Mona Barthel - Volume 2 - Page 178 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 14th, 2013, 04:11 PM   #2656
country flag Wonderwall

Wonderwall is a splendid one to behold Wonderwall is a splendid one to behold Wonderwall is a splendid one to behold Wonderwall is a splendid one to behold Wonderwall is a splendid one to behold Wonderwall is a splendid one to behold Wonderwall is a splendid one to behold Wonderwall is a splendid one to behold Wonderwall is a splendid one to behold Wonderwall is a splendid one to behold Wonderwall is a splendid one to behold
Re: Mona Barthel - Volume 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalusbrian View Post
she did play well...but she was unable to break Madis serve
Magda Rybarikova just beat Keys 6-3 6-0 and Keys first serve was at 77% (better than against Mona).
Wonderwall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 14th, 2013, 04:20 PM   #2657
country flag Hartson

Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderwall View Post
Magda Rybarikova just beat Keys 6-3 6-0 .
Slices, net play etc. Mona's game doesn't suit for grass
Hartson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2013, 04:49 PM   #2658
country flag Wonderwall

Wonderwall is a splendid one to behold Wonderwall is a splendid one to behold Wonderwall is a splendid one to behold Wonderwall is a splendid one to behold Wonderwall is a splendid one to behold Wonderwall is a splendid one to behold Wonderwall is a splendid one to behold Wonderwall is a splendid one to behold Wonderwall is a splendid one to behold Wonderwall is a splendid one to behold Wonderwall is a splendid one to behold

Don't know if I buy that Mona can't play on grass. She hasn't been great on clay either recently.

She just isn't playing well at the moment for whatever reason

Had she played Keys on grass in her early season form I'm pretty sure she'd have won.

But anyway there's still the doubles
Wonderwall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2013, 05:29 PM   #2659
country flag Tecumseh

Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future

Quote:
Don't know if I buy that Mona can't play on grass. She hasn't been great on clay either recently.

Had she played Keys on grass in her early season form I'm pretty sure she'd have won.

But anyway there's still the doubles
I think Mona has, especially because of her forehand technique, some trouble with irregular bounces which often occur on clay and particularly on grass. Maybe she needs a bit more time to adapt herself to the grass.

In general i think she should do well on grass, and she proved at Paris indoors that her net play is quite good. But she surely has to get back her big first serve in order to become a real threat on grass.
Old Jun 14th, 2013, 08:50 PM   #2660
country flag mk27

mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute

's-Hertogenbosch

(5)Mona Barthel (GER) v Q
Q v Lauren Davis (USA)
Kiki Bertens (NED) v Anabel Medina Garrigues (ESP)
Lourdes Dominguez Lino (ESP) v (2)Dominika Cibulkova (SVK)
mk27 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2013, 09:35 PM   #2661
country flag Tecumseh

Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future

Old Jun 14th, 2013, 09:45 PM   #2662
country flag Hartson

Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Of course she must beat this kind of players like Keys etc. on any surface when she is in a good form.
I didn't mean she can't win even one match on grass, but anyway i suppose it's her worst surface.
Hartson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2013, 12:09 AM   #2663
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

Come on Mona, time to pick up some more points
Putintseva #1 player

MakarovaLisickiBarthelBeckTwinPliskovasSmitkovaPervakGavrilovaTownsendAllertovaAbandaPuchkova
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2013, 06:10 AM   #2664
country flag Tecumseh

We have to wait and see which qualifier Mona has to face in R1. Davis would of course be tricky in R2. I am expecting Bertens to be a potential opponent in QF, but it remains to be seen whether Mona will be able again to win two matches in a row.
Old Jun 15th, 2013, 11:38 PM   #2665
popinjay

popinjay is a splendid one to behold popinjay is a splendid one to behold popinjay is a splendid one to behold popinjay is a splendid one to behold popinjay is a splendid one to behold popinjay is a splendid one to behold popinjay is a splendid one to behold popinjay is a splendid one to behold popinjay is a splendid one to behold popinjay is a splendid one to behold popinjay is a splendid one to behold

