Mona Barthel - Volume 2 - Page 155 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 4th, 2013, 01:25 AM   #2311
country flag sortof

sortof is just really nice sortof is just really nice sortof is just really nice sortof is just really nice sortof is just really nice sortof is just really nice sortof is just really nice sortof is just really nice sortof is just really nice sortof is just really nice sortof is just really nice
Re: Mona Barthel - Volume 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grininel View Post
Without a coach again, ugly attitude, same old problems..
Regroup yourself, miss barthel. Don't repeat 2012 disasters.
Yep, it starts indeed to look now like a repeat of 2012 - a strong start into the season but extreme inconsistency thereafter. I tend to think that she needs a good coach. Without blaming anyone the facts suggest that it does not work out with her mother.
sortof is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 4th, 2013, 11:35 AM   #2312
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Mona

Bad loss. Honestly with this form she is no help for the German Fed Cup team. Very weak performance. Something must be seriously wrong with Mona. I simply don`t understand how she can lose to such weak players such as Rybarikova at Miami and now to Pegula at Charleston. And even in straight sets. And wasting SPs too.

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4th, 2013, 02:54 PM   #2313
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rucolo View Post
Mona

Bad loss. Honestly with this form she is no help for the German Fed Cup team. Very weak performance. Something must be seriously wrong with Mona. I simply don`t understand how she can lose to such weak players such as Rybarikova at Miami and now to Pegula at Charleston. And even in straight sets. And wasting SPs too.
Why is Rybarikova a weak player? On her game she wins WTA titles left and right for a player her ranking. From the Germans only Lisicki has even won as many WTA titles as her. Her ranking is almost back up to her previous career-high and she has won a minimum of two matches in every tournament she played since losing 12-14 to Muguruza in the first round of the AO. That was not a good loss, but I can see how her game would mesh well with Barthel´s defensive struggles. Don´t think you can compare these two losses. 2nd set with Pegula was on the level of her worst quit jobs of last summer.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4th, 2013, 04:09 PM   #2314
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick345 View Post
Why is Rybarikova a weak player? On her game she wins WTA titles left and right for a player her ranking. From the Germans only Lisicki has even won as many WTA titles as her. Her ranking is almost back up to her previous career-high and she has won a minimum of two matches in every tournament she played since losing 12-14 to Muguruza in the first round of the AO. That was not a good loss, but I can see how her game would mesh well with Barthel´s defensive struggles. Don´t think you can compare these two losses. 2nd set with Pegula was on the level of her worst quit jobs of last summer.
Agreed, I think the Pegula loss is much worse. Espacially becuase of the mental side that Mona showed in this match. Players now know: stay close with her, freak Mona out and you stand a chance.
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!
crazillo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2013, 02:17 PM   #2315
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick345 View Post
Why is Rybarikova a weak player?
I have seen Rybarikova lots of times. And yeah I think she is a weak player. Nothing special. No huge weapons. If a talented player (who can hit hard) moves well and plays aggressive then Rybarikova has no chance. Rybarikova has a strong serve sometimes and here and there a nice forehand but that`s it. Mona should never have lost to her.

BTW Jankovic destroyed Pegula 6-0 6-4 Mona

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 06:36 AM   #2316
country flag Schnffy

Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by rucolo View Post
BTW Jankovic destroyed Pegula 6-0 6-4 Mona
well done mona a match against jankovic would have been a important test for fed cup...
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 06:52 AM   #2317
country flag Tecumseh

Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future

Mona hasn't posted a report on her website since her loss. It seems that she is still in a state of schock.
Tecumseh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 07:22 AM   #2318
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecumseh View Post
Mona hasn't posted a report on her website since her loss. It seems that she is still in a state of schock.
In a way that is a good sign in my opinion. It would be worse if she just shrugged off that performance as "bad day at the office".
KatjaS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 07:39 AM   #2319
country flag Tecumseh

Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatjaS View Post
In a way that is a good sign in my opinion. It would be worse if she just shrugged off that performance as "bad day at the office".
Yes, i agree. Hopefully she realizes that something fundamental did happen during that changeover after the first set.
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 09:37 AM   #2320
country flag joy division

joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by elba View Post
She should hire a really good coach or study medicine or practice yoga or play chess or enter a convent.
At times I can`t defend the thought that Mona is that kind of person who will decide at some point from one day to the other and seemingly out of the blue to end her tennis career.

Quote:
Mona uses her homepage only for the necessary things and has some longer breaks at times.
After that scene there is a lot to think and talk about.
I don`t know about their contact but I wish Rittner will support and nominate her for the FedCup team in that situation.

Last edited by joy division : Apr 6th, 2013 at 09:43 AM.
joy division is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 10:34 AM   #2321
country flag Tecumseh

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy division View Post
At times I can`t defend the thought that Mona is that kind of person who will decide at some point from one day to the other and seemingly out of the blue to end her tennis career.

Mona uses her homepage only for the necessary things and has some longer breaks at times.
After that scene there is a lot to think and talk about.
I don`t know about their contact but I wish Rittner will support and nominate her for the FedCup team in that situation.
Normally we pretty quickly get a message, even after a loss. But i think that this loss appears to be special to her so that she maybe (and hopefully) is still reflecting on it.

When you look at the different reactions of Rittner to the cancellation of Sabine in 2010 on the one hand and to the cancellation of Mona in 2013 on the other hand you can conclude that she doesn't get the same support from Rittner or the DTB and i doubt that she ever will.

I for one really hope that Mona won't get nominated for Fed Cup because i expect her to be in a little (but normal) crisis until the FO at least. So even with her impressive H2H against the serbian players i think a nomination wouldn't be helpful neither for the team nor for herself.

I additionally believe that at this stage of her career she should follow her first idea of focussing on her singles career. The bad vibrations which Mona potentially would receive from Rittner and the team wouldn't be any helpful to get back on track.
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 11:01 AM   #2322
country flag joy division

joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future

Quote:
Normally we pretty quickly get a message, even after a loss. But i think that this loss appears to be special to her so that she maybe (and hopefully) is still reflecting on it.

When you look at the different reactions of Rittner to the cancellation of Sabine in 2010 on the one hand and to the cancellation of Mona in 2013 on the other hand you can conclude that she doesn't get the same support from Rittner or the DTB and i doubt that she ever will.

I for one really hope that Mona won't get nominated for Fed Cup because i expect her to be in a little (but normal) crisis until the FO at least. So even with her impressive H2H against the serbian players i think a nomination wouldn't be helpful neither for the team nor for herself.

I additionally believe that at this stage of her career she should follow her first idea of focussing on her singles career. The bad vibrations which Mona potentially would receive from Rittner and the team wouldn't be any helpful to get back on track.
I also can imagine that Mona is not in the mood to play FedCup right now after all what happened in that concern and in her last match at Charleston. Most likely she wants to be left alone and manage her own things right now.

Imo it would be a nice thing when Rittner would show her with the nomination that she is counting on her, confidence-wise. Tbh, not very likely because the relation between Mona and Rittner obviously is not the best and the closest.

Last edited by joy division : Apr 6th, 2013 at 11:35 AM.
joy division is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 03:00 PM   #2323
country flag Tecumseh

Here is a translation of the conversation between Mona (M) and Hannelore (H) after the first set against Pegula:

H: Make sure that you always get into a good position and use your knees!

M: That’s what I am trying to do all the time. It is about my head!

H: Do always strike with your favorite speed only. That’s the most important thing, that you strike with your favorite speed. Don’t hesitate! The problems always arise when you are hesitating. Just act according to your instinct!

M: It (the instinct) has gone, it has gone, it has all gone. How is it possible to always play that badly? How can you lose your whole game and play only shit? I nearly can’t get a ball into the court.

H: She really plays fairly surprisingly (unpredictable).

M: What is so surprising about it (her game)? It is just normal what she is playing. But if I am not able to keep the ball in play it is going to become difficult. I am pushing every ball with only 4 kmh onto the service line and am returning her serve into the middle of the court.

H: Play with your favorite speed! The tactic that you have chosen is exactly right.

M: Yes, exactly right! Nothing is right!

H: Hm, okay!? Then strike the balls sometimes higher and sometimes flatter. Everything is alright!

M: It doesn’t work! I don’t know what to do!

H: You have to do what you have done before but make sure that you get into a good position and then strike the balls like you want to.
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 03:08 PM   #2324
Setsuna.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute

Nice coaching. Poor Mona.

Chakvetadze Barthel Kerber Halep Pavlyuchenkova Shvedova Bencic Lottner
Setsuna. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 03:10 PM   #2325
Setsuna.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute

Mona is the definition of a double edged sword in tennis.

Chakvetadze Barthel Kerber Halep Pavlyuchenkova Shvedova Bencic Lottner
Setsuna. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote