Anyway, no matter the outcome of tomorrow's match i am very sure that Mona will at least hit more winners than Mladenovic.
Tecumseh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 10:47 PM   #1432
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecumseh View Post
Maybe this is exactly what Mladenovic meant to say. That she hits her shots with more power but not necessarily with more speed because Mona can compensate some lack of physical power with her better technique.

Anyway, no matter the outcome of tomorrow's match i am very sure that Mona will at least hit more winners than Mladenovic.
Yeah but Mona still has to work on that forehand. I am sometimes not even sure if her racquet face is closed when she hits it.
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!
crazillo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 11:01 PM   #1433
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

MO-NA BA-LONA

She got the harder of the two SFs, I think.
PUTINTSEVA #1 PLAYER

MakarovaPavlyuchenkovaBarthelLisickiBeck DoloncTwinPliskovasPutintsevaPuchkovaSirotkinaPfizenmaier GavrilovaMituScholl
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 02:06 AM   #1434
country flag davidmario

davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute

this has turned into a chat-thread, aaahh.
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 07:19 AM   #1435
country flag Hartson

Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute

In Stuttgart Mona also had an incredible stats against Marion 36 - 20 .. Bartoli is her favorite opponent -)
Hartson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 07:46 AM   #1436
country flag joy division

joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future

Despite the record against Mladenovic (2-1) I expect this is going to be much harder for Mona than yesterday.
Mladenovic has a great week, a big and straightforward game and also was showing some great attitude in her match against Julia.
Most probably she will play on Mona`s forhand whenever she can and is able to punish Mona there much more than Bartoli yesterday.
The crowd also will be a factor.
Let`s see how Mona can deal with all that. It won`t get easy.
joy division is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 07:54 AM   #1437
LefandePatty

LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know why but I'm so confident with today's match
I just can't see Mona lose this one
LefandePatty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 08:07 AM   #1438
country flag deliverance.

deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future

Quote:
1.2.: It was a tough match. Marion served quite well. But my serves were good as well. We both fought a lot. I am happy to be in the semifinal in Paris tomorrow.
deliverance. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 09:36 AM   #1439
country flag heavyhorse

heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute

Yikes, she's playing again today? Tight schedule.

Good luck Mona!
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 09:38 AM   #1440
country flag heavyhorse

heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute

Mona was killing it yesterday.