Mona Barthel - Volume 2 - Page 168 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 14th, 2013, 02:00 PM   #2506
country flag Tecumseh

Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future
Re: Mona Barthel - Volume 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalusbrian View Post
this ignores the fact that shes been ill, injured back etc. Mona always deserves our support ESP if things go pear shape.

A friend in need is a friend indeed
As you can see below you took my post completely out of context.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mk27 View Post
Last year she had 6 losses in a row from Madrid till Wimbledon.
Now she has 5 from Indian Wells till Madrid, if we won't count the Fed Cup win.

The good thing is that she has no points to defend in the next 2 months. But it's possible now that she won't be seeded in Paris.

Quote:
With these sorts of performances she clearly doesn't deserve it and i think that this is her smallest problem at the moment.
With my answer to mk27 i obviously meant that she doesn't deserve to be seeded in Paris. I obviously did not write that she doesn't deserve support.

In case she is ranked 33 next week she clearly doesn't deserve to be seeded there. I think this is about mathematics.
Tecumseh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 15th, 2013, 11:26 AM   #2507
country flag jalusbrian

jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecumseh View Post
As you can see below you took my post completely out of context.

With my answer to mk27 i obviously meant that she doesn't deserve to be seeded in Paris. I obviously did not write that she doesn't deserve support.

In case she is ranked 33 next week she clearly doesn't deserve to be seeded there. I think this is about mathematics.

ambiguous statments are always to be avoided. context(?) doesnt help here
the issue of ranking has been raised re Rafa Nadal, some think he should be ranked number 1, due to his tennis, tho he is still at number 4,
regarding Mona, should she also be seeded above her ranking number? well if Rafa can then others may also merit it. Mona has been as high as 23, and 33 doesnt reflect her ability...The no. is due to missing Rome, as well as other health problems. UNseeded she may be in danger, but she can also be a danger.As ive noticed elsewhere, her best results come when shes unseeded
jalusbrian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2013, 10:15 PM   #2508
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

Is Mona wanted in Italy? Why is she not playing Rome again?
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2013, 02:14 AM   #2509
Tezuka.

Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick345 View Post
Is Mona wanted in Italy? Why is she not playing Rome again?
Quote:
Unfortunately, Mona had to cancel the tournament in Rome due to stomach and intestinal problems. She will now regenerate at home and then starting in Paris fit again.
http://mona-barthel.de/en/berichte2013en.html
Forever Chakvetadze
Tezuka. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2013, 07:13 AM   #2510
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

They really need to learn the term recuperate, recover or rest .

The way they say it sounds like Mona can regenerate lost limbs.

Hope she can produce some good tennis at Roland Garros, unlike last year.
HowardH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2013, 08:34 AM   #2511
country flag Tecumseh

Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardH View Post
They really need to learn the term recuperate, recover or rest .

The way they say it sounds like Mona can regenerate lost limbs.

Hope she can produce some good tennis at Roland Garros, unlike last year.
I think being at home now will help her. She normally produces her best tennis after some preparation with her homecoach Maik Schürbesmann. So i think she will do better at Roland Garros.

I am still curious about her coaching situation as she still doesn't mention any tourcoach on her website.
Old May 20th, 2013, 07:57 PM   #2512
renegade!

renegade! is a splendid one to behold renegade! is a splendid one to behold renegade! is a splendid one to behold renegade! is a splendid one to behold renegade! is a splendid one to behold renegade! is a splendid one to behold renegade! is a splendid one to behold renegade! is a splendid one to behold renegade! is a splendid one to behold renegade! is a splendid one to behold renegade! is a splendid one to behold

A new "press release" on her website by Mona herself.

Quote:
20.5.: I recovered at home and practiced on clay, so I am well prepared for the French Open. I am looking forward to play in Paris again, where I won the Paris Open in February.
renegade! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2013, 07:58 PM   #2513
country flag matthias
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute

hope she can finally win a GrandSlam match again
matthias is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2013, 10:53 AM   #2514
country flag Tecumseh

Mona vs Angie!!!
Old May 24th, 2013, 10:54 AM   #2515
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecumseh View Post
Mona vs Angie!!!
KatjaS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2013, 11:03 AM   #2516
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute

I think this is a rather good draw for Mona. She has nothing to lose. I think it's better than being a huge favourite against some scrub.
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!
crazillo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2013, 11:06 AM   #2517
country flag Tecumseh

Mona has less to lose here, as she is not the favorite on paper and doesn't have to defend any ranking points in contrast to Angie.

But this is clearly not the draw i was hoping for.
Old May 24th, 2013, 11:09 AM   #2518
country flag Tecumseh

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazillo View Post
I think this is a rather good draw for Mona. She has nothing to lose. I think it's better than being a huge favourite against some scrub.
I agree, but this is a horror draw for Angie.
Old May 24th, 2013, 11:16 AM   #2519
country flag Hartson

Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute

Is anybody going to see Mona's win at a slam in this life ??
Hartson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2013, 11:18 AM   #2520
country flag heavyhorse

heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute

Mona CAN beat Angie. It's a 2-1 h2h for Mona but imo should be 3-0. It just depends on how much Mona actually cares because in a lot of her previous matches Mona looks like she doesn't have a care in the world if she loses.
heavyhorse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote