Mona Barthel - Volume 2 - Page 145 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 13th, 2013, 03:36 PM   #2161
country flag Tecumseh

Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future
Re: Mona Barthel - Volume 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazillo View Post
I don't think Mona's subforum or thread has been "abused" by anyone so far. What happens in GM should not be overrated, anyone knows what to expect there.
I was rather thinking about what happened in the german fedcup thread a few weeks ago. Mona's subforum will never be the problem.
Tecumseh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 13th, 2013, 03:38 PM   #2162
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecumseh View Post
I was rather thinking about what happened in the german fedcup thread a few weeks ago. Mona's subforum will never be the problem.
You can't take people like Saraya or WimbleBine seriously in this regard. If Mona ever reads that kind of crap she should just start laughing instead of getting angry. I hope she would at least...
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!
crazillo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2013, 03:47 PM   #2163
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Before the match against Sam I read a comment here that said "should be no problem". Some people need a reality check.
I agree. I thought she had a good chance but to think that Stosur (unless she goes into self-defeating mode) is "no problem" for any player is silly.
Old Mar 13th, 2013, 03:52 PM   #2164
country flag Tecumseh

Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future

Quote:
You can't take people like Saraya or WimbleBine seriously in this regard. If Mona ever reads that kind of crap she should just start laughing instead of getting angry. I hope she would at least...
I hope so too.
Old Mar 13th, 2013, 04:38 PM   #2165
country flag Hartson

Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Before the match against Sam I read a comment here that said "should be no problem". Some people need a reality check.
Yes. We forgot the second half of 2012 -) Two months later: Mona is #23, in the top-10 in the Race, won Premier title, beat three top-10 players and she is improving
Hartson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2013, 06:04 PM   #2166
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecumseh View Post
Quote:
In those general threads we have to live with their opinions (even if we think the opinion is disgusting), but they can and should be called out on it. What I think is important is that the sub forums are left alone by the haters, and so far this is thankfully the case for Mona, or in the German forum in general (except Schnffy and the stuff he posts about Julia).

I'm quite sure the players do read quite a lot about themselves (though Mona at least doesn't have to deal with the vile stuff that gets posted on twitter), but I hope they develop a thick skin quickly. And I'm sure Mona gets a lot of positive fan mail as well and is able to enjoy that instead of getting dragged down by haters.
KatjaS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2013, 06:32 PM   #2167
country flag joy division

joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future

Quote:
Before the match against Sam I read a comment here that said "should be no problem". Some people need a reality check. We cannot expect Mona to take top 10 players apart week in week out. She is not top 5 yet and she still has a long way to go. I believe in Mona's game and I think she will go this far but not quite yet. So please lower your expectations and be a little more realistic, it's still a learning process.

I do hope she learns to handle players that play with a lot of spin better. It's good for her that not many girls play like Stosur.

Stosur is Stosur and she is pretty unique in her style of play and serving in women`s tennis. They played against each other yesterday for the first time. She had some problems with Errani at Paris who also prefers to play a Top Spin forhand in her groundstrokes, but Mona won that match.
So your final conclusion is a little bit inappropriate to me. And as you say she still can learn a lot.

The member you are talking about does it every time as you may have noticed. Because I hardly have read any negative comments towards a player of him/her when the prediction was wrong I`m not quite sure whether he/she is serious or just has a little strange way to wish a player the best for a match.
Imo there is no serious reason to be annoyed of it.

What actually annoys me are the hidebound wiseheimers, the dizzers and haters you can find everywhere on TF. Not in Mona`s forum but also in some other German threads the atmosphere is poisoned at times.
Also the pretty low level of talk and discussion in tennis technical issues. You can hardly find really worthy comments as a newby in tennis.
There is no need to talk about GM where you can find galores of sick, sad and brainless comments of internet addicted poor devils. Not very appealing indeed.

Some players might have taken a look here at the beginning of their career, but they will have lost the interest pretty rapid, I guess.
It`s a pity that posters like Howard for instance who really can tell a lot about the details of the sport are rare and also do not post here very often. Idk, it also might have to do with the above mentioned things.
joy division is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14th, 2013, 02:57 AM   #2168
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

Thought she would take out Sam, but not quite!

Still a very good tournament for her. Off to Miami!
PUTINTSEVA #1 PLAYER

MakarovaPavlyuchenkovaBarthelLisickiBeck DoloncTwinPliskovasPutintsevaPuchkovaSirotkinaPfizenmaier GavrilovaMituScholl
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14th, 2013, 08:03 AM   #2169
country flag Schnffy

Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatjaS View Post
In those general threads we have to live with their opinions (even if we think the opinion is disgusting), but they can and should be called out on it. What I think is important is that the sub forums are left alone by the haters, and so far this is thankfully the case for Mona, or in the German forum in general (except Schnffy and the stuff he posts about Julia).
i'm not a hater... i just think certain things she does are odd like posting such pics

btw what are doing saraya, ziva and others in bine's forum? your're a little hypocrite...
Old Mar 14th, 2013, 09:46 AM   #2170
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnffy View Post
i'm not a hater... i just think certain things she does are odd like posting such pics

btw what are doing saraya, ziva and others in bine's forum? your're a little hypocrite...
Saraya and Ziva laughingly quote "funny" tweets like "You should just suck cocks"?
Post sexist comments?
Discredit her as an athlete, essentially calling her a tourist?
Accuse her of doping using the good old "guilt by association" smear?

Not a hater, sure.
KatjaS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15th, 2013, 01:57 AM   #2171
Setsuna.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute

I have to say that it's nice to see that there is no tards at all in Mona's fanbase. Mmmm maybe we have at least one Monatard here? Show yourself.

Just kidding.

Chakvetadze Barthel Kerber Halep Pavlyuchenkova Shvedova Bencic Lottner
Setsuna. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15th, 2013, 09:51 AM   #2172
country flag Tecumseh

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk27 View Post
They will use this week's ranking for the seedings, not the ranking from next Monday.
That means, she should be seeded at 28 in Miami.
I was surprised to see that they are using the ranking of March 18 for the seedings list in Miami. So Mona will be seeded at 23 at least.

http://www.sonyopentennis.com/Player...r-Landing.aspx

Quote:
Note: Rankings positions are shown as of February 4, the entry deadline for the tournament. (Tournament seedings are based on rankings as of March 18.)
Old Mar 15th, 2013, 01:01 PM   #2173
Setsuna.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute

Good news. What result she needs in Miami to break the top 20 by the way?

Old Mar 15th, 2013, 01:07 PM   #2174
Setsuna.

She probably needs to reach QF at least.

Old Mar 15th, 2013, 01:25 PM   #2175
country flag Tecumseh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leyla. View Post
She probably needs to reach QF at least.
Mona is on 23 in the WTA live rankings and 205 points behind the TOP 20. She has to defend 80 points and therefore a QF with 250 points wouldn't be enough probably. But i don't know how many points Makarova, Safarova and V. Williams have to defend in Miami.