Mona Barthel - Volume 2 - Page 29 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 12th, 2013, 03:39 AM   #421
country flag Hartson

Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Mona Barthel - Volume 2

Well, Vesnina deserved her first title.. She wanted to win more and also played better. Not bad tournament for Mona.. Good luck in Melbourne -)
Hartson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 12th, 2013, 03:42 AM   #422
country flag tennisfreak13

tennisfreak13 is a splendid one to behold tennisfreak13 is a splendid one to behold tennisfreak13 is a splendid one to behold tennisfreak13 is a splendid one to behold tennisfreak13 is a splendid one to behold tennisfreak13 is a splendid one to behold tennisfreak13 is a splendid one to behold tennisfreak13 is a splendid one to behold tennisfreak13 is a splendid one to behold tennisfreak13 is a splendid one to behold tennisfreak13 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartson View Post
Well, Vesnina deserved her first title.. She wanted to win more. Not bad tournament for Mona.. Good luck in Melbourne -)
This and at least Mona didn't choke And Mona didn't play more than average in this tournament. What will come if she plays very good again.
tennisfreak13 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2013, 03:47 AM   #423
Setsuna.
GOATlychenkova.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute

She certainly played much better last year and to be quite honest, she didn't improve that much. Still there is a lot of work do.

Chakvetadze Barthel Kerber Pavly Halep
Slava Shvedova Belinda Bencic Genie Bouchard Garbine Muguruza Annika Beck
Bojana Jovanovski Ons Jabeur Sabine Lisicki Petra Martic Aravane Razai Stefanie Voegele
Setsuna. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2013, 03:53 AM   #424
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

Mona is such a sweet girl-- I think maybe what may keep her from the top is that sweetness. She wasn't mad at losing the final!

Glad to see her acne starting to clear.

Just noticed both she and Lena have American inflections to their accents.
PUTINTSEVA #1 PLAYER

MakarovaPavlyuchenkovaBarthelLisickiBeck DoloncTwinPliskovasPutintsevaPuchkovaSirotkinaPfizenmaier GavrilovaMituScholl
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2013, 04:08 AM   #425
country flag Schnffy

Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of

that was bad from mona ...it seems to be that her attitude is still her biggest enemy...
Schnffy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2013, 04:21 AM   #426
Setsuna.
GOATlychenkova.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnffy View Post
that was bad from mona ...it seems to be that her attitude is still her biggest enemy...
True.

Bojana Jovanovski Ons Jabeur Sabine Lisicki Petra Martic Aravane Razai Stefanie Voegele
Old Jan 12th, 2013, 05:33 AM   #427
Setsuna.
GOATlychenkova.

I'll make some new avies for Mona soon.

Old Jan 12th, 2013, 05:34 AM   #428
Setsuna.
GOATlychenkova.

Old Jan 12th, 2013, 05:47 AM   #429
country flag matthias
Gaspa's Hubby

matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute

damn - good that i didn´t go up to watch it
matthias is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2013, 06:07 AM   #430
country flag Hartson

Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthias View Post
damn - good that i didn´t go up to watch it
You are lucky -) But this loss is not so disappointing unlike the match vs Wickmayer where Mona was better, than her opponent
Hartson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2013, 07:34 AM   #431
country flag Rex59

Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of

No accommodation for Mona by the AO. She's scheduled to play Monday afternoon. She barely has enough time to get acclimated and settled in Melbourne, let alone get a practice. Further, her match isn't on a show court (Court 11). So, if she loses you won't see it. Not a good way to start the Slam. Btw, the show courts are the name courts, plus Courts 2, 3, 6 and 8.

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/...ule/index.html
Rex59 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2013, 07:34 AM   #432
country flag DaMatz

DaMatz has a brilliant future DaMatz has a brilliant future DaMatz has a brilliant future DaMatz has a brilliant future DaMatz has a brilliant future DaMatz has a brilliant future DaMatz has a brilliant future DaMatz has a brilliant future DaMatz has a brilliant future DaMatz has a brilliant future DaMatz has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnffy View Post
So Mona lost the final because of her attitude, on purpose ?
Old Jan 12th, 2013, 07:40 AM   #433
country flag joy division

joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future

Just watched the match on youtube.
Vesnina was working very solid from the baseline and was determined throughout the whole match. This and her aggressivity on Mona`s second serve was enough and the key to give Mona trouble. In the end she wanted it much more and absolutely deserved to win.

Mona didn`t play that bad I think. But her first serve percentage was lower than in the last few days.
And in her last matches she was playing very concentrated in the deciding moments of the sets. Today it was quite the opposite, she finished these points with some avoidable UE`s. As usual she had some great shots in between but overall she was too passive for my taste. Already in her match against Flipkens I thought that she might have been a little bit tired mentally and somehow got away with it.

Vesnina is a very emotional player. Imo Mona should have taken some more risks to frustrate and shake her confidence. On a another day, without doubt, she has the game to beat such an opponent. In the end "the worker prevailed the artist" in this match.

We saw a fundamental issue that we already often noticed with Mona.
She sometimes is a little too non-participant to me and is missing that competitive mind and attitude to hang in and to really get into these matches. Elegance and beauty of the game is just one part of it.
However, it didn`t work for her. As said she probably was a little exhausted mentally to be ready for it today.
Looking at the ceremony, she also accepted the loss a bit too modest for my taste.
On the other hand, who could be angry with her for that ? She is showing there what a nice person she is.

So, on to the next. There`s not much time left to recover until Melbourne.
Good luck and all the best for her at the AO.

Last edited by joy division : Jan 12th, 2013 at 07:47 AM.
joy division is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2013, 08:21 AM   #434
country flag Tecumseh

Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisagi. View Post
Oh well. She didn't deserve to win today. Good luck in AO. I don't know how she will beat Pervak to be honest.
I think Pervak as a solid but not powerful baseliner should be a good matchup for Mona. So i am optimistic that we will see our girl winning on monday.

All in all im really happy about Mona's results of the last two weeks. I know that its not easy to immediately find your form after a long training camp. Its visible that she has worked on some parts of her game. In her better matches you could see improvements on her forehand and her net game (ok its still not brilliant) and also her serve was more consistent. I still think she urgently needs an experienced coach who regularly controls her technique and especially helps her to find the right composure and aggressiveness on the court both of which she lacked today.

I also think that Elena clearly deserved to win the title. She was the best player of the tournament with impressive wins over Shvedova and Stephens and had also a strong yearning for her first title. So hats off and well done!
Tecumseh is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2013, 10:28 AM   #435
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute

Good tournament for Mona but I must say I am happy Vesnina finally won a title.
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!
crazillo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote