Mona Barthel - Volume 2 - Page 160 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 27th, 2013, 09:44 AM   #2386
country flag Tecumseh

Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future
Re: Mona Barthel - Volume 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardH View Post
A succinct summary of the situation. A pro athlete should play every match with a certain attitude. You can't let your mood prevent you from doing a professional job, but Mona seems to be vulnerable to this. Interestingly, it's very hard to pick any of this up from her interviews, but the pressure of competitive tennis often shows up a side of a player that they can otherwise keep hidden. Mona needs to solve this problem urgently. As an intelligent young woman, she should realise that what she is doing is counter to her goals to play good tennis and win matches. You have to make decisions that help you to do better in your tennis, and that includes choosing to have a certain attitude when you play.
THIS! She seems to regress to an early childhood stage when things don't go her way during a tennis match, whereas she appears to be very grown-up and well-balanced in her interviews.
Tecumseh is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 28th, 2013, 04:03 PM   #2387
country flag Hartson

Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute

The first doubles title in Mona's career !! Congrats !

Last edited by Hartson : Apr 28th, 2013 at 04:21 PM.
Hartson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 04:19 PM   #2388
country flag Melange

Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute

Its a good week for Mona. She can play more doubles now
Melange is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 04:24 PM   #2389
country flag Phil=)

Phil=) has a brilliant future Phil=) has a brilliant future Phil=) has a brilliant future Phil=) has a brilliant future Phil=) has a brilliant future Phil=) has a brilliant future Phil=) has a brilliant future Phil=) has a brilliant future Phil=) has a brilliant future Phil=) has a brilliant future Phil=) has a brilliant future

She will enter the Top 100 now
SF: Doubles Sunderland, Kuala Lumpur
Singles: 83// Doubles: 59 (partnering: flareon)
Titles overall(ITF): Singles: 1 (1), Doubles: 12 (5)
Phil=) is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 04:52 PM   #2390
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecumseh View Post
THIS! She seems to regress to an early childhood stage when things don't go her way during a tennis match, whereas she appears to be very grown-up and well-balanced in her interviews.
It's got not an early/late or or any other "childhood stage." Nor does it have to do with anything "grown-up." It could be said to have to do with balanced. Many maybe most adults who are seen as "balanced" have just learned to be false. They say and do what they know is expected while hiding their true thoughts and feelings. In a way what's often called maturity is akin to facile at being false.

IMO what Barthel need to do is find a genuine belief in her ability to get back on track and prevail even when she knows she's far from playing her best game. That and to realize that mentally "beating up on herself" rarely - if ever - produces a positive result.
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 04:53 PM   #2391
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartson View Post
The first doubles title in Mona's career !! Congrats !

Old Apr 28th, 2013, 05:47 PM   #2392
country flag Tecumseh

Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future

Congratulations on your first WTA doubles title, Mona!

Sabine was superb today and Mona showed her potential to become a good doubles player.
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 06:14 PM   #2393
country flag Tecumseh

Quote:
Originally Posted by pov View Post
It's got not an early/late or or any other "childhood stage." Nor does it have to do with anything "grown-up." It could be said to have to do with balanced. Many maybe most adults who are seen as "balanced" have just learned to be false. They say and do what they know is expected while hiding their true thoughts and feelings. In a way what's often called maturity is akin to facile at being false.

IMO what Barthel need to do is find a genuine belief in her ability to get back on track and prevail even when she knows she's far from playing her best game. That and to realize that mentally "beating up on herself" rarely - if ever - produces a positive result.
I would see it differently. What i saw during the second set against Safarova and all the other meltdowns was a little girl who is throwing her toys around.

Last edited by Tecumseh : Apr 28th, 2013 at 06:27 PM.
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 07:43 PM   #2394
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats on the doubles title!
HowardH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 07:56 PM   #2395
country flag elba

elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of

Ich war beeindruckt, wie gute Laune die beiden gehabt haben.
Old Apr 29th, 2013, 04:22 AM   #2396
popinjay

popinjay is a splendid one to behold popinjay is a splendid one to behold popinjay is a splendid one to behold popinjay is a splendid one to behold popinjay is a splendid one to behold popinjay is a splendid one to behold popinjay is a splendid one to behold popinjay is a splendid one to behold popinjay is a splendid one to behold popinjay is a splendid one to behold popinjay is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil=) View Post
She will enter the Top 100 now
Das sieht die WTA aber gar nicht so. Da fehlen wohl noch gut 100 Punkte.

http://www.wtatennis.com/SEWTATour-A...es_Numeric.pdf
popinjay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29th, 2013, 06:57 AM   #2397
country flag yoite

yoite is just really nice yoite is just really nice yoite is just really nice yoite is just really nice yoite is just really nice yoite is just really nice yoite is just really nice yoite is just really nice yoite is just really nice yoite is just really nice yoite is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by popinjay View Post
Das sieht die WTA aber gar nicht so. Da fehlen wohl noch gut 100 Punkte.

http://www.wtatennis.com/SEWTATour-A...es_Numeric.pdf
a great breakthrough! :thumbup:
yoite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29th, 2013, 01:38 PM   #2398
country flag Schnffy

Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of

Mona on her website:
Quote:
29.4.: Ich bin sehr glücklich, dass ich mit Sabine zusammen den Doppeltitel in Stuttgart gewinnen konnte. Wir haben die ganze Woche zusammen viel Spass gehabt. Dass man den Titel gewinnt, obwohl man nur mit Hilfe einer Wildcard ins Feld gelangen konnte, ist schon etwas Besonderes. Vielen Dank an die Zuschauer, die uns während der Woche so schön unterstützt haben.
Quote:
29.4.: I am so happy wining the doubles final together with Sabine. We had a lot of fun during this week. Winning the tournament while coming into the draw with a wildcard is amazing. Thanks to the crowd that supported us so well during the week.
Old Apr 29th, 2013, 08:28 PM   #2399
country flag CillyUltra

CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
STUTTGART, Germany & MARRAKECH, Morocco - Some of the world's best doubles teams took the courts of Stuttgart and Marrakech this past week but it was a pair of emerging pairs that prevailed - Mona Barthel and Sabine Lisicki in Stuttgart and Timea Babos and Mandy Minella in Marrakech.

A packed field headed to the Porsche Tennis Grand Prix in Stuttgart but it was the German wildcard team of Barthel and Lisicki that came out on top, rolling through their first three rounds and then taking out Bethanie Mattek-Sands and Sania Mirza in a competitive straight-setter in the final, 64 75.

Lisicki took away her second WTA doubles title, having won this title in 2011 with Samantha Stosur.

"It's my second time winning here, and second time as a wildcard as well," Lisicki said. "Mona and I had so much fun during the week. It was our first time playing together and we played very well.

"It's a good omen for me - two years ago when I won this title I went on to play an amazing year."

Barthel won her first WTA doubles title. "We were so lucky to get the wildcard - so then to take our chance and win the whole tournament means a lot," she said. "The crowd was supporting us so well. It was a great atmosphere - we took the energy and just went for it. Hopefully we'll play again soon."
http://www.wtatennis.com/news/articl...up-new-co-no1s
Old Apr 30th, 2013, 02:54 PM   #2400
country flag Tecumseh

Did Mona split up with the Orlik team? She doesn't mention them on her website as her coaching team anymore.