Mona Barthel - Volume 2 - Page 167 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 11th, 2013, 11:07 AM   #2491
country flag jalusbrian

jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold
Re: Mona Barthel - Volume 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leyla. View Post
I never gambled in my entire life and I don't have any emotional investment in her game. Your trolling is poor. Try harder next time.
what would be Monas response to her 'fans' saying shes 'tanking', and getting stroppy at her losing.? she'd be not very happy.
I came to TF just to comment on what seems to be a culture of nasty commentary('criticism') toward players when they lose and fans dont get their fix of a win.

Your response to 'criticism' is interesting

Last edited by jalusbrian : May 11th, 2013 at 11:35 AM.
jalusbrian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 11th, 2013, 02:00 PM   #2492
country flag Wonderwall

Wonderwall is a splendid one to behold Wonderwall is a splendid one to behold Wonderwall is a splendid one to behold Wonderwall is a splendid one to behold Wonderwall is a splendid one to behold Wonderwall is a splendid one to behold Wonderwall is a splendid one to behold Wonderwall is a splendid one to behold Wonderwall is a splendid one to behold Wonderwall is a splendid one to behold Wonderwall is a splendid one to behold

It'd be an odd kind of thread (and incredibly dull) if everybody just posted positive comments all the time and ignored any in deficiencies in Mona's game or attitude.

Whilst I agree that the personal comments and trash talk on GM are disgusting. There's no question of that line being crossed on here.

Mona's a very intelligent girl and would realise if she ever read this thread that the criticism comes from a good place and borne of frustration in wanting her to do well.
Wonderwall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2013, 02:05 PM   #2493
country flag jalusbrian

jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderwall View Post
It'd be an odd kind of thread (and incredibly dull) if everybody just posted positive comments all the time and ignored any in deficiencies in Mona's game or attitude.

Whilst I agree that the personal comments and trash talk on GM are disgusting. There's no question of that line being crossed on here.

Mona's a very intelligent girl and would realise if she ever read this thread that the criticism comes from a good place and borne of frustration in wanting her to do well.

I totally disagree with this remark :'Mona's a very intelligent girl and would realise if she ever read this thread that the criticism comes from a good place and borne of frustration in wanting her to do well'

what utter bunk,..its borne from the same place the frustrated gambler whos lost money on a horse.

The reason i came on this board is to criticise the critics, who just love to bash players who lose matches. Mona 'tanking'? what a disgraceful remark that didnt 'come from a good place'
Old May 11th, 2013, 03:32 PM   #2494
country flag Wonderwall

Wonderwall is a splendid one to behold Wonderwall is a splendid one to behold Wonderwall is a splendid one to behold Wonderwall is a splendid one to behold Wonderwall is a splendid one to behold Wonderwall is a splendid one to behold Wonderwall is a splendid one to behold Wonderwall is a splendid one to behold Wonderwall is a splendid one to behold Wonderwall is a splendid one to behold Wonderwall is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalusbrian View Post
I totally disagree with this remark :'Mona's a very intelligent girl and would realise if she ever read this thread that the criticism comes from a good place and borne of frustration in wanting her to do well'

what utter bunk,..its borne from the same place the frustrated gambler whos lost money on a horse.

The reason i came on this board is to criticise the critics, who just love to bash players who lose matches. Mona 'tanking'? what a disgraceful remark that didnt 'come from a good place'
Good for you it makes it more interesting

However I think you're wrong and are being too simplistic when you say the posters on this thread "love to bash players who lose matches" It's the manner in which Mona has lost her recent matches and the fact the posters were not fully aware at the time of Mona's physical problems that explains them.

Love your passion for defending Mona though.
Wonderwall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2013, 08:53 AM   #2495
Setsuna.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
what would be Monas response to her 'fans' saying shes 'tanking', and getting stroppy at her losing.? she'd be not very happy.
I came to TF just to comment on what seems to be a culture of nasty commentary('criticism') toward players when they lose and fans dont get their fix of a win.

Listen troll, you are just embarrassing yourself. No one is on your side in this case. Mona doesn't read TF. She doesn't have a twitter account or a FB page too so your question is pretty much pointless. Our criticism won't reach her at all so you don't need to worry about that Mr. anti-criticism. As Wonderwall mentioned, Mona is a smart girl. She would easily realise that we want the best for her when we criticise her sometimes. Heiko (Tecumseh) already said that his post was inappropriate. What do you want him to do to make you happy? Apologize to you and ask for forgiveness?

Are you seriously comparing us to those who sent mean/nasty comments to Marino on twitter/FB?! If you do, then you are an idiot sir. Mona's fanbase is much better than what you think. Most if not all of us here will always support her no matter what. We will always be her fans even if she loses every match in the rest of her career. We support her because we love her beautiful talent and her personality not because we have an emotional investment in her game or whatever stupid reason you would like to believe. Therefore you better stop making these stupid baseless assumptions.

Quote:
youre someone who has an emotional investment in her game, like a gambler who is outraged that his player didnt win and so lost him money(saw that on a FB tennis fan site!)
Quote:
The reason i came on this board is to criticise the critics, who just love to bash players who lose matches
None of us loves to bash Mona when she loses, clown. If that was the case, then we would be her haters not fans.

Chakvetadze Barthel Pavlyuchenkova Kerber Halep Shvedova Bencic
Setsuna. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2013, 09:09 AM   #2496
country flag jalusbrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leyla. View Post
Listen troll, you are just embarrassing yourself. No one is on your side in this case. Mona doesn't read TF. She doesn't have a twitter account or a FB page too so your question is pretty much pointless. Our criticism won't reach her at all so you don't need to worry about that Mr. anti-criticism. As Wonderwall mentioned, Mona is a smart girl. She would easily realise that we want the best for her when we criticise her sometimes. Heiko (Tecumseh) already said that his post was inappropriate. What do you want him to do to make you happy? Apologize to you and ask for forgiveness?

Are you seriously comparing us to those who sent mean/nasty comments to Marino on twitter/FB?! If you do, then you are an idiot sir. Mona's fanbase is much better than what you think. Most if not all of us here will always support her no matter what. We will always be her fans even if she loses every match in the rest of her career. We support her because we love her beautiful talent and her personality not because we have an emotional investment in her game or whatever stupid reason you would like to believe. Therefore you better stop making these stupid baseless assumptions.

None of us loves to bash Mona when she loses, clown. If that was the case, then we would be her haters not fans.
you need to listen to yourself:

'Listen troll, you are just embarrassing yourself. No one is on your side in this case....Mona is a smart girl. She would easily realise that we want the best for her when we criticise her sometimes'

you like to criticise but dont like to be criticised. Am i right? Do you think Mona likes the sort of comments ive seen posted?

1. some samples of upset fans

'Wow, don't really know what to say about this...we didn't see it but how the match went sounds awfully familiar. She needs someone to wake her up. Now after Fed Cup this imho could be Rittner like someone (crazillo?) suggested. Her attitude is horrible, one "I don't care" match is bad, 3 is unacceptable.'

'I think she is very absentminded.She just hits the ball but she never cares whether the ball is in or out. when she returned the 2nd serves, she just wasted the chance to be dominated. So irritable, so negative.'
(comment: its some of the fans who are 'so irritable, so negative'; now why was Monas irritable and negative? )

a sensible comment:
';Firstly, Flipkens has been, in the last year or so, in her career best form, and she is ranked 8 places above Mona, so this hardly is an upset, although it would be considered a winnable match.
We also didn't see the match so we are lacking something in being sure exactly what happened.'
(nicely said)

'Wandering through the Laberthread I see that Mona's troubles are at the forefront of many people's minds.'
(comment: thats for sure, but thats what happens when we get too attached)

'I think she has very high expectations of her game and if they are not met in a match she tends to suffer a complete emotional crash. She seems to be poor at handling disappointments during a game and she needs to work at this weakness."'

in fact, this observation applies more to the fans!When Mona loses matches she should win, the fans suffer emotional crashes.

Mona doesnt suffer from poorly handling disappointments; there are many cases shes been stoical,and accepted her defeat; she does suffer when she cant find her game. The tete-a-tete with her mother people are using much to much.

Howard H wrote:
'It's almost as if her game is an "ally" who gives her support, and without that ally she feels lost.'
(comment: now this is quite a shrewd comment! it has some merit. It goes back to the old idea of genius as a presiding spirit,which may abandon a person for a while.)

'For the same reason it was psychologically much easier for her to play the doubles in Stuttgart, since of course there you have an ally, your partner, right by your side'

interesting! But shes played doubles before and lost early.

someone else:
'You don't even need to be a tennis coach to see that, under certain circumstances, she has no clue what to do on court'
(commment: what circumstances? this is like the fan who was irate with Li Na; to whom Na replied she didnt need to be coached by that person...

Mona is quite capable on court under most circumstances, where she falters, are issues she will resolve as her game matures

2. 'eiko (Tecumseh) already said that his post was inappropriate'

yes but that was in response to me comment, as u say, i want the best for Eiko.

so why are you bashing Mona? who a you to take her to task for losing?

'she would easily realise that we want the best for her when we criticise her sometimes'

if i were her, id be annoyed by the presumption of this statement: you want the best? why not listen to her.

So when will we seen an end to the 'inappropriate posts' then?

The problem is her 'fans' want her to win...when she doesnt they get irate. Thats the sort of fan behavior she doesnt need.

Last edited by jalusbrian : May 14th, 2013 at 09:34 AM.
Old May 14th, 2013, 09:40 AM   #2497
country flag jalusbrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomerangkid View Post
It's certainly no shame to lose to Flipper but not like that and w the Safarova match in mind .... that match (and I've seen it live) was a big mess!
I really like Mona and her game but her problem (how funny some people find her mothers odd coaching sessions ...) is and stays her dominating control-freak mother. You could see it in Stuttgart even in doubles matches.

In the one hand Mona is no clay court top30/40/50 (?) player (at the moment!)!! She moves on clay like (to quote maria) a cow on ice ... and that has much to do w her physiognomie ( she can work on it, f.e by playing doubles or ask MariaS) ... and despite of the stuttgart doubs title ( where she played next a passioned doubs player who was on a mission! ..and usually has the talent to make the best of her partners on court) she looked (her movements) clumsy onclay in Stuttgart's singles ... Bojana is no opponent on clay and I saw the Lucie - match !!

I have never seen her so happy and free on court before than w Sabine at their doubles matches but asked for more doubles playing w her after the final, I noticed her reserved answer ... she's (in contrast to Sabine) not able to decide free (my impression) and her mother watching her matches looks pretty daunting to me. This girl lacks fun to exploit all her potential (we've seen last time in Paris supported by a real/good coach!) and she definitely has a big 1!

Unfortunately she seems to be very devoted to her mother (for all she did for her and cos she's a nice girl but...) - become independent, Mona!

Next months will be hard for her but I really hope she'll get proactive, knowing about her weaknesses on others than hard courts, playing more doubles besides there (Birmingham w sabine) to get more matches and matches w/o the pressure to "must win"

I so much want her to get rid of the mess. With confidence and fun her game is like a cream cake
remarkable! fans say the darndest and most outrageous things:
'I really like Mona and her game but her problem (how funny some people find her mothers odd coaching sessions ...) is and stays her dominating control-freak mother. You could see it in Stuttgart even in doubles matches.;

'control freak mother'??? are we on the same planet?
even for a fan that insult to her mother is outrageous..how is that helping Mona?

'In the one hand Mona is no clay court top30/40/50 (?) player (at the moment!)!! She moves on clay like (to quote maria) a cow on ice .'

Mona beat Ivanovic and Bartoli on Stuttgart clay 2012; she took then world no 1 Azarenka to three sets, and might have won, so how is her clay game no good? how is she a cow on ice?

' matches w/o the pressure to "must win" '

fans hate seeing her lose...when she does, they feel the need to act as unpaid coaches
Old May 14th, 2013, 09:43 AM   #2498
country flag jalusbrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecumseh View Post
Someone has to talk to her seriously. She will lose fans if she goes on like this. Ok not me, but it's hard to bear such a behaviour.
No, she will only lose fairweather fans. Monas behavior is exemplary. But if she gets ill or injured, not much she can do.
Old May 14th, 2013, 09:46 AM   #2499
country flag jalusbrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecumseh View Post
With these sorts of performances she clearly doesn't deserve it and i think that this is her smallest problem at the moment.

this ignores the fact that shes been ill, injured back etc. Mona always deserves our support ESP if things go pear shape.

A friend in need is a friend indeed
Old May 14th, 2013, 09:52 AM   #2500
country flag jalusbrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick345 View Post
Don´t need a break for that. Takes about 60 seconds to tell her what the problem is: She is not as good as she thinks she is. From there it is all a question of total professionalism. A sports psychologist to work on her attitude/mentality and a full-time coach to work on her game.

the above is remarkable for telling us what Mona is support to be thinking!
'She is not as good as she thinks she is'
translation: 'she's not as good as i thought she was!'

Monas problem is she has been SO good, when things dont go well fans are upset. So what has Mona achieved this year:
Auckland Semifinal
Hobart Final
Paris WIN
fedcup: her win helped save the day (why didnt she tank against Bojana?)
Stutttgart first doubles title

not bad for 2nd year on tour!

Consider other young players: Sloane stephens, Madison Keys, Laura Robson etc etc....

then ask yourself maybe shes right to think: 'Im good!'
Old May 14th, 2013, 10:58 AM   #2501
country flag mk27

mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute

It's clear now that she will be unseeded at RG.
mk27 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2013, 11:18 AM   #2502
country flag jalusbrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk27 View Post
It's clear now that she will be unseeded at RG.

yes and the risk is she meets Williams etc
BUT she won Paris unseeded...and is capable of holding her own with Azarenka
Old May 14th, 2013, 11:21 AM   #2503
country flag mk27

mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
yes and the risk is she meets Williams etc
BUT she won Paris unseeded...and is capable of holding her own with Azarenka
Maybe it's better for her when she's unseeded and she has nothing to defend at the next 4 Grand Slam tournaments.
mk27 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2013, 11:29 AM   #2504
country flag Melange

Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

You came to wrong player forum. Apart from the fkwit pov theres hardly any stupid comments here
Old May 14th, 2013, 11:37 AM   #2505
country flag jalusbrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk27 View Post
Maybe it's better for her when she's unseeded and she has nothing to defend at the next 4 Grand Slam tournaments.
she has little else to defend so she can go down no father than 46...but the next 3 majors offer her the chance to rise back to the 20s. Provided she is healthy. Recent form problems due to illness, fatigue, back etc.