She could have saved the flight to the Netherlands. No chance against one of the qualifiers.
Hopefully she has to face one of the five British wildcards at Wimbledon in the first round.
popinjay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16th, 2013, 07:38 AM   #2666
country flag couchpotatoe

couchpotatoe is a glorious beacon of light couchpotatoe is a glorious beacon of light couchpotatoe is a glorious beacon of light couchpotatoe is a glorious beacon of light couchpotatoe is a glorious beacon of light couchpotatoe is a glorious beacon of light couchpotatoe is a glorious beacon of light couchpotatoe is a glorious beacon of light couchpotatoe is a glorious beacon of light couchpotatoe is a glorious beacon of light couchpotatoe is a glorious beacon of light

playing the optimist role again:
boomerangkid wrote this in Sabine's thread
"Was there from sunday until friday night!
this awful C1 ... didn't allow anything than serving! Balls bounced like crazy on suface that didn't merit the term "grass" ...Decent playing was simply not possible.
... on a field like that, allows no constructive playing out points, returning, it's a gamble game who wins. Have seen that before when Mona lost to Keyes on it!"
Mona played on court1 all the time.

Last edited by couchpotatoe : Jun 16th, 2013 at 07:46 AM.
couchpotatoe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16th, 2013, 07:58 AM   #2667
country flag Tecumseh

Quote:
Originally Posted by popinjay View Post
She could have saved the flight to the Netherlands. No chance against one of the qualifiers.
Hopefully she has to face one of the five British wildcards at Wimbledon in the first round.
It's possible that she gets Dolonc again, in case the latter wins her quali final today.

But she could also get Muguruza, Putintseva or Hlavackova. Given Mona's recent results, these potential opponents would already be a huge challenge for her, that's for sure.
Old Jun 16th, 2013, 11:39 AM   #2668
country flag joy division

joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future

Mona obviously has to eat humble pie right now. Therefore she probably has choosen to play at Herzogenbosch and not Eastbourne hoping to finally get a few matches under her belt again.

Overall I`m a little surprised that her season actually is taking a pretty similar rad currency as last year`s. Starting strong and dropping even stronger afterwards.
The difference probably is that Mona right now is visibly showing much more signs of despair about her game on the court than last year where she rather seemed to be apathetic for the observer in her weak phase.
Beside that Mona interestingly does not sound anxious but still pretty confident in her comments on the homepage and in the interviews.
Right now it seems that a very simple gameplan (just play on her forhand side all the time) is enough to give her trouble, make her self-destruct and beat her.

In psychological points of view there of course is a danger repeating such a season. It`s a two-edged sword with experiences in sports. Bad ones can make you learn and show you the way but also can stay in your mind and obstruct your developement.
In that sense I hope that she can find some form again a little earlier than last year and get some good results in the hard court season.
joy division is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16th, 2013, 12:53 PM   #2669
country flag Rex59

Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy division View Post
Mona obviously has to eat humble pie right now. Therefore she probably has choosen to play at Herzogenbosch and not Eastbourne hoping to finally get a few matches under her belt again.

Overall I`m a little surprised that her season actually is taking a pretty similar rad currency as last year`s. Starting strong and dropping even stronger afterwards.
The difference probably is that Mona right now is visibly showing much more signs of despair about her game on the court than last year where she rather seemed to be apathetic for the observer in her weak phase.
Beside that Mona interestingly does not sound anxious but still pretty confident in her comments on the homepage and in the interviews.
Right now it seems that a very simple gameplan (just play on her forhand side all the time) is enough to give her trouble, make her self-destruct and beat her.

In psychological points of view there of course is a danger repeating such a season. It`s a two-edged sword with experiences in sports. Bad ones can make you learn and show you the way but also can stay in your mind and obstruct your developement.
In that sense I hope that she can find some form again a little earlier than last year and get some good results in the hard court season.

Anyone "can talk" a game. Playing it with results is all together different. Mona is just talking.......
Rex59 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16th, 2013, 01:31 PM   #2670
country flag mk27

mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute

1st round against Muguruza
mk27 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote