Mona Barthel - Volume 2 - Page 78 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 30th, 2013, 03:01 PM   #1156
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Mona Barthel - Volume 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bino View Post
Wow, very tough performance and a little luck at the end with some errors by Vinci. I like her volley game, it's quite convincingly and strategically.
It has to be. With her defensive technique she has to be and stay positive once she has control of points. She has all the tools to play a dominant attacking game (serve, ros, net game, power) and thereby minimizing the exposure of her defensive liabilities.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 30th, 2013, 03:11 PM   #1157
country flag Tecumseh

Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future

It was good to see that Mona didn't loose her focus after she lost her serve being 1:0 and 40:0 up in the third set. I hope she can gain some confidence and mental strength out of this match.

All in all it was a deserved win over a very fine player for Mona. As an old-fashioned tennis fan i really like Vinci's game. She brings so much variety on the court but i am happy that Mona was the better player today.
Tecumseh is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 03:17 PM   #1158
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute

I was in Stuttgart during that match and it was truly stunning to see what she produced there.
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!
crazillo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 03:18 PM   #1159
country flag tennisfreak13

tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of

Mal von den 20 Punkten die ihr hier jetzt noch fehlen kann sie Bis Indian Wells ja erst mal richtig Boden gut machen. Mal ganz davon abgesehen das es im Rest des Jahres keine richtig große Punktebrocken gibt die sie wieder weit nach hinten werfen, außer sie verliert natürlich alles.
tennisfreak13 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 03:19 PM   #1160
country flag Michael!
indescribable

Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute

meh, couldn´t follow it!
anyway, good win for Mona, really happy that she was able to win it!
Can only read the comments and check the SB but seems like 1st set was error Mona again and then it is tough when u have to play someone like Vinci.
Goat mood in 2nd set again, which often happens when she feels not much pressure and then again some up´s and down´s in 3rd set when it got important again...but great that she was able to win it, sometimes it´s hard to understand what Mona is doings, gets broken again after 40-0 up, pathetic errors etc. but I hope that wins like today just help her to develop her game and make her mentally stronger also.
Good to see that she her volley game worked today, as Patrick said she has all tools to play an attacking game anyway.

And about Vinci´s serve, it is good for sure but not as great as it looked like in 1st set, Vinci usually is without any chance against big hitters like Mona, she has to hope for UEs there, otherwise she can´t do much IMO and even her 1st serve is attackable when u play well and Vinci not even made 60% of the pts in set2 and set3 so Mona obviously did well there.

QF against Bartoli would be nice, good result already again anyway, so far just that defeat to Pervak was really disappointing in 2013.
Michael! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 03:35 PM   #1161
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisfreak13 View Post
Mal von den 20 Punkten die ihr hier jetzt noch fehlen kann sie Bis Indian Wells ja erst mal richtig Boden gut machen. Mal ganz davon abgesehen das es im Rest des Jahres keine richtig große Punktebrocken gibt die sie wieder weit nach hinten werfen, außer sie verliert natürlich alles.
Agreed. For the most part she has defended the early points of 2012 and can now really gain points for the rest of the year.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 03:50 PM   #1162
country flag Losing Streak

Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute

I'm just back home, and... YESSSSS! what a nice surprise! Congrats Mona!

Krunya Kichenoks Pliskovas Sasnovich Kremen Kovinic Bencic Vekic Diyas Smitkova Bellis Svitolina Cirstea Mlad Garcia Pavlovic Rezai Jovanovski Mitu Savic Savinykh Evtimova Tomova Kalashnikova
Losing Streak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 03:54 PM   #1163
country flag matthias
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute

have we already the name of her new coach?
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 03:55 PM   #1164
country flag mk27

mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatjaS View Post
According to the commentator: Maik Schürbesmann, but that wouldn't be a new coach.
I don't think that was Schürbesmann
mk27 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 03:57 PM   #1165
country flag Hartson

Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute

When it was 1-2 in the 3th set after 1-0 40*-0 i was sure she lost.. Mona always loses this kind of matches, but she could win at last
Hartson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 03:58 PM   #1166
country flag Tecumseh

Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zvonaraver View Post
I'm just back home, and... YESSSSS! what a nice surprise! Congrats Mona!
Yes, she surprised all of us today by winning a three-setter. I hope you won't be too sad that you missed a GOAT second set.
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 04:00 PM   #1167
country flag Losing Streak

Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully I'll be able to see her in GOAT mode next round

Krunya Kichenoks Pliskovas Sasnovich Kremen Kovinic Bencic Vekic Diyas Smitkova Bellis Svitolina Cirstea Mlad Garcia Pavlovic Rezai Jovanovski Mitu Savic Savinykh Evtimova Tomova Kalashnikova
Losing Streak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 04:07 PM   #1168
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute

No match tomorrow.
KatjaS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 04:16 PM   #1169
country flag Tecumseh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zvonaraver View Post
Hopefully I'll be able to see her in GOAT mode next round
And hopefully she finally starts playing like that immediately in the first set. Today she was spraying a lot of UEs in the beginning of the match. In the second set our clean-hitting Mona showed up until 1:0 and 40:0 in the third. Then she lost her service game and was 1:2 behind . We all thought it was over but then out of nothing she started playing better again and Vinci made some UEs.

It was somehow a typical Mona match but this time fortunately with the better end for her.

That second set was just .
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 06:17 PM   #1170
country flag tennisfreak13

tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of

FirstServe % / Won %
1st 64 / 68
2nd 44 / 100
3rd 52 / 84
tennisfreak13 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote