Mona Barthel - Volume 2 - Page 153 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 2nd, 2013, 09:41 PM   #2281
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Mona Barthel - Volume 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnffy View Post
@linzsports
Mona Barthel watching in the stands is the most exciting thing about this tennis match. By far. Nearlly everyone in the stands have left.

She watched Serena in the hot sun righth before her own match? I wonder if she even warms up properly for a match hitting and stretching, when she is coached by her mother. I have a feeling she has little to no idea how to be a pro off and on the court. She clearly needs a full-time coach for all that stuff. She´d probably be too embarrassed to just let herself go like today, if she had a coach in the stands that commands her respect.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 2nd, 2013, 09:52 PM   #2282
country flag tennisfreak13

tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of

Das war das Spiel gestern. Also das von Pegula und Muguruza. Aber bei Mona gibt es eigentlich nur totale Dominanz, solche Desaster wie heute und dann halt noch diese engen Supermatches gegen die Topspielerinnen die sie dann ob doch gerne mal verliert.
tennisfreak13 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2nd, 2013, 10:10 PM   #2283
country flag joy division

joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future

Wtf, Mona. That was a disaster.

What scared me most was not just her refusal to work in the second set, but the scenario in the break after the first set.
Mona was acting like a little child and there is no need to talk about her mum anymore. Very sad scene.
There seems to be some trouble in the house.
Hopefully Mona finally notices that she needs a full-time coach and does not continue to kid herself.
joy division is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2nd, 2013, 10:13 PM   #2284
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

Missed this but reports are troubling. Especially reports that "she isn't trying". I don't understand that. Maybe she was just playing so badly it looked like she wasn't trying?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick345 View Post
She watched Serena in the hot sun righth before her own match? I wonder if she even warms up properly for a match hitting and stretching, when she is coached by her mother.
That tweet was from when she was watching Pegula to scout her.

Somewhat worrying loss. I'm sure she has her own warm up routine with dynamic stretching etc but without a coach she might have a little trouble organising hitting. Usually players who are lacking a hitting partner will hit with another player though.
HowardH is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2nd, 2013, 10:17 PM   #2285
country flag Setsuna.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute

She reminded me a lot of Gulbis in that 2nd set. I'm a big fan of Ernests and that's exactly what happens in his matches when he is full of rage. He completely throws matches away just because he can't control his emotions. Mona is probably even worse at that.

She needs to learn how to control her emotions.

Chakvetadze Barthel Kerber Bencic Pavlyuchenkova Halep Muguruza Lottner

Last edited by Setsuna. : Apr 2nd, 2013 at 10:31 PM.
Setsuna. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2nd, 2013, 10:24 PM   #2286
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't it strange though? Mona usually comes across as not emotional and cool-headed. And then we hear the probably most explosive outbreak of emotion by a player EVER recorded during coaching on the tour.
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!
crazillo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2nd, 2013, 10:26 PM   #2287
country flag elba

elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of

She should hire a really good coach or study medicine or practice yoga or play chess or enter a convent. Save where you can not save - she and her mother, please forget it.
Old Apr 2nd, 2013, 10:34 PM   #2288
country flag Tecumseh

Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy division View Post
Wtf, Mona. That was a disaster.

What scared me most was not just her refusal to work in the second set, but the scenario in the break after the first set.
Mona was acting like a little child and there is no need to talk about her mum anymore. Very sad scene.
There seems to be some trouble in the house.
Hopefully Mona finally notices that she needs a full-time coach and does not continue to kid herself.
I feel a bit sorry for Mona's mum. I always thought that she doesn't really want to be in that coaching position and that Mona is the one who can't let her go in order to travel with a real coach. She needs to grow up now obviously.
Tecumseh is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2nd, 2013, 10:34 PM   #2289
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute

WTF! I didn't see the match and not only did she lose but, from what I've been reading, she imploded. That sucks.

As far as the coach thing - I dunno. When it comes to emotional/mental issues, I've rarely seen a case where a coach accomplishes much. Murray is the only one I can think of. Azarenka, who was a volatile mess, changed because she decided to - not because of coaching.

Dang . . . I hope she gets it more together.
Old Apr 2nd, 2013, 10:38 PM   #2290
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by elba View Post
She should hire a really good coach or study medicine or practice yoga or play chess or enter a convent. Save where you can not save - she and her mother, please forget it.
I'm not on board with the "blame her Mom" bit. Her Mom went through a lot to help her get to where she is. But yeah yoga or a meditation practice can help. So can some of the more cutting-edge sports psychologists. That energy she's turning on herself can actually help her play better if she channels it effectively. Which yeah - is often easier said than done.
Old Apr 2nd, 2013, 11:17 PM   #2291
country flag elba

elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by pov View Post
I'm not on board with the "blame her Mom" bit. Her Mom went through a lot to help her get to where she is. But yeah yoga or a meditation practice can help. So can some of the more cutting-edge sports psychologists. That energy she's turning on herself can actually help her play better if she channels it effectively. Which yeah - is often easier said than done.
I said not: yoga and medication can help, I said, she has to stop play half-heartedly tennis and do stg else.

In tennis, it's not about you can achieve great points, it's all about being better in two sets - similar to chess or boxing.
Old Apr 2nd, 2013, 11:27 PM   #2292
country flag joy division

joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecumseh View Post
I feel a bit sorry for Mona's mum. I always thought that she doesn't really want to be in that coaching position and that Mona is the one who can't let her go in order to travel with a real coach. She needs to grow up now obviously.
Interesting point. We don`t know who is clinging to whome in this relation. Most probably both are doing so.
When Mona deperately shouted "I have no clue what I can do now" it sounded to me close to as if she wanted to provoke and expose her mum infront of herself. Something is bothering Mona probably the whole coach story, the FedCup discussion, whatever...
Anyway, that scene was definitely showing a lot and is a call for action.

Last edited by joy division : Apr 2nd, 2013 at 11:37 PM.
joy division is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 12:08 AM   #2293
country flag Tecumseh

Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy division View Post
Interesting point. We don`t know who is clinging to whome in this relation. Most probably both are doing so.
When Mona deperately shouted "I have no clue what I can do now" it sounded to me close to as if she wanted to provoke and expose her mum infront of herself. Something is bothering Mona probably the whole coach story, the FedCup discussion, whatever...
Anyway, that scene was definitely showing a lot and is a call for action.
She seems to set herself under too much pressure and obviously her expectations after all the good results have risen too much. And that's why she completely lost the control over her emotions after that first set. It was crystal clear that she thereafter wasn't able anymore to put up a fight and i don't blame her for that. This is simply not possible for such a sensible player when facing such a psychological collapse. But she surely has to sort these problems out in order to fulfill her potential.

Anyway, i won't lose my believe in Mona as i know that these painful losses can be helpful in the long run.
Tecumseh is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 12:23 AM   #2294
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute

She seems like 17 in many ways, still somewhat like a rookey. She will mature eventually.
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!
crazillo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 12:31 AM   #2295
country flag King Halep
♥ Si Si Simona Si Si Si

King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute

A Mess!

King Halep is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote